The Spirit of Faith-Features

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

emekrus

Apr 18, 2015
Nigeria
Faith
Christian
Country
Nigeria
Some years back, after reading Benny Hinn’s “Good Morning Holy Spirit”, I received a very tangible and powerful anointing. The feeling of the anointing, all over my body made me think that as I preach or pray for people, they would be slain in the Spirit…

But surprisingly, as I preached and prayed for people in my public ministrations, no one was falling under the anointing. Then one day, as I was going to my business place, walking along the road, I asked God; “what is the essence of this anointing? I don’t understand, because no one is falling”.

Then, as if someone was talking to me, I heard the authoritative voice of the spirit, speak to my spirit; “This is the Anointing for Exploit”. And since then, I have been dominating in every areas of life.

On that note, we continue with the features of the spirit of faith, from where I stopped in my last thread (The Spirit of Faith).

The Spirit of Faith is a Domineering Force-Heb 11:32-33; Isaiah 45:1-The spirit of faith, enables a believer to dominate in every ventures and milieu of life. Both spiritually and physically. In other words, it turns the believer, into a man/woman of exploits. For instance, I believe that every neighborhood I find myself, I’m above all the evil forces operating in that territory. It is this particular faith that enables me to often make my boast in the Lord, that I’m above all the devilish deities and witches in my village.

The Spirit of Faith is a Restful Force- Heb 4:9-11: The spirit of faith puts the believer in a restful state of heart and mind- concerning any issue of life. It totally eradicate worries from the life of the believer. It enables the believer, to truly humble himself before the Lord, by casting all his cares on the Lord- as the word of God admonishes us in the book of 1Peter 5:6-7.

The Spirit of Faith is a Violent Force- Matthew 11:12: When the spirit of faith is in operation in the life of a believer, it enables him not to take no for an answer- concerning any issue of life. The spirit of faith enables the believer, contend earnestly for the faith that was once delivered to the saint- Jude 1:3…

With the operation of the spirit of faith, a believer can take violent action in order to overcome temptation. He will take violent actions (both spiritual and physical) to come out of a controlling power.

He will never accept any anti-covenant condition as his destiny. Just like many folks have accepted masturbation and similar ungodly vices as their destinies. For instance, with the operation of the spirit of faith in the life of a lady, who has absolute commitment to righteousness, if she is involved in an intimate relationship with a man- with the prospect of marriage, and the fiance requests for pre-marital sex, she will tell him off and even end the relationship as fast as possible, without batting an eyelid.

The Spirit of Faith is a Patient Force: - The word of God says; “He that believeth shall not make haste” (Isaiah 28:16). So the individual believer, with the spirit of faith operational in his life, never get desperate over anything he is trusting God for. Desperation is a sign of unbelief…

The person who is fully persuaded and confident that he will definitely receive what he has prayed for, patiently waits for God to perform his word. He does not easily give up on God. He is relaxed, yet tenacious. He keeps praying and pushing until the answer comes (Lk 18:1-8).

So all these among so many other supernatural features, are the attributes of the manifestation of the spirit of faith. So covet it earnestly from the Lord in the mighty name of Jesus.

Remain Blessed!

Emeke

GodcallsmeOlivia

Aug 11, 2015
Regarding people falling back (often called slain in the spirit)

There aren't any bible passages showing people falling when Jesus healed them except for demonic possession so be glad your congregation isn't falling.

"And when He came out onto the land, He was met by a man from the city who was possessed with demons; and who had not put on any clothing for a long time, and was not living in a house, but in the tombs. 28Seeing Jesus, he cried out and fell before Him, and said in a loud voice, "What business do we have with each other, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I beg You, do not torment me." 29For He had commanded the unclean spirit to come out of the man. For it had seized him many times" (Luke 8:28).

"When they came to the crowd, a man approached Jesus and knelt before him. 15“Lord, have mercy on my son,” he said. “He has seizures and is suffering greatly. He often falls into the fire or into the water. 16I brought him to your disciples, but they could not heal him.”
17“You unbelieving and perverse generation,” Jesus replied, “how long shall I stay with you? How long shall I put up with you? Bring the boy here to me.” 18Jesus rebuked the demon, and it came out of the boy, and he was healed at that moment" (Matt 17:14-18) (In this case the demon is causing the child to fall into the fire and water).

" One of the men in the crowd spoke up and said, “Teacher, I brought my son so you could heal him. He is possessed by an evil spirit that won’t let him talk. 18 And whenever this spirit seizes him, it throws him violently to the ground." (Mark 9:17-18).

Then upon Jesus healing him he lifted him up. (He didn't fall during the healing but was already on the ground because of the demon).

"Jesus took him by the hand and helped him to his feet, and he stood up" (Mark 9:27).

GodcallsmeOlivia

Aug 11, 2015
Are you saying the spirit of faith is a separate spirit from the Holy Spirit or are you saying the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Faith?

I definitely agree that the Holy Spirit gives us a restfulness, that is peace within, patience, and courage, as well as the words to speak.

Although, I don't believe the Holy Spirit gives us violence, we do get courage to stand against that which is not of God from the Holy Spirit. However, the verse you quoted (Matt 11:12) is speaking of the violence of the world, not faith producing violence in us. John the Baptist was taken prisoner and eventually beheaded for speaking the truth (which is the violence of the world Jesus speaks of in this passage).

emekrus

Apr 18, 2015
Nigeria
Faith
Christian
Country
Nigeria
GodcallsmeOlivia said:
Are you saying the spirit of faith is a separate spirit from the Holy Spirit or are you saying the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Faith?

I definitely agree that the Holy Spirit gives us a restfulness, that is peace within, patience, and courage, as well as the words to speak.

Although, I don't believe the Holy Spirit gives us violence, we do get courage to stand against that which is not of God from the Holy Spirit. However, the verse you quoted (Matt 11:12) is speaking of the violence of the world, not faith producing violence in us. John the Baptist was taken prisoner and eventually beheaded for speaking the truth (which is the violence of the world Jesus speaks of in this passage).
Well the spirit of faith, is a gift of the Holy Spirit.

Then concerning your interpretation of Matthew 11:12, if that is the way you see it, well, be it unto you according to your faith.

emekrus

Apr 18, 2015
Nigeria
Faith
Christian
Country
Nigeria
GodcallsmeOlivia said:
Regarding people falling back (often called slain in the spirit)

There aren't any bible passages showing people falling when Jesus healed them except for demonic possession so be glad your congregation isn't falling.

"And when He came out onto the land, He was met by a man from the city who was possessed with demons; and who had not put on any clothing for a long time, and was not living in a house, but in the tombs. 28Seeing Jesus, he cried out and fell before Him, and said in a loud voice, "What business do we have with each other, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I beg You, do not torment me." 29For He had commanded the unclean spirit to come out of the man. For it had seized him many times" (Luke 8:28).

"When they came to the crowd, a man approached Jesus and knelt before him. 15“Lord, have mercy on my son,” he said. “He has seizures and is suffering greatly. He often falls into the fire or into the water. 16I brought him to your disciples, but they could not heal him.”
17“You unbelieving and perverse generation,” Jesus replied, “how long shall I stay with you? How long shall I put up with you? Bring the boy here to me.” 18Jesus rebuked the demon, and it came out of the boy, and he was healed at that moment" (Matt 17:14-18) (In this case the demon is causing the child to fall into the fire and water).

" One of the men in the crowd spoke up and said, “Teacher, I brought my son so you could heal him. He is possessed by an evil spirit that won’t let him talk. 18 And whenever this spirit seizes him, it throws him violently to the ground." (Mark 9:17-18).

Then upon Jesus healing him he lifted him up. (He didn't fall during the healing but was already on the ground because of the demon).

"Jesus took him by the hand and helped him to his feet, and he stood up" (Mark 9:27).
Well, in my own case, people don't even fall even if they are being delivered of the demons. But to be very honest with you, I'm trusting God that in the process of time, as I minister, the cloud of glory will come on the congregation from on high and as I wave my hands or do any other thing that I'm led by the Spirit to do, every one will be slain in the spirit and transformed. That's my earnest faith and I see it becoming a reality in the very near future by the grace of God.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
every one will be slain in the spirit and transformed
There is no truth in this, its a lie from the devil himself. When the holy spirit fell upon the people in the bible they rejoiced and prayed in tongues,

The only man who ever fell down was the one who fell asleep at the window and fell out.

In all His Love

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
Well the spirit of faith, is a gift of the Holy Spirit.
I think you are narrowing and complicating the meaning of the HS.

If we have sprit of faith, we will strive to be faithful to Jesus' teachings.

It is all about faithfulness to God through Jesus.

GodcallsmeOlivia

Aug 11, 2015
Emekrus,

I hope you are at least willing to humbly ask God about this because you are not only responsible for yourself but for a congregation. The slain in the spirit behavior is like what is done in the Indian religion with the Kundalini spirit, a religion without the gospel and without the Holy Spirit. Do you also believe in being drunk in the spirit as well?

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
GodcallsmeOlivia said:
Emekrus,

I hope you are at least willing to humbly ask God about this because you are not only responsible for yourself but for a congregation. The slain in the spirit behavior is like what is done in the Indian religion with the Kundalini spirit, a religion without the gospel and without the Holy Spirit. Do you also believe in being drunk in the spirit as well?
I do believe in people getting drunk in the holy spirit, i have seen it, you too can get drunk in the holy spirit too. It's a great experience and you will get more joy out of it than anything else. ;)

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
I do believe in people getting drunk in the holy spirit, i have seen it, you too can get drunk in the holy spirit too. It's a great experience and you will get more joy out of it than anything else. ;)
Do you really believe it is from the Holy Spirit? What makes you believe so?

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Joyful said:
Do you really believe it is from the Holy Spirit? What makes you believe so?
Of course it is, you feel the power go through you and you can't control yourself it's amazing. If you are still unsure, why not ask God to show you if it really is real or not.

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
Of course it is, you feel the power go through you and you can't control yourself it's amazing. If you are still unsure, why not ask God to show you if it really is real or not.
You cannot control and you say it is of God? We are supposed to control ourselves.

Self-control is sign of maturity.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Joyful said:
You cannot control and you say it is of God? We are supposed to control ourselves.

Self-control is sign of maturity.
This has nothing to do with self control, if you start speaking in tongues, are you gonna try and control it? The Holy Spirit is more powerful than us, if it was not of God then we would be able to control it.

There are Christians out there, who believe the supernatural happened in the Bible, but no longer happens anymore, it still happens, then there are others who cannot tell whether if something is from God or if it is not. Some don't believe in being hit by the power of the Holy Spirit, but it happens. You just gotta believe. The reason why I believe so much in the power of the Holy Spirit, is because of the home i was brought up in, mum and dad both speak in tongues and get hit with the joyful laughter by the holy spirit, mum gets the hops, sometimes dad starts ho-ing like Santa Clause lol, i get the uncontrollable smile when it hits me, it's a joyful feeling, of course it's from God, Joy is one of the fruits of the Holy Spirit. But not all can be explained, you gotta experience it for yourself.

This same kind of power from the Holy Spirit also brings healing, also have seen quite a bit of this in my life.

GodcallsmeOlivia

Aug 11, 2015
Josho said:
I already get abundant joy from the Holy Spirit yet I don't submit to deceptive spirits giving the false joy that comes from the slain/drunk practices. There is a big spiritual difference between the two.

GodcallsmeOlivia

Aug 11, 2015
Josho said:
God has already told me it is from a false Holy Spirit that is masquerading as the true Holy Spirit.

GodcallsmeOlivia

Aug 11, 2015
Josho said:
This has nothing to do with self control, if you start speaking in tongues, are you gonna try and control it? The Holy Spirit is more powerful than us, if it was not of God then we would be able to control it.

There are Christians out there, who believe the supernatural happened in the Bible, but no longer happens anymore, it still happens, then there are others who cannot tell whether if something is from God or if it is not. Some don't believe in being hit by the power of the Holy Spirit, but it happens. You just gotta believe. The reason why I believe so much in the power of the Holy Spirit, is because of the home i was brought up in, mum and dad both speak in tongues and get hit with the joyful laughter by the holy spirit, mum gets the hops, sometimes dad starts ho-ing like Santa Clause lol, i get the uncontrollable smile when it hits me, it's a joyful feeling, of course it's from God, Joy is one of the fruits of the Holy Spirit. But not all can be explained, you gotta experience it for yourself.

This same kind of power from the Holy Spirit also brings healing, also have seen quite a bit of this in my life.
Self control is not about self but about submitting to God controlling the moment (submitting to the head which is Christ who submits to the Father) which is always in a controlled manner (there is purpose, orderliness, and lack of confusion and random behaviors with true acts of God.) In the power there is clarity, and control and a person is in full soundness of mind.It is the Holy Spirit working self control through the believer in a true experience from God, not the believer controlling the situation.

"for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control" (2 Ti 1:7).

The fruit of the Holy Spirit of God (not the fruit of the believer) is self control that God works through the believer as they abide in the vine (Jesus) letting God's works work through the Holy Spirit through the believer. The self control is from the Holy Spirit in the believer not the believer controlling the Holy Spirit.

The acts you speak of have no self control from the Holy Spirit, but out of control, disorderly, randomness in self indulgences with self being the focus rather than God.

I definitely believe the supernatural and miracles from true God are for now and have had much experience with such. However, you must remember not everything that is of the supernatural is of God.

"Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’" (Matt 7:21-23).

These are people doing real miracles is the name of Jesus, yet Jesus will say He never knew them. They are claiming and even believe they are believers, yet they are not.

My writing this is not to take joy away but to show the difference between the false and the real. There is great unspeakable joy, love, and peace from God in the Holy Spirit but it comes as a river of crystal clear truth and solid clear power not indiscriminate behaviors.

Also, the believer is to be an example to the world. Can you ever imagine Jesus acting in such a manner? What is your behavior saying to a world. The purpose in this world is helping others come to Christ.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well from my understanding, when the Bible talks about self control, it means resisting temptation, gluttony for example, if you don't have self control and eat more than you can handle you are gonna suffer later on the toilet, peer pressure, when a friend pressures you into doing something that you know is wrong, and when you say no, that's exercising self control, that's the kind of self control i know.

I feel that sometimes people are too worried about the powers of darkness, that they won't believe anything that happens supernaturally is from the God. And when the Bible talks about being an example to the world, it means being a light to the world, it means doing what is right in the Lord's sight.

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
Josho said:
Well from my understanding, when the Bible talks about self control, it means resisting temptation, gluttony for example, if you don't have self control and eat more than you can handle you are gonna suffer later on the toilet, peer pressure, when a friend pressures you into doing something that you know is wrong, and when you say no, that's exercising self control, that's the kind of self control i know.
there are many kind of self control.

I feel that sometimes people are too worried about the powers of darkness, that they won't believe anything that happens supernaturally is from the God. And when the Bible talks about being an example to the world, it means being a light to the world, it means doing what is right in the Lord's sight.
If you read Jesus' word carefully, you will get the concept of darkness. It is not so hard do discern if we give our lives to God.

There is power in Jesus' word.