The Quality of Faith Is Not Strained!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Giver

Dec 13, 2013
Wilson, NC
laid renard said:
Works vs Grace......

Hmmm.......

I choose Grace ! :)
[SIZE=16pt]Yes the Holy Spirit gives one the grace to live the whole Word of God, and that means one will never sin.[/SIZE]

laid renard

Apr 2, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
Sorry if this all comes out as one big clump, but this site is in the throes of technical difficulties, and it won't let me hit shift more than once. Or copy or paste. Or post images. Or quote. Anywhoo...
There will always be struggles with the flesh, for we live in a fallen world. But thank God, Jesus has overcome all that. And I am so glad I am covered by his blood.
I was also taught that liars, and thieves, and drunkards, and such, shall not enter into God's Holy Kingdom. But I was also taught, that as Christians, we still sometimes sin, for the only perfect man to walk the earth was Jesus.
I was also taught that when a Christian falls into sin, and say, for this point here, falls into lying, that he will still enter into God's kingdom.
Now we know liars can not enter. But because he is washed of all sin by the blood, he is, believe it or not, not a liar. He is a Christian acting like a liar.
If we are sorry for them, He will not see our lies. And remember, God knows our hearts better than we do. He will only see us clothed in the righteousness of Christ. Not our filthy rags Gucci knock off.
Wow. What a God. :wub:

Giver

Dec 13, 2013
Wilson, NC
laid renard said:
Sorry if this all comes out as one big clump, but this site is in the throes of technical difficulties, and it won't let me hit shift more than once. Or copy or paste. Or post images. Or quote. Anywhoo...
There will always be struggles with the flesh, for we live in a fallen world. But thank God, Jesus has overcome all that. And I am so glad I am covered by his blood.
I was also taught that liars, and thieves, and drunkards, and such, shall not enter into God's Holy Kingdom. But I was also taught, that as Christians, we still sometimes sin, for the only perfect man to walk the earth was Jesus.
I was also taught that when a Christian falls into sin, and say, for this point here, falls into lying, that he will still enter into God's kingdom.
Now we know liars can not enter. But because he is washed of all sin by the blood, he is, believe it or not, not a liar. He is a Christian acting like a liar.
If we are sorry for them, He will not see our lies. And remember, God knows our hearts better than we do. He will only see us clothed in the righteousness of Christ. Not our filthy rags Gucci knock off.
Wow. What a God. :wub:
[SIZE=16pt]Yes my Church taught me the same things, as you seem to have been taught.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Then one day Jesus came into my living room, and sat next to me. Jesus had me open the bible to where it says a Christian is dead to sin. Then Jesus explained to me how that was possible.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Jesus/Holy Spirit has continued to teach me about a Christian will not sin. He has done that in many ways, but the way, which is most telling, is that God has kept me sin free for almost forty years.[/SIZE]

williemac

Apr 29, 2012
Canada
Giver said:
[SIZE=16pt]Yes the Holy Spirit gives one the grace to live the whole Word of God, and that means one will never sin.[/SIZE]
This will be true in the millennium, after the resurrection. Sin will be done away with along with the old man, the old nature, and the old creation. In the meantime, we are held up by the covenant of grace that we are in by faith.

The new creation is God's doing. But it is not complete yet. It has been started by Him and will be completed by Him. You are making the abstinence from sin in this life a matter of man's doing. God does not get the glory in that. While we are exhorted to walk in righteousness, the first priority is to love one another. Love is the fulfillment of the law. But even then, we are not justified by our works, our love, or our moral obedience. These are fruits of the life that has already been granted. Some bear fruit 100, some 60, some 30.

God gives grace to the humble. It is highly recommended that those who are bearing much fruit do not look down their nose, or proclaim condemnation, towards they who bear less fruit.

The men who were hired to work in a field agreed to their wage. But they were upset that those hired at the end of the day received the same wage. The master asked.."is your eye evil because I am good?" . It is a mistake to assume this is about timing. It is about minding one's own business. You do what you feel you need to do. As for most of the rest of us, we will continue to believe that life is a free gift of grace. respectfully, your Bro.

Giver

Dec 13, 2013
Wilson, NC
williemac said:
This will be true in the millennium, after the resurrection. Sin will be done away with along with the old man, the old nature, and the old creation. In the meantime, we are held up by the covenant of grace that we are in by faith.

The new creation is God's doing. But it is not complete yet. It has been started by Him and will be completed by Him. You are making the abstinence from sin in this life a matter of man's doing. God does not get the glory in that. While we are exhorted to walk in righteousness, the first priority is to love one another. Love is the fulfillment of the law. But even then, we are not justified by our works, our love, or our moral obedience. These are fruits of the life that has already been granted. Some bear fruit 100, some 60, some 30.

God gives grace to the humble. It is highly recommended that those who are bearing much fruit do not look down their nose, or proclaim condemnation, towards they who bear less fruit.

The men who were hired to work in a field agreed to their wage. But they were upset that those hired at the end of the day received the same wage. The master asked.."is your eye evil because I am good?" . It is a mistake to assume this is about timing. It is about minding one's own business. You do what you feel you need to do. As for most of the rest of us, we will continue to believe that life is a free gift of grace. respectfully, your Bro.
[SIZE=16pt]Where did you ever get the idea I believed that not sinning was anything that man could accomplish? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]The only way one can defeat Satan/sin is if he or she has the indwelling of God.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=large](John 14: 23) “Anyone who loves me will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make a home in him.”[/SIZE]

williemac

Apr 29, 2012
Canada
Giver said:
[SIZE=16pt]Where did you ever get the idea I believed that not sinning was anything that man could accomplish? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]The only way one can defeat Satan/sin is if he or she has the indwelling of God.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=large](John 14: 23) “Anyone who loves me will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make a home in him.”[/SIZE]
If it is not us who accomplishes it, then why are you suggesting responsibility on our part? That spells contradiction.

The Holy Spirit is our comforter. What comfort are you offering here? The Holy Spirit is He who is the guarantee of our inheritance. What guarantee are you offering here? The Holy Spirit is He who brings us the presence of the Father and the Son. And this is eternal life; that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent" (John17:3) The point of His presence is fellowship with God.

Where can we find in scripture that the Holy Spirit is given to cause us to walk in perfect and flawless righteousness on this earth?

I once encountered a sect years ago and attended one of their meetings. They believed as you do. However, at the time, my wife was a smoker. I was told that she couldn't be a Christian and couldn't possibly have the Holy Spirit. Do you also feel that way?

Funny, her conversion was so powerful that she was speaking in tongues before even knowing what it was. But these guys merely concluded that it was all false, based on their doctrine. I say, YUUKK!

Tropical Islander

Dec 20, 2013
Hi Giver,

you said: "Calvin, Luther and the rest of the so-called Reformers, had to find a way to discredit Hebrews, because it shows their theology is not of God."

I'm not the greatest fan of Calvin and Luther, but never heard anyone totally dismissing them.

Tell me more, where would I go to read more about the doctrinal faults of these two. Perhaps that would be helpful to understand where your thinking is coming from.