the selfsame day in the AKJV

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
https://www.facebook.com/jack.mcelroy1?fref=nf&__tn__=%2Cdm*F-R&eid=ARBeQkVEtDYH2lHt7R7cXE4aRGUa6gG8guOqlGEazDGpuFXNsLr31_s8ngFJDTK9CiDwI9MRlQgvok9A
Christiaan Gerhardus Ebersöhn
One unnoticed but significant contribution the AKJV made to truthful translation of Scripture and is an improvement on the LXX even, exists in its rendering with "the selfsame day" of the phrase 'etsem yom' in sixteen plus occurrences in the OT (with one meaningful exception in the 3 instances in Leviticus 23:28,29,30).

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
https://www.facebook.com/jack.mcelroy1?fref=nf&__tn__=%2Cdm*F-R&eid=ARBeQkVEtDYH2lHt7R7cXE4aRGUa6gG8guOqlGEazDGpuFXNsLr31_s8ngFJDTK9CiDwI9MRlQgvok9A
Christiaan Gerhardus Ebersöhn
One unnoticed but significant contribution the AKJV made to truthful translation of Scripture and is an improvement on the LXX even, exists in its rendering with "the selfsame day" of the phrase 'etsem yom' in sixteen plus occurrences in the OT (with one meaningful exception in the 3 instances in Leviticus 23:28,29,30).

Please explain the significance of this amendment. How does it affect our understanding of the process of salvation?

Reactions: bbyrd009

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I found your 'request' nothing but sarcasm. I am not here to make myself the object of anybody's ridicule or contempt.

Sorry you think that.
I see no vital distintion in the words you claim are vital. If you will not explain ok.
It convinces me that there nothing of importance in that distintion.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Please explain the significance of this amendment. How does it affect our understanding of the process of salvation?

There's no 'amendment' nowhere in what I wrote. There are 'distinctions' made, but who knows which one may "'affect our understanding of the process of salvation'".

Salvation in any case should not be 'affected' although unfortunately it mostly is.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Two negations, two rejections, two shows of soul's contempt, the one trying to outdo the other on covertness and subtlety.

Neither bluff me. I return the contempt, but fearless and openly.
did I miss something?
I found your 'request' nothing but sarcasm. I am not here to make myself the object of anybody's ridicule or contempt.
man, I had the same q ok, sincerely

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
There's no 'amendment' nowhere in what I wrote. There are 'distinctions' made, but who knows which one may "'affect our understanding of the process of salvation'".

Salvation in any case should not be 'affected' although unfortunately it mostly is.
well, you didn't give a lot to go on wadr, I'm not seeing a material diff in "that selfsame day" and "that day" myself? Maybe a bit redundantly clarified? Not a bad thing iow, but?

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha I don't get why read many Bibles when you can read One Bible
Genesis 1:1 Interlinear: In the beginning of God's preparing the heavens and the earth --
though I often ref the cheater myself,
Genesis 1:1 Lexicon: In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

why let scribes in the middle imo

The answer is without the original autographs there's always scribes in the middle.

If you have the original autographs then you would have translators in the middle.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The answer is without the original autographs there's always scribes in the middle.

If you have the original autographs then you would have translators in the middle.
well sure, but imo you can't really deny that you get a much improved exposure, "square" is immediately seen to "Tetragram" etc, or at least "not square," and you now have the orig and the means to come to a more accurate xlation?