The Wind and the Waves

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter said to Jesus, If it's you, tell me to come to you on the water! Jesus bid him to come. And Peter, wow! He stepped out of that boat onto the stormy sea, and began walking toward Jesus.

I can only guess that Peter believed if Jesus told him to do something, that would mean he could do it.

We know that Peter saw the wind and the waves, and sank, and Jesus rescued him.

Matthew 14:30-32
30) But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.
31) And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?
32) And when they were come into the ship, the wind ceased.

And when they were come into the ship, the wind ceased. That wind! It was blowing, and churning up the sea, the whole time Peter was out there on it, but the moment they get into the boat, no more wind!

It was that wind, the waves, that threw Peter off. Jesus could have stopped them at any moment. He didn't. He let Peter falter, and flounder, instead of stopping the wind and waves.

Peter would later write that the testing of our faith proves it is a genuine faith. God calls us to walk on His path of works, living Christ in this age, lights that shine in a wicked and perverse generation. And God allows the winds and waves that are rising around us.

The higher they rise, the more our lights will shine. Stay the course!

Much love!