The Son of God and our sin nature … Awesome!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

John Zain

Newbie trainee
Sep 16, 2010
San Diego, CA
Christians believe the Word (the Logos) is the Second Person of the Triune Godhead,
and that it was this Logos who came to earth and became flesh (Jesus Christ).
“… the Word was God … and the Word became flesh and dwelt among us” (John 1:1-14).
“God was manifested in the flesh” (1 Timothy 3:16).
“That Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God” (Luke 1:35).

But, how could GOD actually be the Son of someone … even the Son of God?
This drove me crazy for a while, because I had forgotten some of this …

Matthew 1:18-23
“… After His mother Mary was betrothed to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with
child of the Holy Spirit
. … an angel of the Lord (Gabriel) appeared to him (Joseph) in a dream, saying,
‘… that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit.’ … Behold, the virgin shall be with child,
and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel, which is translated, ‘God with us’. ”

Luke 1:26-35
“… the angel Gabriel was sent by God … to a virgin betrothed to a man whose name was Joseph …
‘… And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bring forth a Son’ … Then Mary said to the angel,
‘How can this be, since I do not know a man?’ And the angel answered and said to her,
The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you;
therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God.’ ”

Several Scripture verses tell us that Jesus never sinned, that He was without sin.
This sinless human called “Jesus” actually had some so-called “parents”.
His mother was Mary, who had man's sin nature.
His “father” was the Holy Spirit (i.e. God), who did NOT have man's sin nature.
So, this is why Jesus’ name/title “Son of God” is NOT so crazy after all.
Jesus “father” really was God ... technically, He was God's Son, Jesus really WAS the Son of God.

Surely, this is the ONLY time that this has ever happened, so Jesus was God's “ONLY-begotten” Son.
This is what I believe, until someone proves me wrong.

And this is why the sin nature is carried in man's sperm, and not in anyone’s blood.
Question … Did the Holy Spirit provide sperm (or did He perform a creative miracle) in Mary’s womb?
God put curses on everyone involved with the Fall of Man: on Satan, on Adam, on Eve (and on the earth).
Question … Why didn’t God mention the tainting of the male sperm?

God’s sinless human was necessary
Scripture reveals the disasterous situation …
sin ==> spiritual death ==> separation from God ==> spiritual blindness/deafness.
Because of his sin, man is hopelessly lost and helpless to save himself.
But, God devised a plan to save mankind … and this is the very beginning of God’s grace.
A sinless human, the Son of God Himself, would die in man’s place!
God declared that this would satisfy Him.
And this is the foundation of His “new covenant” … the other part is for man to believe it.
No more animals shedding their blood … the Son of God would shed HIS blood.
The Son of God Himself would serve as the final, ultimate, and perfectly sinless sacrificial Lamb.

“The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world (in general)!” (John 1:29).
The sinless One would take the place of all of the condemned sinners.
He would be our Substitute, thus opening the door to heaven to everyone who can/will believe.

mark s

Nov 12, 2010
Hi John,

Are you saying that you believe Jesus received DNA from his mother Mary?

I'm thinking that because the Bible calls Jesus the "last Adam" that His body was wholey created by God. That Mary become pregnant with Jesus, but that His body-to-be was created and placed in her.

"You are My Son . . . Today, I have begotten You." These things are amazing, incredible truths!

But as for transmission of the sin nature, even were we to clone an ovum, I still believe the person produced would have the fallen nature.

Love in Christ,
Mark

John Zain

Newbie trainee
Sep 16, 2010
San Diego, CA
Are you saying that you believe Jesus received DNA from his mother Mary?
I'm thinking that because the Bible calls Jesus the "last Adam" that His body was wholey created by God.

That Mary become pregnant with Jesus, but that His body-to-be was created and placed in her.
"You are My Son . . . Today, I have begotten You." These things are amazing, incredible truths!
But as for transmission of the sin nature, even were we to clone an ovum,

I still believe the person produced would have the fallen nature.

Hey, Mark ...

No DNA from Mary ... I was just saying man's sin nature doesn't come through anyone's blood.
Congrats ... believe me, you're one of the few who believes in man's inherited sin nature.

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
No DNA from Mary ... I was just saying man's sin nature doesn't come through anyone's blood.

Sins are passed through the father, not the mother. I don't see a problem with Jesus having Mary's DNA. If he was the son of man, he had to have her DNA.

Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear [the guilty]; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth [generation]. Exodus 34:7

John Zain

Newbie trainee
Sep 16, 2010
San Diego, CA
Sins are passed through the father, not the mother.
I don't see a problem with Jesus having Mary's DNA.
If he was the son of man, he had to have her DNA.

I plead guilty to not knowing much at all about DNA.
I meant that I was not talking about Mary's DNA ... I was talking only about sperm, not blood.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jsus didn't die in man's place. Jesus died to buy men back...redeem them to God from the power of sin and death. He was resurrected to give men life in Him. So we need to die in Christ in order to live in Christ. That doesn't sound like Jesus dying INSTEAD of us. In fact we are to take Jesus' place in the world. Those who are alive in Christ then become the light in this world. So the ONE seed died in order to multiply into many seeds.

John Zain

Newbie trainee
Sep 16, 2010
San Diego, CA
Jesus didn't die in man's place. Jesus died to buy men back...redeem them to God from the power of sin and death.
He was resurrected to give men life in Him. So we need to die in Christ in order to live in Christ.
That doesn't sound like Jesus dying INSTEAD of us. In fact we are to take Jesus' place in the world. Those who are alive in Christ then become the light in this world. So the ONE seed died in order to multiply into many seeds.

IMO, Jesus came to do both.

He came to do for us what we could not do for ourselves.

Jesus was the perfect, sinless, sacrificial Lamb of God.
In the OT, animal BLOOD sacrifices were to ATONE for all Israel's sins.
In the NT, Jesus' BLOOD sacrifice was to ATONE for all believer's sins.

Strat

Mar 25, 2012
Sins are passed through the father, not the mother. I don't see a problem with Jesus having Mary's DNA. If he was the son of man, he had to have her DNA.

Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear [the guilty]; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth [generation]. Exodus 34:7

Feminist feel the same way,men are to blame for everything...how is it that Eve sinned first,then convinced the man to follow her and it's still his fault and her sin is his responsability..laid to his account,we are all male and female individually responsable for our sins.....sounds like you are saying men are the only ones who will be held accountable.

John Zain

Newbie trainee
Sep 16, 2010
San Diego, CA
Concerning the conception of Jesus in Mary's womb

There was an "overshadowing" by the Holy Spirit over Mary (Matt 1 & Luke 1).

But, let's think about ALL of the possible reasons for this?

Here are some to start with:
1 -- for the conception in the womb (a miracle w/o Joseph)
2 -- for Jesus' spirit(man) to be filled with God the Holy Spirit
3 -- for Jesus not having a human father with man's sin nature

After putting forth all possible reasons, maybe we can arrive at a conclusion.