The Way Of The Spirit (Part 1)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

wayofthespirit

More often partly wrong than wholly right
Feb 16, 2010
North Norfolk, UK
Like it or not, lump it or protest, the fact remains that we live in a time of incredible denominational division of the Church of Christ.

And that is exactly what was foretold by Christ in his parable of the mustard seed that grew into a great tree, the branches of which then ultimately (in the form of the multi denominational Protestant Reformation) became the nesting place of the ‘birds of the air’.

Nevertheless, the true Church/Kingdom of Heaven, being ‘within’, has always been extant by virtue of the fact that even the gates of Hades can never totally prevail against it.

In it’s beginning the Christian faith was first called ‘The Way of The Spirit’ (later shortened to ‘The Way’), and inasmuch as I try to live as they did during the first apostolic century I suppose I am what is called a ‘Restorationist’.

But the difference, in my case, is that instead of perpetuating denominational division by Restorationism, I insist on keeping my endeavours ‘within’ what already exists.

Permit me therefore to stake out my ‘denominational’ stance by quoting a somewhat poetic excerpt from my blogspot:

"I'LL LABOUR NIGHT AND DAY TO BE A PILGRIM"
Few that search for the treasure of Heaven's Kingdom that is hid in the field of life, fail to hear the tolling of the same distant metaphoric bell.

When asking “for whom does the bell toll”? the answer echoes back “it tolleth for thee”.

Some respond by writing what they think is a new symphony.
(the denominational re-invention of Christianity)

Few realise that all they are doing is writing a new layer of discordant notes to add onto the existing faded and somewhat corrupted symphony. (Apostate Christendom)
Even less hear the call to add the sweetness of their own notes in harmony with the symphony as originally composed. (denominational bigotry)

Why would that be?

Doubtless the principle reason would be the faintness of what remains of that original symphony. And the extreme difficulty of harmonising with what can barely be heard.

But wait.....is there not another bell tolling and does it not sound clearer the more attentatively I listen?

“If you will follow me” tolls the bell “you must take up your cross”
But what meaneth that sound “take up your cross”?

Surely it speaks of great difficulty and personal sacrifice.

“What shall I give thee master, Thou who didst die for me,

Shall I give less of what I possess, Or shall I give all for thee”?

Onto my shoulders the weight of the cross, heavier grows as I learn,
that the music that thrills my master’s heart is not that for which we all yearn.
It’s to stay where I’m put; not to forge a new berth; not to revel in what I see wrong.
But to honour the lesser vessels of faith in the body to which I belong.
So I take thus my cross,where it’s hardest to bear.
To the nearest Church of my King;
NOT SEEING THE NAME THAT ENTITLES THE DOOR,
if it's where I hear that bell ring.
Mike.

jehu books

Feb 15, 2010
Hey Mike,
I read some of your blogs on your site. and of course read your post here. I like your stance. May God continue to undoctrinate us as we yeld to Him and His plans. I am among a bunch of believers who have separated from denominations, but still attend churches and different functions and meetings.
Maybe better said We are trying to walk in relationship with the spirit without getting under religous tradition.
Bless you brother