The Second Death

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By Jesus' saying in this scripture.....

Like 16:19-31
There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:
20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,
21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.
22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.
27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:
28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.
29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

The beggar and the rich man BOTH recognized one another across the gulf !

Reactions: Davy

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Christ was speaking to His disciples, Jesus said:

Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go that I may awake him out of sleep. Then said his disciples, if he sleep he shall do well. Howbeit, Jesus spoke of his death; but they thought that he had spoken of taking of rest in sleep. Then said Jesus unto them plainly, Lazarus is dead. John 11:11-14 King James Version (KJV)

The disciples were confused and thought Christ meant natural sleep, but He meant the sleep of death.
On His arrival Jesus found that Lazarus had already been four days in the tomb. John 11:17 King James Version (KJV)

While conversing with Martha, He tried to comfort her by saying,
'Thy brother shall rise again.' Martha saith unto him, 'I know that He shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.' John 11:23,24 King James Version (KJV)

Martha knew that life would be restored to Lazarus only in the resurrection at the last day. Jesus demonstrated through the resurrection of Lazarus that He was the One who could resurrect the dead according to His claim:

John 11:25 King James Version (KJV)
I am the resurrection and the life.

So how was Lazarus resurrected, as a spirit or 'spirit body', of course not, he was brought up as flesh and blood the same as he went down to the grave, and so we who have died will be resurrected at the end.

That event happened as a 'miracle' to point... to the idea of life after death, not any such idea of the resurrection being to a new flesh body. Same thing happened with Elijah and the child that had died per 1 Kings 17. So we can't say that actually negates the Hebrews 9:27 Scripture either.

Lord Jesus actually revealed in Luke 16 with the poor beggar Lazarus and the rich man what happens at death of our flesh body. We do not literally 'sleep', which 'asleep' is actually just a metaphor to show life after death.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 13:12
12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known .

There are several indications in Scripture that we will maintain our identity in heaven and, thus, be recognizable to our loved ones and they to us. For example, Jesus makes it a point in Matthew 22:31-32 that Abraham, Isaac and Jacob were alive and existing as individuals by those names.

In Matthew 17:1-8, Peter, James and John recognized Moses and Elijah. In 1 Thessalonians 2:19-20 Paul expects to recognize in heaven the Thessalonian Christians to whom he had ministered on earth ;see a similar situation in 2 Corinthians 1:14.

We know death of the body brings decay of the body, it cannot be otherwise. In the end these vessels return to clay from whence they came.

I do believe in the resurrection of God to judgement of all, even the unbelievers, rejectors, deniers, evil, ECT, all will have a "new" body. Some to everlasting life, some to everlasting damnation; neither will be extinguished, nor be annihilated, but all will receive the everlasting of their reward!
Yes, when you see your child, or your family or friends, you will recognize them instantly, as it will be the same. The glorification means we are back to what God intended from the beginning at Creation, but now with the gift of eternal life, from the tree of life Himself, Christ who is not only the resurrection, but the Life.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 13:12
12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known .

There are several indications in Scripture that we will maintain our identity in heaven and, thus, be recognizable to our loved ones and they to us. For example, Jesus makes it a point in Matthew 22:31-32 that Abraham, Isaac and Jacob were alive and existing as individuals by those names.

In Matthew 17:1-8, Peter, James and John recognized Moses and Elijah. In 1 Thessalonians 2:19-20 Paul expects to recognize in heaven the Thessalonian Christians to whom he had ministered on earth ;see a similar situation in 2 Corinthians 1:14.

We know death of the body brings decay of the body, it cannot be otherwise. In the end these vessels return to clay from whence they came.

I do believe in the resurrection of God to judgement of all, even the unbelievers, rejectors, deniers, evil, ECT, all will have a "new" body. Some to everlasting life, some to everlasting damnation; neither will be extinguished, nor be annihilated, but all will receive the everlasting of their reward!

Still, just the fact that Apostle Paul said in 1 Corinthians 15:50 that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, that should belay any... argument promoting a fleshy resurrection or change to a 'new' flesh body at the "last trump".

One of the problem many Christian brethren have is the 'leaked' false doctrines of Jewish traditions that have crept into Christ's Church. And one of those false Old Testament traditions is that when we die, we literally sleep in the ground until the day Jesus comes for the resurrection. No matter to them that Eccl.12:5-7 reveals our 'spirit' inside our flesh is separated from flesh at death, with each going their separate ways.

My father had a medical condition when he died that caused us to have a closed casket burial. The preacher my step-mother got to say the service started preaching that my Dad's flesh was going to be raised at the future resurrection, as if my father was asleep in that casket getting ready to put in the ground, pointing to that lifeless decayed flesh. And the whole time that preacher was pushing that nonsense, I had to comfort my sister next to me, telling her to not believe that, because that false preaching by that ignorant preacher was putting wrongful ideas in her head that that crumpled decayed body in the casket was still our father.

Then I had an aunt that died, and she requested cremation, which they did. I was asked to say a few words. And my cousins asked their preacher to says a few words. That ignorant preacher did the same Biblically illiterate preaching about flesh being raised at the resurrection, all the while standing right next to my aunt's urn of ashes!!! But what I covered there was Ecclesiastes 12:5-7 about the "silver cord" when it is severed, then the flesh goes back to the earth where it came from, but the 'spirit' goes back to God Who gave it. I showed that that urn of ashes was NO LONGER my aunt! And per her husband, that is how my aunt actually believed, which I didn't know it at the time.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
2. the saints resurrected on the day of Christ's crucifixion were raised to the "spiritual body", NOT new flesh bodies.

Jesus's body , resurrected.

The born again, will get one like that one.

It wont have any blood in it.
It wont be affected by gravity.
You wont need sleep.
You'll never get sick, tired, or old.
You will be able to fly, and will not be affected by time.

Notice that God sends Angels here?
They are here instantly.
"Go"... " = 'Here".
Our bodies will be able to do that, also..

Its going to be great.
You dont want to miss it.

Jesus said..>>"you must be born again".......and He's not talking about water baptism.

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus's body , resurrected.

The born again, will get one like that one.

It wont have any blood in it.
It wont be affected by gravity.
You wont need sleep.
You'll never get sick, tired, or old.
You will be able to fly, and will not be affected by time.

Notice that God sends Angels here?
They are here instantly.
"Go"... " = 'Here".
Our bodies will be able to do that, also..

Its going to be great.
You dont want to miss it.

Jesus said..>>"you must be born again".......and He's not talking about water baptism.

Apostle Paul in 1 Corinthians 15 explained the TYPE of body that the resurrection is. He said it is a "spiritual body".

So what KIND of body is a "spiritual body"?

Paul also used the term "image of the heavenly" for that "spiritual body".

And in 2 Corinthians 5, Paul revealed that we ALREADY HAVE that "spiritual body" inside our flesh TODAY!

Those born in the flesh have 3 Parts:
1. flesh body shell
2. spiritual body (our spirit part)
3. soul (our person)

The "spiritual body" is the body TYPE of the Heavenly dimension. And this about the physics of the Heavenly dimension.

That "spiritual body" can appear and live upon this earth, because that is the type body the angels have. So when Jesus said those of the resurrection are as the angels of God in Heaven, He was not... speaking philosophically, but literally.