The Resurrection is Past?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.

I always wondered about how someone could possibly claim the bodily resurrection is past? Did they think their present bodies were now resurrected? Their bodies were now immortal?

Of course how it overthrows the faith is simple: if we are now Superman or Thor on earth, then we can do whatever we want, And even though we will of course want to do good and save the world, we can still get drunk like Thor, no problem. Being immortal in soul and body has it's privileges.

But that is now how they do it: they teach that the physical body is dead with sin, and so shall never be resurrected, but instead they are spiritually and bodily resurrected away into the heavenlies: they have been spirited away from their old sinful bodies to the heavenly kingdom of the unjudged.

They have been resurrected, while their bodies of sin are 'left behind': Liberal Valhalla.

It's the spiritualized version of the JW's 'Hope of Adam': The can have their way their way sinning in the flesh, while they themselves live on forever.

They can enjoy their pleasures of sin in the flesh unto the end, and then be freed to go on to perfection of resurrected Supermen and Thors doing whatsoever they think best, by faith.

Here is how their own OSAS guru puts it:

1. The physical mortal body is born with sin nature: and so the natural man and the body of sin is the mortal body of flesh. (False)

2. Once the soul is born again, then that old physical body of sin becomes the old man of sin. (False)

3. The soul is spiritually resurrected from the death of sins and trespassing by the Spirit of God in Christ Jesus: we are resurrected spiritually within by receiving Him. (True)

4. Since the physical body is now the old man of sin, then that old mortal body of sin cannot possibly be the resurrected spiritual and immortal body in the first resurrection of the blessed. (False of two counts)

5. Being born again, we now sit in heavenly places in Christ Jesus. (True)

6. Since it is not the old physical mortal body that is resurrected into immortality, then we have already recieved our new spiritual bodies in the likeness of Christ's resurrected body.

FALSE.

This is the teaching that the first resurrection of the blessed, both spiritual and bodily, has already occurred for them born again, even for them whose old mortal bodies remain on earth.

They sit in heavenly places with resurrected souls and spiritual bodies, just waiting for their old bodies of sin on earth to also die.

And like Superman and Thor, they cannot die in soul nor body: their souls have been separated from their old sinful bodies, and so also from the judgment of sinning: All judgement for sinning is now only upon the poor old hapless sinful physical body.

And so, it is no longer I, my resurrected soul and body, that sinneth, but only my old physical corrupt flesh that sins, while Christ still liveth within me, that is my resurrected soul and body in heavenly place.

The new real me is no longer doing the sinning with the body, but that old body of sin is going on sinning without me: like on autopilot all it's own.

Cute.

It's no longer my body and soul sinning on earth, but now only my body without my soul's consent: In my new spiritually resurrected mind and body, I serve God, but that old sinful body still just keeps on serving the devil.

It's no longer the soul which sinneth, and shall die, but now by grace and faith alone, it's only my body that sinneth, and it shall certainly die someday.

And I really wish it would hurry up and die already.

Yes, this is the strong delusion of them in their last days with God, and they seriously need to repent of sinning with their bodies, and stop blaming it on their bodies.

Last edited: