The True Church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wednesday 8-9-23 3rd. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, AV 22 5783, 50th. Summer Day

Matthew 16:13-20

Revelation Of The Person Of The King

13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Revelation Of The Church

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
20 Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

Love, Walter And Debbie

Last edited:

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wednesday 8-9-23 3rd. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, AV 22 5783, 50th. Summer Day

Matthew 16:13-20

Revelation Of The Person Of The King

13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Revelation Of The Church

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
20 Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

Love, Walter And Debbie
Hi Walter again:

In a non-religious and the typical erroneous version and understanding of this cited scripture, in a true Christ-like scriptural view, Peter knew who Jesus was because the Spirit of his Father, God, told him, and Jesus even stated this as fact. He, Peter, and others possessing the Spirit of the Father would gain the keys of the Kingdom, and become the only ones who would and could genuinely build the temple and Kingdom of God through their own flesh as living temples of God's Spirit. And at that time and of this cited event, Peter apparently was the 'first' to know the Spirit of the Father - well before the time of Pentecost.

Blessings, APAK
'

Reactions: WalterandDebbie