The Power Of Spoken Words

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Whenever you hear someone use the Lord’s name in vain

It’s a good idea to bow your head andsay silently:

’Blessed be the name of the Lord’” - Patrick Neve.../

A member posted this in a different thread and it set my mind to thinking. I didnt want to sidetrack the other thread so I'll just start one and ramble on over here, lol.

Life and death are in the power of the Tongue (Proverbs 18:21). So Mr. Patrick Neve strikes me as profound. We must be careful of what we allow ourselves to say. We can speak Blessings and we can speak cursings (James 3:10). And if Jesus spoke the Universe into existance (an we are in Christ) then maybe our spoken words have more of a profound effect in the spirit realm than we give them credit for (diligence for)?

Well I didnt mean it, I was angry....too late you done cursed them? Whatever we bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, right? If you wake up feeling poorly, don't say I feel terrible today! Or else feeling terrible may become your norm?! How about instead saying, I have better days ahead of me?!

So if you hear someone and then that triggers you to say an extra Blessed be the Name of the Lord you may have just cancelled out their curse? (So Bless the Lord's Name Twice!) Ok. Now we come to my question.

Luke 24:54-62
54 Then they seized him and led him away, bringing him into the high priest's house, and Peter was following at a distance. 55 And when they had kindled a fire in the middle of the courtyard and sat down together, Peter sat down among them. 56 Then a servant girl, seeing him as he sat in the light and looking closely at him, said, “This man also was with him.” 57 But he denied it, saying, “Woman, I do not know him.” 58 And a little later someone else saw him and said, “You also are one of them.” But Peter said, “Man, I am not.” 59 And after an interval of about an hour still another insisted, saying, “Certainly this man also was with him, for he too is a Galilean.” 60 But Peter said, “Man, I do not know what you are talking about.” And immediately, while he was still speaking, the rooster crowed. 61 And the Lord turned and looked at Peter. And Peter remembered the saying of the Lord, how he had said to him, “Before the rooster crows today, you will deny me three times.” 62 And he went out and wept bitterly.../ESV

So Peter denied the Lord three times. By the spoken word to those people! What can Peter do in this situation? He did not know, so he wept. Did Jesus do it for him?

John 21:15-17
15 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.

16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.../KJV

Peter said three times, I Love you, Lord. Peter denied Jesus three times. Was this Jesus's way of encouraging Peter to cancel out denying Him? I think, maybe! Sure could be. What do you think?

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When are you going to post a teaching on Mark 11:23,24 ?

Those are good verses and back up what I was saying. I could tell some teestimonies too! I've never moved a mountain before (I tried Lol!) But other things have happened not so dramatic.

It says ye have not because ye ask not, too. Many things we have to ask for or we dont get them. I was asking for so many things at one point that I felt bad and didnt want to come across as a whiney kid, gimme gimme gimme. But the Lrd taught me that all prayer is considered worship. So I ask away again!

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those are good verses and back up what I was saying. I could tell some teestimonies too! I've never moved a mountain before (I tried Lol!) But other things have happened not so dramatic.

You did understand Jesus was not talking about speaking to actual mountains, right?

The mountain are problems and opposition that are so big they may as well be an actual mountain that we don't have any ability to remove ourselves

One cannot cast out devils if they do not believe that what they say shall come to pass as Jesus spoke of in Mark 11:23,24

Reactions: MA2444

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You did understand Jesus was not talking about speaking to actual mountains, right?

The mountain are problems and opposition that are so big they may as well be an actual mountain that we don't have any ability to remove ourselves

One cannot cast out devils if they do not believe that what they say shall come to pass as Jesus spoke of in Mark 11:23,24

Lol! Yes, but I didn't know that then! The mountains are our problems and tribulations in life. Speak to your problem Andrew Wommack says. When Jesus healed people and stuff He didn't do it the way it is done nowadays. People are like, lay hands on them and pray to God, oh God if it is your will to heal this person blah blah blah...Jesus didnt do that. He cast the evil spirits out Himself, and when it wasnt a evil spirit but just a touch of fever, all Jesus had to do was to touch her hand. Then she got up and made them all sandwiches.

We have to reach out and take the authority to ourselves that the Lord gave to us. Jesus didn't say let's make a prayer chain, He said, in Matthew 10:8

8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.../KJV

And that is the way to speak to the mountain!

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That guy is a wolf that teaches if one lives in sin they are still saved.

He's a very confused person.

You'd be far better off to study what the Lord says in His Word and quite him.

Come on man, can't you speak nicely about anyone?! If all these guys that I listen to you say are evil (Lol) then who do you say that I should be listening to? Who is Your Favorite teacher/speaker?

I asked you before and you dodged it. Come on bro, give me an answer...

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Come on man, can't you speak nicely about anyone?!

Jesus is the only One that is good!

I used to go to a church where they made an idol out of andew womancks so I'm familiar with his false teachings.

Other than being a mouth piece for the devil and leading people astray... he seems like a nice guy.