The sojourn of the saint: Partakers of Christ's suffering.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture: 1 Peter 4:12-16

A saints journey will eventually lead us to, and through the fiery trial (1 Peter 4:12), this trial is a time of refining and character building that sanctifies the motives if the heart of the believer. It exposes all our selfish ambitions and sins of the flesh, and the pride of life, as we suffer as Christ suffered. We Thus become partakers in Christ suffering.

The Word "partakers" in 1 Peter 4:13 is koinōneō Which means to share with, have fellowship with. It is through our suffering and cross carrying that we truly learn to Know the suffering he went through on our behalf, this is not a head knowledge or even an emotional feeling (Sympathy) but a empathy for the cross that Christ carried on our behalf.

Until a believer is led to and through the fiery trial they will never truly empathize with the cross and the burden Christ Jesus carried for us. They will never know the true depth of meaning of the "sacred head now wounded". Attributed to Saint Bernard's Poem speaks of the wounds of Christ.

1. O sacred Head, now wounded, with grief and shame weighed down,
    Now scornfully surrounded with thorns, Thine only crown;
    O sacred Head, what glory, what bliss till now was Thine!
    Yet, though despised and gory, I joy to call Thee mine.
  2. What Thou, my Lord, hast suffered, was all for sinners’ gain;
    Mine, mine was the transgression, but Thine the deadly pain.
    Lo, here I fall, my Savior! ’Tis I deserve Thy place;
    Look on me with Thy favor, vouchsafe to me Thy grace.
  3. What language shall I borrow to thank Thee, dearest friend,
    For this Thy dying sorrow, Thy pity without end?
    O make me Thine forever, and should I fainting be,
    Lord, let me never, never outlive my love to Thee.
  4. Be Thou my consolation, my shield when I must die;
    Remind me of Thy passion when my last hour draws nigh.
    Mine eyes shall then behold Thee, upon Thy cross shall dwell,
    My heart by faith enfolds Thee. Who dieth thus dies well.
O Sacred Head, Now Wounded > Lyrics | Bernard of Clairvaux (timelesstruths.org)

Have you been through the fiery trial? Please share this for those who are entering therein, and are unsure what is happening. Show them the Joy and glory that awaits for the patient endurance of the saints.