The severe ultimatum….

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 2:4 (NASB20)
The one who says, “I have come to know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him;

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Scripture puts forth a rather severe ultimatum with this truth; ‘if one does not, one does not’…. For regardless of what one says, or claims about oneself, if one does not, one does not….

Truth puts forth such a severe ultimatum because of this simple truth; God lives in righteousness, and can only reveal Himself to those willing to live where He lives…. There is no getting around this truth, if one would know God one must be willing to live in righteousness…. For only to the degree that one does to that degree can God reveal Himself….. One might know all scripture, be able to dissect the definition of words, be a great orator, be a great articulate-er of the letter of scripture, but scripture itself puts forth a whole different criteria, that criteria being, one needs to walk in righteousness if one is to know Him…. For knowing about God and knowing God being two totally different things, each being proved by the fruit that is brought forth….

One being that which elevates self, the other being that which elevates Christ….. For in the doing of righteousness Christ is elevated, therefore as scripture says by the doing of righteousness will He be known….

How then is one to live if one would know Him…?

Scripture puts forth the only way;

That being the way of faith, trusting Christ to live His life of righteousness in and through one….

Blessings as we know Him, by He, living our lives, Not me