The rosary disabused me of a serious addiction

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

hatedbyall

Mar 12, 2016
years ago when i was young and clueless, i became addicted to the worst thing u can be addicted to: a lawless human

too bad we have a president who fits that descritpion

and soon to have another one?? (DT)

sigh. Does America ever learn? but at least 65% (in some geographical areas it has been over 80%) of Americans do not want the lawless one. They want Cruz.

in any case, i digress

so i was addicted to this psychopath (no exaggeration w/ that term). I tried everything to break the addiction. The rosary is what worked. In fact, it kinda worked all too well, b/c the psycho didn't like the fact i wasn't addicted anymore (knew right away i wasn't), and things got... bizarre.. uncomfortable. But whatever. You have to trust in Jesus, pick up your cross and follow

B)

iakov

Jan 17, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hatedbyall said:
years ago when i was young and clueless, i became addicted to the worst thing u can be addicted to: a lawless human

sigh. Does America ever learn? but at least 65% (in some geographical areas it has been over 80%) of Americans do not want the lawless one. They want Cruz.

in any case, i digress

so i was addicted to this psychopath (no exaggeration w/ that term). I tried everything to break the addiction. The rosary is what worked. In fact, it kinda worked all too well, b/c the psycho didn't like the fact i wasn't addicted anymore (knew right away i wasn't), and things got... bizarre.. uncomfortable. But whatever. You have to trust in Jesus, pick up your cross and follow

B)
Thanks for that testimony.

jim

seantgreen

Jul 15, 2017
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

in any case, i digress

B)

I've found bible verses also powerful tool in fighting addiction

This site has some good ones - 5 Verses From The Bible That Help In Recovery - The Gooden Center

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I went to a bible church with my rosary and saying it in my mind....... It felt good......
The next time I just went and listened and sure am glad I did not say the rosary !!!!!!!!!! I was not saved all those years
Till the teacher spoke words from the bible that I never really had heard ! From the Catholic Church......

Reactions: pastor marty

pastor marty

Aug 19, 2017
Battle Creek,Michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
traded my syringe & silver spoon 4 a star o'David & a cross 30 yrs.ago.Self-preservation gene finally kicked in or minor-miracle: yer call !!******<m>******:cool: