The True Source of Peace

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"THE TRUE SOURCE OF PEACE IS IN THE SURRENDER OF THE WILL".
Letter 6 of "LET GO" by Archbishop Fenelon.

"Nevertheless, not My will be done but Thine."

Many of Fenelon's letters deal with the total peace that only God can give. It is the sort of internal peace we get when we trust God even though the world is crumbling and in turmoil around us.

"SURRENDER IS NOT A HEROIC SACRIFICE BUT A SIMPLE SINKING INTO THE WILL OF GOD". Letter 34.

It is letting go. He goes on to say:

"Let me tell you what real surrender is. It is simply resting in the love of God, as a little baby rests in its mother's arms.--

"Surrender consists not in doing great heroic deeds about which self can brag but simply in accepting whatever God sends, and not seeking to change it (unless it is His will that it be changed).--Surrender is the source of true peace; If we aren't at peace it is because our surrender is not complete."

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

The True Source of Peace​

Which pasta absorbs the source? :IDK:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
During quite a trying time when I was striving to find solutions the voice of god spoke directly into my spirit and said. 'Just be and let me'. Awesome.

Reactions: Lambano and Debp