The Wise Men's Star

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The two-year time frame related to Herod's Holocaust wasn't referenced
from the day that the magi spoke with him. Herod marked the beginning
with the day the magi first saw the apparition back in their homeland.

Matt 2:2 . .We have seen his star in the east

Matt 2:7 . . Then Herod, when he had privily called the wise men, inquired
of them diligently what time the star appeared.

Matt 2:16 . . Herod gave orders to kill all the boys in accordance with the
time he had learned from the Magi.

It's commonly assumed the magi set out on their journey the very day that
they spotted the apparition in their homeland; but I don't think we can be
certain that they did.

Plus, it appears from Matt 2:12 that the apparition alone wasn't their only
guide. In other words: I think it reasonable to believe that the magi learned
the meaning of this curious object from God rather than from books, and
began preparing an expedition only after He instructed them to rather than
on their own initiative.
_

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At one point, Jesus, and the twelve, went on a seven day retreat in mountain gorges. Regarding the last day, Valtorta wrote: "...He (Jesus) walks down, as His cave is the highest one, and He enters the various caves, calling the sleeping apostles by their names. Simon, Bartholomew, Philip, James, and Andrew, reply at once. Matthew, Peter, and Thomas, take a little longer to reply. While Judas Thaddeus goes to meet Jesus as soon as he sees Him appear at the entrance of his grotto, as he is already ready, and wide awake, the other cousin, the Iscariot, and John, are fast asleep, so much so that Jesus has to shake them on their beds, made with tree branches, and leaves, in order to wake them up.

John, the last one to be called, is so sound asleep, that he does not realize Who is calling him, and in the haze of his interrupted sleep, he whispers: 'Yes, mother, I am coming at once...', but he turns round on his other side. Jesus smiles, sits on the rustic mattress made of foliage picked in the wood, He bends, and kisses the cheek of John, who opens his eyes, and is dumbfounded at seeing Jesus. He sits up, and says: 'Do you need me? Here I am'.

'No. I woke you up as I did the others, but you thought it was your mother. So, I kissed you, as mothers do.'

John, half-naked in his under tunic, because he used his tunic, and mantle, as bed covers, clasps Jesus's neck, and lays his head between Jesus's shoulder, and cheek saying: 'Oh! You are so much more than a mother! I left her for You, but I would not leave You for her! She bore me to the Earth. You are bearing me to Heaven. Oh! I know!'

'What do you know more than the others?'

'What the Lord told me in this cave. See, I never came to You, and I think my companions said it was due to indifference, and pride, but I am not concerned with what they think. I know that You know the truth. I was not coming to Jesus Christ, the Incarnate Son of God, but to what You are in the bosom of the Fire that is eternal Love of the Most Holy Trinity, its Nature, its Essence, its Real Essence—oh! I cannot tell, however, what I have understood in this dark gloomy cavern that has become so full of light for me, in this cold grotto where I have been burnt by a featureless fire that has descended into the depth of my being, and has inflamed with a sweet martyrdom, in this silent cave, which has, however, sung celestial truths to me—but to what You are, the Second Person of the ineffable Mystery, which is God, and which I penetrated because God has drawn to me Himself, and I have always had Him with me, and I have poured all my desires, all my tears, all my requests on Your divine bosom, Word of God. Amongst the many words I have heard from You, there never was one so comprehensive as the one You told me here, You, God the Son, You, God like the Father, You, God like the Holy Spirit, You, center of the Trinity...oh! perhaps I am blaspheming, but that is what I think, because if You were not the love of the Father, and the love for the Father, then the Love, the Divine Love, would be missing, and the Divinity would not longer be Trine, and it would lack the most becoming attribute of God: His love! Oh! I have so much in here, but it is like water gurgling against a dam, and cannot flow out... and I seem to be dying of it, so violent, and sublime, is the turmoil in my heart, since I have understood You... but I would not like to be freed of it for the whole world... Let me die of that love, my sweet God!' John smiles, and weeps, panting, inflamed by His love, relaxing on Jesus's chest, as if he were exhausted by his ardor, and Jesus caresses him, burning with love Himself." (The Poem of the Man-God: Volume II, ch. 164, pp. 55-58)

In summary, St. John was "half-naked in his tunic", because "he used his tunic, and mantle, as bed covers". He was kissed by Jesus on the cheek like a mother, because he had thought it was his mother waking him up. He was smiling, weeping, and panting, because he had just concluded speaking of the mystical ecstasy he experienced during his retreat, and was "inflamed by His (God's) love", meaning his ardor was intensified, thus relaxed on Jesus's chest, while sitting up. As he did this, Jesus caressed him, "burning with love Himself", because He is love.

As shown, the excerpts from this scene in the article you cited are taken out of context, and the accusation Valtorta portrayed Jesus, and St. John, engaging with each other sexually is a lie. It was lazy, and negligent, on your part to not fact-check.

This is the third accusation against Maria Valtorta by your anonymous source I have refuted.
It’s not a matter of fact checking. The articles I quoted gave examples from her writing.

But I now see that I should not have taken the bait and refuted her unscriptural nonsense, esp if no one else on CB cares about it. So.....keep putting out the trash. I guess you’ll go unchallenged because I’m done. But you will stand before God and answer to Him.

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It’s not a matter of fact checking. The articles I quoted gave examples from her writing.

But I now see that I should not have taken the bait and refuted her unscriptural nonsense, esp if no one else on CB cares about it. So.....keep putting out the trash. I guess you’ll go unchallenged because I’m done. But you will stand before God and answer to Him.

Hi Prayer Warrior, I have found from experience that it is absolutely no good at all trying to talk to some of the Catholics on this site.

Their hearts are hardened, their minds are closed off to the truth. Their cultish religion is far more important than their relationship with God; their admiration for the blessed virgin May greater than their love for Jesus, and stuff like that you have posted along with other ancient writing more important than the Living Word - the bible.

They will only be transformed by the renewing of their minds and that only through the work of the Holy Spirit.