The Righte Prayer Partner

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(6) I went to Fuller Seminary in Pasadena for a year before transferring to Princeton. One day, Howard invited me to join about 20 other young seminarians to visit a 91-year-old woman named Mrs. Good. Apparently these athletic young guys loved to visit her and had done so at other times. Curious, I joined them and immediately experienced a powerful sense of God's presence around this saintly old woman. I think the other guys felt it too and that's why they kept coming back.

In the late 1940s Mrs. Good was invited to hear a young evangelist in a Methodist church. She was unimpressed by his sermon. But as she drove home, she sensed God speaking to her, asking, “Well, what did you think of him?” She expressed her displeasure, but was then shocked by God's response:

“That's too bad because I plan to use him to win more people to Christ than any man in history—and I'm calling you to devote long hours of regular intercession to pray for my blessing on his ministry.”

Shortly thereafter, he began a long tent crusade in LA at which a famous country western singer and a mobster were saved and these conversions were reported in the LA Times. Newspaper baron, William Randolph Hurst ordered his papers to “pump Graham!” From that time on, Billy Graham was able to regularly attract 100,000 or more to his crusades. Billy exploded on the scene shortly after Mrs. Good began her prolonged prayer vigils on his behalf! When Billy learned that he had a godly prayer warrior-intercessor, he invited her to sit on the platform with him.

As Mrs. Good shared her testimony to me and the other newbies in this group, we all sensed the sweet presence of God around her, as if here regular prayer vigils had changed the atmosphere of her little house. We laughed as she pointed her bony finger at us and scolded us: “I know you young men; you think nothing of staying up with your sweetheart until 2 in the morning, but do you spend the same quality time with the Lord? No way!” We smiled wickedly at each other as she discerningly zinged us!

P. S. Some of you might be interested to know that one of my fellow freshman seminarians was famed Baptist preacher and author, John Piper.