The works of Abraham is faith

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TheWind

Aug 3, 2019
ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found?

BECAUSE if Abraham were justified by works OF THE LAW, he hath whereof to BOAST; but not before God.

BECAUSE what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for THE WORK OF GOD.

Now to him that worketh THE WORKS OF THE LAW is the reward OF ETERNAL LIFE not reckoned of MERCY, but of debt, WHICH IS TO SAY, HE IS A DEBTOR TO DO THE WHOLE LAW.

But to him that worketh not THE WORKS OF THE LAW, but believeth on JESUS that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for THE WORK OF GOD.

Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth THE WORK OF FAITH without works OF THE LAW,

Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin, WHICH IS BY THE LAW, BECAUSE SIN IS NOT IMPUTED WHEN THERE IS NO LAW.

John 8:39 King James Version (KJV)
39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.

Galatians 3:7 King James Version (KJV)
7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The works of Abraham ...was the Faith of Abraham putting Isaac on the altar or was Faith an active Revelation told of God’s mercy to come in Abraham’s obeying His voice that could only have been by the Spirit. Even the rams horns caught (tangled) in the thicket. Could only have been of God. God said in His word He told them what was to come and challenged all false god’s to do what only He can do. Abraham putting Isaac on the Altar did nothing to bring life to the children of promise but receiving the dead unto Life would come through great patience in what God said He would do through His own Son. Abraham’s faith had to hurt in the flesh in more ways than Isaac but seeing all his children suffer for the words sake. Similar to God watching His children suffer. It was no different with Paul in building up and then watching the wolves come in and the children of God suffering for the Words sake. There was long suffering in all the prophets that were showed things of the Spirit...things God’s people would endure and go through for the sake of the furthering the word. Can’t find the verse right now but there is one in the New Testament that says they all(those God showed in the OT) knew it would come to those of the New Testament and they endure for their sake. Seeking the Life of others. Tending to the things of others. Keeping His word. Abraham put Isaac on the Altar and yes God said that is Faith but that Faith endured and believed God would do what He said in sending His only begotten Son to redeem. Abraham putting Isaac on the Altar ...a manifestation in the flesh that wouldn’t be finished until Jesus Christ was lifted up to draw men to Him, crucified and then resurrected on the third day, justified in the Spirit and seen of men.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth THE WORK OF FAITH without works OF THE LAW,

Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

The work of Faith is active though. A work of God. Abraham was “justified” when Jesus Christ was resurrected and justified in the Spirit. Justification can only come by the Spirit of God otherwise how do you explain they believed but their belief did not profit any not being mixed with “Faith”. As Mary is called “blessed” that “blessed” is the work of God and His Spirit. To endure for the sake of the Word is the work of God.

Matthew 5:10-12
[10] Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. [11] Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. [12] Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Luke 6:21-23
[21] Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh. [22] Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake. [23] Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.

Revelation 1:3
[3] Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

Revelation 22:13-14
[13] I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. [14] Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Galatians 5:22-23
[22] But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, [23] Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7
[4] Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, [5] Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; [6] Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; [7] Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

Faith is not void or empty.

TheWind

Aug 3, 2019
ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The work of Faith is active though. A work of God. Abraham was “justified” when Jesus Christ was resurrected and justified in the Spirit. Justification can only come by the Spirit of God otherwise how do you explain they believed but their belief did not profit any not being mixed with “Faith”. As Mary is called “blessed” that “blessed” is the work of God and His Spirit. To endure for the sake of the Word is the work of God.

[10] Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. [11] Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. [12] Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

[21] Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh. [22] Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake. [23] Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.

[3] Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

[13] I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. [14] Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

[22] But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, [23] Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

[4] Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, [5] Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; [6] Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; [7] Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

I know the scriptures and the Spirit of God. Like I said, the interpretation is correct. Furthermore, Faith without doing the commandments of Christ is dead.

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Your correct VIC!
The understanding of how Faith the noun is fulfilled through Faithing the verb has almost been earased from history. Reading your posts gives me a little hope that the true and intended understanding may still have a chance of being rediscovered.

I'm wondering what you know. Are you aware that the corresponding verb, pisteuo in the Greek couldn't be translated into the English language?

A verb is an act, based upon a Belief, sustained by confidence.

Pisteuo, is a specific act, based upon a specific belief, sustained by a specific kind of confidence.

Translating pisteuo (248) times as believe, believer, and believing, was a devastating mistake. And because of this mistranslation, the English translation of the Greek manuscripts will sadly take out the many that are called.

Would love to know more about your understanding.

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know the scriptures and the Spirit of God. Like I said, the interpretation is correct. Furthermore, Faith without doing the commandments of Christ is dead.

Fulfilling correct NT Faith and faithing could result in an obedient act , such as seeming to obey a command of Christ. But if we are fulfilling NT Faith and faithing correctly, we will eventually receive the Spirit of Christ. At this point it wouldn't be us doing it ( obedient acts) but Christ living in us doing it. Just like Paul in his sinning nature, it's not him doing it but sin dwelling on him doing it.

We have to be seen by the Father as "completely obedient". From the second we are born to the day we die, not even a disobedient thought is permitted. We only are seen in that state of being when the Spirit of Christ is cloaking us .
The only way that can happen is by a correct fulfillment of pisteuo!

TheWind

Aug 3, 2019
ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Fulfilling correct NT Faith and faithing could result in an obedient act , such as seeming to obey a command of Christ. But if we are fulfilling NT Faith and faithing correctly, we will eventually receive the Spirit of Christ. At this point it wouldn't be us doing it ( obedient acts) but Christ living in us doing it. Just like Paul in his sinning nature, it's not him doing it but sin dwelling on him doing it.

We have to be seen by the Father as "completely obedient". From the second we are born to the day we die, not even a disobedient thought is permitted. We only are seen in that state of being when the Spirit of Christ is cloaking us .
The only way that can happen is by a correct fulfillment of pisteuo!

Jesus knows the end from the beginning, he knows those that will keep his commandments in the new man: and those that do, will receive the Spirit of God. Furthermore, I can not be corrected by you.

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus knows the end from the beginning, he knows those that will keep his commandments in the new man: and those that do, will receive the Spirit of God. Furthermore, I can not be corrected by you.

You just need to be aware that there has only been one who has submitted a life of obedience that had been acceptable. Your completely within your rights to choose to try and be the second one. I'm rooting for you.

TheWind

Aug 3, 2019
ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You just need to be aware that there has only been one who has submitted a life of obedience that had been acceptable. Your completely within your rights to choose to try and be the second one. I'm rooting for you.

I know you have no love for me, and neither do you understand the things I am interpreting by the Spirit of God: because you can't believe me.

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I know you wouldn't do this on purpose, but by attempting to submit your own life of obedience, your inadvertently saying Christ's completed, finished work on Calvary wasn't sufficient.

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know you have no love for me, and neither do you understand the things I am interpreting by the Spirit of God: because you can't believe me.

No love for you?
If I gave you A hundred thousand dollars you would see that as an act of love, right. What I'm giving you is worth more than all the money in the world. You and I, were not perfectors, we need to be perfected.

TheWind

Aug 3, 2019
ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I know you wouldn't do this on purpose, but by attempting to submit your own life of obedience, your inadvertently saying Christ's completed, finished work on Calvary wasn't sufficient.

You blind fool, the first work is of faith to be baptized into the new man: the Son of God, Christ Jesus. So then, being in Christ and doing his commandments, is it therefor the work of the old man or the new? If the new, then what is the name of him doing the commandments? John Doe or Jesus Christ?

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You blind fool, the first work is of faith to be baptized into the new man: the Son of God, Christ Jesus. So then, being in Christ and doing his commandments, is it therefor the work of the old man or the new? If the new, then what is the name of him doing the commandments? John Doe or Jesus Christ?

There you are!

A work of Faith is what you said!

What is that specific"work of Faith"?

TheWind

Aug 3, 2019
ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There you are!

A work of Faith is what you said!

What is that specific"work of Faith"?

AS IT IS WRITTEN:

the WORK which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:THAT WE ME HEAR THE COMMANDMENT OF GOD AND DO IT)

Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead THAT WE MAY HEAR THE COMMANDMENT OF GOD AND DO IT)

But what DOES THE SCRIPTURE SAY IN THE LAW, The COMMANDMENT is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the COMMANDMENT of faith, which we preach;

That if thou shalt WITH YOUR MOUTH CALL ON THE NAME OF the Lord Jesus IN HEAVEN, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved FROM DEATH.

BECAUSE with the heart man believeth to WORK; and with the mouth confession is made to THE SAVING OF CHRIST FROM THE DEAD.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your correct VIC!
The understanding of how Faith the noun is fulfilled through Faithing the verb has almost been earased from history. Reading your posts gives me a little hope that the true and intended understanding may still have a chance of being rediscovered.

I'm wondering what you know. Are you aware that the corresponding verb, pisteuo in the Greek couldn't be translated into the English language?

A verb is an act, based upon a Belief, sustained by confidence.

Pisteuo, is a specific act, based upon a specific belief, sustained by a specific kind of confidence.

Translating pisteuo (248) times as believe, believer, and believing, was a devastating mistake. And because of this mistranslation, the English translation of the Greek manuscripts will sadly take out the many that are called.

Would love to know more about your understanding.

Thank you. This is always when I really want to step back though because I know I will fail. God doesn’t fail so what I know and have to share is not much but only what He allows. Wasn’t aware of “pisteuo” thank you for sharing. It is comforting.

“...has almost been earased from history.” It is not possible when Faithful is He who promised. Thought a lot of Paul and how devastating and testing it had to be to watch others come in preaching another Jesus, teaching another Spirit. And still today it grows until seemly so powerful and lifted nothing can overthrow it ...but that is not what He said. Paul was given Faith that was active and not in vain, Faith that endured against that which was seen. It is impossible to erase the Spirit of Faith planted in Christ and the power of the world to come. Faith that is vain or void, that is to say of flesh once tried...withers and comes to nothing. He who is Faithful as promised left a seed nothing can overthrow.

Reactions: Faither

dorian37grey

May 6, 2014
CALIFORNIA; ANTIOCH
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
BUT ; 2 points
1- James 2-23 -And the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,” and he was called God’s friend
2-
john-1- 12 yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— .

children of abraham --- would at best only be friends of God
it took Jesus ( and his actions) to BECOME children of God

the Paul vs James argument of Abraham was saved by faith vs works ; shows both sides not to be precise in this ; for Abraham wasn't saved until Jesus made the way and right to become a child of God