The Real Gift Of Christ!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(ryan;27934)
The bigger gift is revelation of Jesus Christ through His Spirit.
Hey Ryan,I'm not sure what you mean by this.. could you explain?I can't imagine a "bigger gift" than Christ's sacrifice on the cross for our sins?

Franklin

Dec 28, 2007
Ryan so you're saying the "revelation" of oneness is a bigger gift than salvation? PUHLEASE! The doctrine typically does not withstand satisfactorily under mild scrutiny, it has been disproven and died a thousand deaths nearly everytime it pops its head up in a variety of different time frames and cultures. How can you have confidence in something that is a mere spec or less in the history of the church? thanks Ryan for answering, if in any manner I come across strong... I dont mean to just an inquiring mind! thank you sir

ryan

Nov 27, 2007
(Franklin;28090)
Ryan so you're saying the "revelation" of oneness is a bigger gift than salvation? PUHLEASE! The doctrine typically does not withstand satisfactorily under mild scrutiny, it has been disproven and died a thousand deaths nearly everytime it pops its head up in a variety of different time frames and cultures. How can you have confidence in something that is a mere spec or less in the history of the church? thanks Ryan for answering, if in any manner I come across strong... I dont mean to just an inquiring mind! thank you sir
Knowing who your maker is mean's you know Him, and what pleases / displeases Him... with that knowledge salvation is easy. Follow His mind.

Franklin

Dec 28, 2007
(ryan;28091)
Knowing who your maker is mean's you know Him, and what pleases / displeases Him... with that knowledge salvation is easy. Follow His mind.
Right, but the intent of your post was knowing Him via "revelation" Can you explain that for me?

Nov 8, 2007
I agree with Ryan, Because you cannot Call JESUS CHRIST Son of God or Lord unless it be revealed to you by the Holy Ghost. Without the Revelation of what God has in store for us, we would be in dark ignorance. Remember he chose us, we didn't chose him. Look at the world today, you tell them Jesus Christ died for them, they won't even acknowledge that, now for us, if we have the Holy Ghost in us, then he will give us Revelation who Jesus Christ is.

dgc

Nov 27, 2007
So many great gifts how can anyone say any one is greater than the other when they are all so innertwined. The gift of God's son Jesus who came to fullfil the law. Which enables the gift of his sacrifice at calvery to wipe away man's sin and offer up redemption of an unpayable debt. Which brings the gift of salvation to anyone who excepts it. Then the gift of hope thru his resurection. Not to mention the gift of revelation of who Christ is and all that means for us. to remove any one of these great gifts would leave us in deep paril. Thank you Lord for all the gifts you have graciously given.

Franklin

Dec 28, 2007
The intent of the post, the heart of it, is what I am after. Understanding by revelation who Christ is, is wording that sound reminiscent of unitarian or oneness theologies. I guess I am trying to discern if there is some possible hidden verbiage. Care to reply Ryan or Unorthodox Christian?

ryan

Nov 27, 2007
Sure,God is One. With that knowledge comes the foundation. Which is why Peter was given the keys... he knew Jesus is God manifest in the flesh.

Franklin

Dec 28, 2007
sabbelianist?
wink.gif
Just playing, so you are a oneness adherent. You then think the Trinity is a false view of God? How do you deal with much of the textual evidence in the bible, and account for the fact that nearly every theologian, revival, and move of God was in the Trinity camps? Just curious

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
I John 5:7 - For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.I prefer not to say trinity, as it is not in the bible. I rather use Godhead. The best way for me to desribe this is...God plays all three roles. Not like three seperated persons/spirits...The Father came as Son of God. And He is the Holy Ghost. He is everywhere.The way like we are... we are born as a son. when humans get married, they become a father when the child is born.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

Nov 8, 2007
Also Take Note that Jesus Christ was the Living word of God, and THE WORD OF GOD WAS MADE FLESH JOHN 1:14 KEY WORD, MADE! God's Word Manifested in Flesh, and the Spirit of God dwelling in the Vessel of his Word manifested. As the Word was Made in the Likeness of Men! Jesus Christ was a human thus becoming Son of God, with the Spirit of th e Father! He was Also God too. Dualistic Natures, One Spirit, not the Literal Son of God.