The simpleness of the Gospel.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So many things have been complicated by men in the world of Christianity, but it doesn't need to be, the Gospel is simple, the simpleness of the Gospel, is Jesus crucified and resurrected, and everything to do with the Gospel is linked around that and that should be the main focal point of the Christian walk, it's not the rituals, it's not the schedules, but it's Jesus and what he did for us on that cross, what he did for us when he resurrected, what he did for us when he ascended to Heaven and gave us the Holy Spirit, but it's all about Jesus and that is how simple it is, it doesn't need to be complicated, even when you read the Old Testament you can see how things symbolize what was done in the New Testament. In the Old Testament God created the heavens, earth and every living thing on it, in the New Testament Jesus died for us that we may become a new creation in Jesus, in the Old Testament it was the literal cutting away of the flesh, in the New Testament is was a spiritual cutting away of the flesh, again by Jesus dying on the cross, shedding blood for our sins, and us believing in him, that we may be made righteous through Jesus's blood, in the Old Testament it was sacrificing animals for redemption, in the New Testament it was Jesus giving himself as an ultimate sacrifice on the cross for every human being who believes in the Son of God, the Living Word, Jesus, that our sins may be washed away, in the Old Testament Moses strikes a rock and water comes out from it, in the New Testament again Jesus is struck, he is pierced in the side on the cross and water and blood comes rushing out. And that's the simpleness of the word of God, it's about Jesus, it's the display of his greatness, the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, that has the power to save, the power to heal, the power to deliver, the power to resurrect, the power of life over death, the power, THE POWER!, the wonder working power of the Lamb of God, Jesus.

So i encourage you all to keep it simple, keep it about Jesus, when believers start putting denominations, rituals, systems and structures first, that's when it gets all religious, but we aren't meant to be all flesh works, we are meant to put Jesus first and keep our foundation in Jesus, keep our faith about Jesus, and that's how to be a lively Christian, through Jesus and Jesus only and you may still have struggles in life, but instead of living like you have being defeated, you will be living VICTORIOUSLY! through Jesus Christ, and the Devil might try to throw everything your way, but no matter what, if your faith is firm in Jesus, if it's rooted deeply in Jesus, you will live victoriously through life's struggles, it doesn't mean you will succeed all the time, but no matter the outcome, you will overcome struggle with the peace and joy of God, you will overcome any situation with Jesus, no matter the outcome, through Jesus, you will handle it well.

The message of Jesus in Christianity is so important, it's simple, it doesn't need to be complicated, do not bury the simple message of The Living Word under a mountain of Philosophy, do not lose sight of Jesus, he is our foundation, he is our Rock, we need him every second, we need him every minute, we need him every hour, every day, every year, he is our greatest friend, he is our helper and comforter, he is our shield, he gives us strength, we need him all the time, in every situation.

I hope this helps others in life's journey.
Jesus Loves You All, Hallelujah, Praise be to Jesus.

:)

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
the Gospel is simple, the simpleness of the Gospel, is Jesus crucified and resurrected, and everything to do with the Gospel is linked around that
Yes the gospel can be presented to little children in very simple ways.
But,
As Wesley put it, 'Our God contracted to a span, incomprehessably made man.'

Christianity is not simple, it involves the complexity of Almighty God, in all his Holiness, dealing with man's sin and we are not simple.
Then browse this forum and look at all the disputes about minor and major aspects of Christianity
The gospel is simple! Only if it is only looked at simply.

Ever tried to talk to an atheist about a simple gospel? How did he react/respond.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I kept it about Jesus or even about the Bible..to an atheist...what I have gotten
sometimes with intensity, often with calm logic presented...'Thats why i dont
believe in any God from the Bible...no way would a Father do that to his son, period."

So, since I just am happy all the time..if they want to know why, I would say because
I have Practiced the Presence for decades...the Presence of the Divine all
around us and in us.
One mention of Jesus or the Bible and they are off on their debating and concepts of how to attack a Christian...not my cup of tea...I don't debate God.

So being happy and just "me" is very very simple.

But, the op is very nice... keep things simple...I find my Father to be very clear,
one pointed and, thus, simple.

Reactions: Josho and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Miss Hepburn
I liked that...very good post. I agree... When speaking to the unsaved I don't "speak bible".. I share everyday things, and then wait for questions...or wait for some 'need' in their life which can be spoken to.

Reactions: Josho