The tree of the knowledge of good and evil?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By renewing our minds so we stop diverting onto the old paths. Otherwise, as we trust in Him, like, really be trusting Him, SBG can describe that well, Christ WILL be effectively ruling in us.

Much love!
Is it "merely" walking with the Spirit of Christ informing our moral decisions, or is it something deeper?

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I happen to think that @Saved Christian is on the right track. That God does not intend Man to be deciding for himself what is right for him, that Man should receive everything from his Creator.

So when Man choose to eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, he took upon himself that responsibility to choose for himself, and a whole new vista of possibilities opened up.

Until that moment, there was only, receiving what God gave, but that choice led to a new paradigm, that there was an alternative to God's way. Man had discovered evil.

The mind of the religious person is according to that way, trying to be suffuciently "good" to be accepted, but in Christ, we are removed from that humanity, into a new humanity, with the new way, the original way, living according to Life, the life Chrsit gives us, not in some alternative.

The renewing of our minds it to get us away from that old mindset of choosing for ourselves the details of our lives, though there is a part for us in that, I hope you understand what I'm saying, but to get rid of that now obsolete paradigm, stop living our lives as if it were still true for us, and start living according to the new reality. To find that this is in fact the new reality.

Another way I like to describe this is to say living according to a complete reconciliation to God. No more concerns over good or evil, only to bring ever errant thought to Christ to be submitted to Him. And to recognize when we've stopped walking in the light of Christ's life.

Much love!
Well said...let us not go back to the garden and choose the tree of good and evil again as we have Christ now in us that has healed this fatal wound of our parents. We do not choose or manage or take possession of our own morality as a god anymore, as the lost world still lives...

Your post circled the wagons for me of many of my thoughts of the subject. Thanks... we see Christ and not ourselves in the mirror of our lives.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well said...let us not go back to the garden and choose the tree of good and evil again as we have Christ now in us that has healed this fatal wound of our parents. We do not choose or manage or take possession of our own morality as a god anymore, as the lost world still lives...

Your post circled the wagons for me of many of my thoughts of the subject. Thanks... we see Christ and not ourselves in the mirror of our lives.
I like your wording here also!

Much love!

Reactions: APAK

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it "merely" walking with the Spirit of Christ informing our moral decisions, or is it something deeper?
To my understanding, I don't see our walk in the Spirit as something that informs our decisions, rather, as tapping into our true life.

We live because Christ lives in us, and we are united to Him. Our true life is a reflection of Him, our true character is the fruit of the Holy Spirit, but it's covered up by flesh, with it's fleshy thoughts and fleshy ways.

Rather than informing our choices, walking in the Spirit releases our true life and character. It looks like trusting fully, and loving completely.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks... we see Christ and not ourselves in the mirror of our lives.
Thinking about this still . . . If we set ourselves to see Christ reflected in the mirror of our lives, if that is what we are looking for, we are positioning ourselves to be like Him.

Much love!

2 Corinthians 3:18 LITV
18) But we all with our face having been unveiled, having beheld the glory of the Lord in a mirror, are being changed into the same image from glory to glory, as from the Lord Spirit.

Reactions: Lambano and APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thinking about this still . . . If we set ourselves to see Christ reflected in the mirror of our lives, if that is what we are looking for, we are positioning ourselves to be like Him.

Much love!

2 Corinthians 3:18 LITV
18) But we all with our face having been unveiled, having beheld the glory of the Lord in a mirror, are being changed into the same image from glory to glory, as from the Lord Spirit.
Beautiful, I love the version you gave....I did not know it can be translated as such and yes it can. Wow, I used the same language out of ignorance.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Beautiful, I love the version you gave....I did not know it can be translated as such and yes it can. Wow, I used the same language out of ignorance.
You're posts have been a blessing to me today! Thinking about this stuff, that's the best way to pass a day!

When we look in a mirror we see ourselves, so if we see the Lord reflected, it is because He works through us. Seeing His glorious work in us as He overcomes our flesh and ministers to others, changes us to become more like Him, because we ARE becoming more like Him as He works through us. Keeping our eyes on Him in our lives keeps us looking in the right direction. Expecting victory over sin, expecting peace in the storm, knowing this is what He is working.

Love it!

Much love!

Reactions: APAK and Lambano