The so-called "gods" are demons

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is only one true God, 1 Corinthians 8:

4 Therefore, as to the eating of food offered to idols, we know that “an idol has no real existence,” and that “there is no God [Θεὸς G2316] but one.” 5For although there may be so-called gods in heaven or on earth—as indeed there are many “gods” [G2316] and many “lords”— 6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist.
Other so-called "gods" are demons, 1 Corinthians 10:

19 What do I imply then? That food offered to idols is anything, or that an idol is anything? 20 No, I imply that what pagans sacrifice they offer to demons and not to God. I do not want you to be participants with demons.
Demons are angelic beings who rebel against the one true God.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
So, does eating halal count as eating food sacrificed to idols? Because when killing with the halal method a Muslim will face mecca and kill the animal in the name of Allah by slitting it's throat.

And we know that Allah is not the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob.

Reactions: TonyChanYT

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Good question. When I worked in Saudi Arabia, the question never crossed my mind. I just bought, cooked, and ate. Even if halal counted as food sacrificed to idols, I would have eaten it anyway and thanked my God for it :)

See also Do Buddhists, Muslims, and Christians worship the same God?
I'm of the belief that Mohamed was inspired by the devil, not Gabriel as claimed. And the devil created a religion that glorifies himself. The symbol of Islam is of the morning star. A symbol adopted from the pagan religion in Mecca at the time.

But the devil isn't a demon, so...

Reactions: Prisca and Starise

Starise

Dec 8, 2023
Christiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep I agree. It's the only other entities capable of pulling it off well enough to have people believing they are gods.
Move over ancient aliens.

Prisca

Apr 7, 2024
Riyadh
Faith
Christian
Country
Saudi Arabia
I'm of the belief that Mohamed was inspired by the devil, not Gabriel as claimed. And the devil created a religion that glorifies himself. The symbol of Islam is of the morning star. A symbol adopted from the pagan religion in Mecca at the time.

But the devil isn't a demon, so...
Exactly . Finally, I see someone really saying it as is.