The Pleasing Of The Father

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. - Matthew 3:17.

Fruit does not come from you, your doing something to work up a good character. Good character is Christ. That is how I miss Christ in me as life, I think it is me doing the doing. You cannot do anything, your dead.

Here the argument goes on the side of doing something to be; well then it is Christ when I sin. I have had people tell me that it would be Christ sinning if the gospel was to be a shared life Gospel (Christ as the life of the believer). The problem with that theory is; you cannot find that in the 'fruit of the Spirit.' There is no sin life in Christ. This is what I was taught when I was learning Christ as life, coming into the knowledge of Him as life. It was explained to me as; 'it is the fruit of the Spirit' capital S meaning God fruit - 'it is not the fruits of a believer that has accomplished a way of living that appears to be pleasing to the Father.'

Now I'm sure there are things that are done that are pleasing to the Father. But what I can be assured of is; in the scriptures the pleasing of the Father is first: 'Christ in you' and then secondly: you knowing it. That is the pleasing of the Father because if you know something you have a better chance at living it or allowing it.

You know the number one challenge for believers? It is allowing Christ in me to be expressed as me. Try it and see, if you think pure unadulterated Christianity is simple then try allowing Christ to live His life through you. You come out with a different understanding of grace. You have nothing to fall back on. How do you repent from not living Christ or allowing Christ to live as you, there is no repentance. Not according to scripture, it is either Christ or it isn't; plain and simple. Oh ok I get it.

What resonated with me was - I knew that was true because I could put up a front in front of people that I wanted to impress and it looked like I was really putting on a fruit show and I was, it was all show for the most part. What makes life ridiculous sometimes is we cannot fool ourselves, and surely not the Lord but we will try, pretty dumb right! That is what is in man and when man gets honest they will say they are living a lie most of the time. Trying to impress! Have you ever been to certain gatherings or what not and it looked more like a fashion show, everyone is dressed to the nine's hats lots of hats and shiney shoes and the like. Nothing wrong with dress up but it can get crazy fake. What is that? I'm trying to impress you and you try to impress me. Laughable! Be yourself. Some say; that is me. I say no it's not, you are more than that. You are more than a dressed up body that smells good for one afternoon. Happy trails saints!

Last edited:
Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you repent from not living Christ or allowing Christ to live as you, there is no repentance. Not according to scripture, it is either Christ or it isn't; plain and simple. Oh ok I get it.

refreshing post. All of it. 17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. - Matthew 3:17. Makes me think of “He is my shepherd (John 10:11), and shall perform all my pleasure” “thou shall be built” and to the temple “thy foundation shall be laid” Isaiah 44:28 That saith of Cyrus, He is my shepherd, and shall perform all my pleasure: even saying to Jerusalem, Thou shalt be built; and to the temple, Thy foundation shall be laid.

Isaiah 45:13 I have raised him up in righteousness, and I will direct all his ways: he shall build my city, and he shall let go my captives, not for price nor reward, saith the Lord of hosts.

Reactions: soul man

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do have a question regarding “How do you repent from not living Christ or allowing Christ to live as you, there is no repentance. Not according to scripture, it is either Christ or it isn't; plain and simple. Oh ok I get it.”

not to derail your thread but I don’t understand. 2 Corinthians 7:10 For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

Does Christ not lead to godly sorrow which works (produces) repentance to salvation not to be repented of, the end thereof Life? Does “not to be repented of” mean no repentance? Or different than “the sorrow of the world worketh death.” The end thereof death.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 26:35-43 Peter said unto him, Though I should die with thee, yet will I not deny thee. Likewise also said all the disciples. [36] Then cometh Jesus with them unto a place called Gethsemane, and saith unto the disciples, Sit ye here, while I go and pray yonder. [37] And he took with him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, and began to be sorrowful and very heavy. [38] Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me. [39] And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt. [40] And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour? [41] Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak. [42] He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done. [43] And he came and found them asleep again: for their eyes were heavy.

? His end was Life and not death?
John 10:17-18 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. [18] No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do have a question regarding “How do you repent from not living Christ or allowing Christ to live as you, there is no repentance. Not according to scripture, it is either Christ or it isn't; plain and simple. Oh ok I get it.”

not to derail your thread but I don’t understand. 2 Corinthians 7:10 For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

Does Christ not lead to godly sorrow which works (produces) repentance to salvation not to be repented of, the end thereof Life? Does “not to be repented of” mean no repentance? Or different than “the sorrow of the world worketh death.” The end thereof death.

Yes Christians repent. I made the statement from the stand point of actually living by the life of another. I am living that life or that life is lived as me, synonymous term (Christ in me) seeing there is but one life (Christ). That statement is; Christ. There is no repenting for living or not living Christ, it is either you are or you are not. Now we do repent for whatever you feel necessary, we all know when we are not living.

Last edited:

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It cuts through the knowledge of good and evil to; true life and living. Not a law base sin repent life. That is how a believer begins their new life (most anyway). This is life life. Believers will always have failure in living Christ but it is a different way of living called in scripture; Life. Pure life is Christ. There is no working it up, it just is and spontaneous for believers understanding.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It cuts through the knowledge of good and evil to; true life and living. Not a law base sin repent life. That is how a believer begins their new life (most anyway). This is life life. Believers will always have failure in living Christ but it is a different way of living called in scripture; Life. Pure life is Christ. There is no working it up, it just is and spontaneous for believers understanding.
Again didn’t mean to derail. Just have questions. Thank you. Makes me think of 2 Corinthians 6:10 As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again didn’t mean to derail. Just have questions. Thank you. Makes me think of 2 Corinthians 6:10 As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things.

There is certain scriptures that give us a new life detail, such as; how that life comes about, how is that life lived by believers, and expression of the new life. Paul gives the born again information that needs to be looked at and studied (as he says 'show yourself a workman) to see where those scriptures lead the believer as far as life is concerned. There is no religious life, home life, work life, relationship life, education life, church life and so on. There is one life in the scriptures and that life is the believers only life. Alot of confusion comes from trying to be something we are not.

Out of that life (Christ) comes everything for life. Salvation, fruit of the Spirit, life, renewal in mind, all we can think of that life we know holds.