The Screwtape Letters

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone ever read this book by CS Lewis? A friend of mine said it was worth the read and that it was entertaining. I've been wanting to read some of CS Lewis's stuff other than his Narnia books.

gibby

Apr 4, 2006
The Screwtape Letters is a must read! It is fairly short and the chapters go quickly. I wouldn't say entertaining, however. It is most certainly eye-opening. It is about 2 demons, one is Screwtape writing letters to his nephew, Wormwood. Screwtape, in these letters, gives Wormwood advice on how to keep people from Christ and follow Satan. Screwtape refers to the person (I can't remember if it is the same person throughout the book) as "the patient". Here's one of the Letters

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Started reading this the other night and I must say I absolutely love it! It's a great book and it puts a lot of things in perspective about what you do yourself and the nature of spiritual warfare. Eye-opening is certainly and apt term for the book - I like how in the additional notes in the book (aside from the preface) Lewis gives and excellent explanation about how demonic spirits work.

gartrout

Jun 14, 2006
I've read it, or at least a large part of it. Good synopsis gibby! It's a good read and would work well for a discussion group I think!