The right way to suffer.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kidron

Jun 27, 2012
In the life of a born again believer, there can be times, seasons, where we have difficulties.
However, as Jesus came and died to give us life and that more abundantly, (John 10:10) then he is completely against himself and his kingdom becomes divided against itself if he turns right around and takes your money and your health after he saves you.
Now get that.
So, "hard times" caused by God/Christ, and "life more abundantly" given by God/Christ, arenever going to match up.

Listen....the "hard times" a Christian is supposed to endure have only to do with being persecuted for the sake of righteousness.
I'll say it again.
The "hard times" a Christian is supposed to endure have only to do with being persecuted for righteousness sake.
WE are supposed to suffer for our FAITH, IF there is going to be any real suffering we have to do.
Now, understand this principle...^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV VVVVV
>>>>>Persecution because of your faith is tribulation.<<<<<<
Destruction, (sickness and poverty) is Satanic and is not NOT tribulation.
Persecution, comes in the form of tribulation because the same world system that crucified your Lord, also hates you to death .
Destruction, is Satanic,.. is not tribulation......destruction is the wiles of the devil, its John 10:10 ...its the force of death and misery coming against your money, and your health, and your happiness.
Do not confuse Satanic destruction with tribulation that you will experience if you serve the Gospel to the world.
If you do, you will think that God and Satan are the same regarding what happens to you in life.
Learn to Discern the difference between being persecuted for your faith and being attacked in your person by the devil.

Child of God,...its your devoted and ever constant enemy the devil who brings into your personal life destruction in any area he can deliver it....stealing Money, ruining health, divorce, whatever.
Or, it is by the very mouths of God's redeemed, speaking negative faith, that brings the curses and intense life difficulties.
Do you speak negative faith?
Do you speak words against your own prosperity, health, or circumstance in life?
Dont do that.

Saint, it is Father God who restores and its the devil who destroys (in the life of a believer).
Do not confuse this.
There is no, "well sometimes the devil is a good guy you can trust and sometimes Jesus gives you cancer to test your faith".
Listen.....God will test your faithful HEART, but he is not going to make you sick to do it.
God will test your obedience, but he does not test this by giving you Muscular Dystrophy and then sit by for a decade watching how well you adjust to being in a wheelchair drooling and unable to even wash your body with soap.

Some Christians read were Paul suffered and decide that they are supposed to be stoned and beaten and shipwrecked as well.
They just substitute "poverty and sickness" for "shipwrecked and stoned".
So, they LOOK for some type of hardship and once they find it, they say..."well, God gave me this to make me better, deeper, stronger".
And the reality is, that God is sitting there wondering what is up with this believer, whom he gave his SON for, so that this believer can do something for God .
How incredibly blind and wrong and backwards and off the mark is the child of God, whom God died to forgive,..who is only interested in playing self made martyr games with themselves and wastes years in this mental cage instead of ever winning a soul, ever growing up in Christ, or ever even learning the basic fundamentals of the faith.

Saint, God didnt save you to then make you sick and broke,.. he saved you so that you can get out there beyond the church walls and do his WILL and bring some souls into the family.
He saved you so that this world, through Christ in you, can have a last chance at redemption.
He saved you because he loves you so much that he died for you to prove it.
Now its your turn to love him back, and you love him back best when you are doing his will using the very authority of Jesus Christ that he has given you to execute on his behalf every day of your life.

Dont you realize that you are a lost soul collector?
Your job, your calling, your ministry, is to collect the lost for the sake of the Cross.
Your main purpose to now exist redeemed before God is to bring the lost to the Blood of Jesus and get them washed in it.
Understand?
Thats job 1.
Nothing else in your personal life even rates against this, and you were restored and Spiritually recreated in Christ's image to do this very thing.
Thats Job 1.
Never forget this.

K

Reactions: Shirley

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
The right way to suffer???

Why it's smoking Tribbles and drinking Romulan Ale, of course. ;)

suffering.jpg

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Life is full of suffering - whether you are a believer or not. Jesus is simply telling us that becoming His follower will not save you from human suffering, but rather, give it purpose.

The Early Church really emphasized suffering too much - when Christianity was legalized, hermits went out into the desert to suffer and monastics inflicted pain on themselves thinking it would mortify their flesh and even atone for their sins. Way, way overboard.

Everyone suffers in life - even people who look like they have it made often suffer from a hangnail as much as another less fortunate person suffers from a serious tragedy. Sanctification is what Christ teaches and uses to transform us - suffering become an obstacle course for us to love through.

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
kidron you seem to understand the word better grasp on the word then most i have known.but i just want to clerify one point.

it is tribulation. all you need to do is look up the definition of tribulation. i think you meant to say destruction, (sickness and poverty) is Satanic and is not NOT persecution.
God bless

Kidron

Jun 27, 2012
Life is full of suffering -

Yes, no one gets out of here alive.
Every life will have its share of thorns in the flesh.

However, the context of my Thread is "the right way to suffer" if you are a Christian.
This is a bit different then just "suffering in life because to live is to struggle", etc.

For a Christian there is a wrong way to suffer.
Thats the point of my Thread.
The wrong way to suffer is to attribute to the Lord or to God the works of the Devil in your life, and cling to them as if they are making you a better Christian.
This is one of the finest tricks of the Devil in the life of a Believer..........which is to get you thinking that ALL suffering is from God and its there to ither test you or to teach you.
And what happens when you buy this lie, is that you end up spending years of your life wallowing in the Devil's plan, while all that time you could have been doing something for God instead.
So, that ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ is the wrong way to suffer.

Now, the right way to suffer as a believer, (other then the day to day grind of living life)..... is to find yourself in persecution BECAUSE of the work you are doing according to the will of God.
"Persecution" for the sake of the gospel, for the sake of the Cross, IS the RIGHT WAY TO SUFFER, if you are a believer...

K

kidron you seem to understand the word better grasp on the word then most i have known.but i just want to clerify one point.

it is tribulation. all you need to do is look up the definition of tribulation. i think you meant to say destruction, (sickness and poverty) is Satanic and is not NOT persecution.
God bless

Hi, 7 Angels, I enjoyed your comment.

Consider that im speaking, in this Thread, not to you, but rather to a multitude of Christians who have read "Job", and who have read about "Paul's satanic thorn in the flesh", and have read "you will have tribulation in this world",., and have concluded that these verses are the only verses in the bible that matter.
They read those scriptures and then conclude that God has mandated all of us to be sick, poor, struggling, and worse, and that THIS is = spiritual growth.
So, for these types i wrote this Thread, and the reason i said "trib is not sickness, is because THEY will always take sickness and poverty as their idea of the" tribulation" will of God for a Christian, and cannot realize or discern between what the Devil does in their life/mind and what Jesus does in their life/mind.
They are unable to realize that "as CHRIST is, so are we in this world".....and that is to say that as no Sickness was a part of the personal life of Christ, then as we are in him and he is in us, we are to have the same freedom from certain issues that he also maintained.

The bible says we are dead, and our life is hidden in Christ.
We are ONE with him and God, and because of this, the devil has no authority over Christ the risen, and has no authority over us as we are also risen IN CHRIST, according to Romans 6:4.5,8 and Ephesians 2:6 .

When Paul says that it is no longer he that is sinning, but its sin that is sinning in him,.....Romans 7:17...........When he says that is it not he that lives anymore but Christ that lives in him....Galatians 2:20, because HE is crucified, then Paul is showing you your REAL IDENTITY in Christ., and therefore the devil has no more authority over you to make you sick or to cause his plan to become active in your life.
See, before you are saved, you are the Devil's property, his child, with his nature, and Jesus redeems you from all this by his blood from this "father" unto HIS Father, and when that happens, your status as "under the dominion of the Devil" has completely been destroyed.
Its OVER.
The problem is, this simple revelation ^^^^^^ that should be Bible 101A, is missing in the doctrine of most believer's theology, and that is why they, a lot of them think, that sickness and poverty, which are the fruit and ministry of the Devil, applies to them after they are saved.
They dont realize that the Devil's kingdom system, of which they were a family member, ......they dont realize they have been delivered from it, and translated from it into another KINGDOM, which is the Kingdom of God ...and this Kingdom has no sickness or poverty in it.
And because they are not being shown this, taught this,... they mentally and by lack of faith function as if they are still under the law, as well as bound by and under the dominion of the same corrupted devil controlled life as before they were saved.
And the fruit of this confusion is that the Devil is able to send them all types of hell on earth, and they will accept it because they think God is sending it to them to test them or to grow them spiritually.
They will get cancer, and think......"well, i wonder what i did to deserve this"......."must be the will of God".
They will find themselves with a family member who is near death and they will say...."well, God controls it all so, whatever happens must be his will".
And of course the Devil is just so pleased that he is able to do what he wants in the lives of most Christians and this is because they have this false idea that everything that comes their way is a trial of their faith, they are just supposed to roll with it, accept it as "god's will", and hope for a good ending.
Very sad.

K

neophyte

Apr 25, 2012
Take a look at Jesus’ own life as well as the lives of his earliest followers. When we do, it becomes clear that they did not live such pampered lives themselves
Jesus said, "Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man has nowhere to lay his head" (Mt 8:20)
Peter said, "I have no silver and gold" (Acts 3:6).

Paul wrote, "To the present hour we hunger and thirst, we are ill-clad and buffeted and homeless" (1 Cor 4:11).And "if we have food and clothing, with these we shall be content" (1 Tm 6:8).

These hardly sound like wealthy individuals! And consider that Paul wrote to the Galatians, "it was because of a bodily ailment that I preached the gospel to you at first" (Gal 4:13), and to Timothy, "use a little wine for the sake of your stomach and your frequent ailments" (1 Tm 5:23). Do these sound like men who enjoyed perfect health?
In fact, Scripture paints a very different picture about what Christians should expect. Rather than prosperous earthly lives such as that which the first-century Jews were expecting from the Messiah, Jesus’ promises are for the eternal lives that "no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man conceived, [which] God has prepared for those who love him" (1 Cor 2:9).
Jesus taught,

Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust consume and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven . . . do not be anxious about your life, what you shall eat or what you shall drink, nor about your body, what you shall put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? (Mt 6:19-20; 25)
John wrote,

Do not love the world or the things in the world. If any one loves the world, love for the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the pride of life, is not of the Father but is of the world. And the world passes away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides for ever. (1 Jn 2:15-17)
And Paul taught similarly,

There is great gain in godliness with contentment; for we brought nothing into the world, and we cannot take anything out of the world . . . those who desire to be rich fall into temptation, into a snare, into many senseless and hurtful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is the root of all evils. . . (1 Tm 6:6-10)
Clearly, Christians should not expect the treasures of unfailing health and fabulous wealth in this life. That is not to say that a faithful Christian cannot be graced with such blessings—indeed, some are. But we should not expect it. Jesus did not promise such blessings in this life, and we are not owed them.

When faced with difficulties, we may ask God to remove them from our lives, but we should never presume that he will. In fact, it is quite possible that he will allow us to continue to suffer so that good may come from it. St. Paul recognized this when he wrote of a difficulty he faced in his own life: [ 2nd Cor. 12:7-10 }