The Truth of the Untruth

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If E = mc2 then we can divide and conclude that...

Mass (m) = Energy (E/c2)

And there are three varieties...

Natural E/c2 - All mass is basically cooled plasma
Mental E/c2 - Our brains output is a result of E/c2
Spiritual E/c2 - E (motivation,warmth, love) / c2 (faith, hope, charity, joy)

And a path to what St John calls the anointing (Chrisma)...

1. Hope - All things begin with a hope.
2. Faith - Hope and faith build motivation.
3. Learned virtues - I Cor 13: Kindness, Politeness, Perfection, etc.
4. Charis: Greek for Grace.
5. Eucharisteo: Much Grace - Greek for gratitude
6. Charizomai: Well-favored - Kind of a mixture of love and hope.
7. Euchrestos: Greek for profitable... Let profitable thoughts rule the day!
8. Chairo: Greek for Cheer, "Cheerio Mate!"
9. Chara: Greek for joy... The joy of the Lord is your strength!
10. Chrestotes: Excellence in character
11. Charisma: Heavenly Graciousness - A charming character!
12. Chrisma: Heavenly Anointing The Holy Grail of Christianity!

Which leads us to Christ... The anointed one! When the truth abides in the mind it also radiates in the heart. But...

14 But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.
15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish. - James 3
If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: - 1 John 1:6
But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him. - 1 John 2:27

As far as salvation I find the apostles keeping it simple...

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. - Romans 10:9
And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. - Acts 16:31
For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.- 1 Corinthians 2:2

As far as knowledge...

Knowledge makes proud, but charity edifies. - 1 Cor 8:1
Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump? Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:- 1 Cor 5

The Apostle invites us to purge out the old leaven that makes arrogant. Just a little arrogance makes the whole lump bad.

People who utter the word 'Truth' scare me...

I work as a Lab Technician in a large factory. Every now and then I will run up on a gentleman telling me that I have not the 'full truth.' They always say it arrogantly. It is the fact that they have so little of the spiritual E/c2 that I normally do not have too much to do with them. Truth becomes an untruth when it is accompanied with arrogance. Especially with groups who claim that they have somehow mysteriously gained that which was lost with the apostles. When in reality they are just as arrogant and puffed up as everyone else.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truth is important. In fact its vital for proper worship. But I see what you are getting at. If you do know the Truth, you certainly aren't going to be arrogant.