They Shall Believe The Lie

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been giving thought to the question, what is "the lie":

2 Thessalonians 2:8-12 YLT
8) and then shall be revealed the Lawless One, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the manifestation of his presence,
9) him, whose presence is according to the working of the Adversary, in all power, and signs, and lying wonders,
10) and in all deceitfulness of the unrighteousness in those perishing, because the love of the truth they did not receive for their being saved,
11) and because of this shall God send to them a working of delusion, for their believing the lie,
12) that they may be judged—all who did not believe the truth, but were well pleased in the unrighteousness.

It's not named. So I can only speculate. The first truth told by God about man,

Genesis 1:27 YLT
27) And God prepareth the man in His image; in the image of God He prepared him, a male and a female He prepared them.

When God judges individuals in this age, in this life, it's in this way:

Romans 1:24-27 YLT
24) Wherefore also God did give them up, in the desires of their hearts, to uncleanness, to dishonour their bodies among themselves;
25) who did change the truth of God into a falsehood, and did honour and serve the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed to the ages. Amen.
26) Because of this did God give them up to dishonourable affections, for even their females did change the natural use into that against nature;
27) and in like manner also the males having left the natural use of the female, did burn in their longing toward one another; males with males working shame, and the recompense of their error that was fit, in themselves receiving.

They change the truth of God into a lie, and serve the creature, so God gives them over to homosexuality.

Is this "the lie"? That we aren't made by God male and female, we are all sorts of things, and can change?

Much love!

Reactions: Gabriel _Arch

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

8) and then shall be revealed the Lawless One, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the manifestation of his presence,
9) him, whose presence is according to the working of the Adversary, in all power, and signs, and lying wonders,
10) and in all deceitfulness of the unrighteousness in those perishing, because the love of the truth they did not receive for their being saved,
11) and because of this shall God send to them a working of delusion, for their believing the lie,
12) that they may be judged—all who did not believe the truth, but were well pleased in the unrighteousness.

27) And God prepareth the man in His image; in the image of God He prepared him, a male and a female He prepared them.

24) Wherefore also God did give them up, in the desires of their hearts, to uncleanness, to dishonour their bodies among themselves;
25) who did change the truth of God into a falsehood, and did honour and serve the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed to the ages. Amen.
26) Because of this did God give them up to dishonourable affections, for even their females did change the natural use into that against nature;
27) and in like manner also the males having left the natural use of the female, did burn in their longing toward one another; males with males working shame, and the recompense of their error that was fit, in themselves receiving.

They change the truth of God into a lie, and serve the creature, so God gives them over to homosexuality.

Is this "the lie"? That we aren't made by God male and female, we are all sorts of things, and can change?

Much love!

No one knows the truth unless it is given to them...as follows:

Matthew 16:13-18​
When Jesus came into the region of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, saying, “Who do men say that I, the Son of Man, am?”
14 So they said, “Some say John the Baptist, some Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”
15 He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?”
16 Simon Peter answered and said, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."
17 Jesus answered and said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.
18 And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.

I have said it now many times, revealing the lie. But just as Jesus set before the church the above life and death fork in the road, now between flesh and blood and the Spirit (as Moses had also done for Israel as a sign and a foreshadowing of what was to come, saying "I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live")--but who has believed it and not preferred the lie?

Again, the flesh was unto death, but the spirit unto life. This is what is written but not fully believed. Thus, Jesus' second coming was not to be a repeat of the flesh, but unto life by the spirit and glory of the Father--that is in spirit. But also, just as He said, "soon" and "quickly" even saying "I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you"--not only to a future generation after a "gap"--but to those to whom He spoke directly, saying "you." All of which He also explained, saying "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me." Which Paul elaborated because of confusion, saying, "but each one in his own order."

Thus, the "lie" is that none of that was or is true, but rather that there would be a "gap" in Daniel's 70 weeks prophecy before He returned only to a "future" generation. And this has been and still is the foretold "strong delusion" and great apostacy of "destructive doctrines" brought into the church by "false teachers"--2000 years ago--just as it is written.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There are many lies but ultimately 'The Lie' is that which Satan first disseminated among the angels (being immensely successful) ie, that God is other than he makes out to be.

Bringing the question into our immediate sphere, 'The Lie' is God finding it necessary to kill Jesus to be able to forgive.
This Lie hides and maligns God's Glory; it assumes that Jesus and God are somehow different in their values; it causes a schism in the mind of the believer (consciously or unconsciously) and is one of the reasons Atheists feel justified in their mockery of God's Word.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are many lies but ultimately 'The Lie' is that which Satan first disseminated among the angels (being immensely successful) ie, that God is other than he makes out to be.

Bringing the question into our immediate sphere, 'The Lie' is God finding it necessary to kill Jesus to be able to forgive.
This Lie hides and maligns God's Glory; it assumes that Jesus and God are somehow different in their values; it causes a schism in the mind of the believer (consciously or unconsciously) and is one of the reasons Atheists feel justified in their mockery of God's Word.

Yes, "ultimately" the root of all lies resides in Satan (the father of lies).

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'The Lie' is God finding it necessary to kill Jesus to be able to forgive.
2 Thessalonians 2:9-12 KJV
9) Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10) And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11) And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12) That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

That doesn't seem to fit to me, but I want to gel on it a bit to give the thought some time. How would believing this lie mean they cannot be saved?

Much love!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
2 Thessalonians 2:9-12 KJV
9) Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10) And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11) And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12) That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

That doesn't seem to fit to me, but I want to gel on it a bit to give the thought some time. How would believing this lie mean they cannot be saved?

Much love!
Believing The Lie gives birth to many other lies......the which being entangled, affects how one sees......and how one sees determines how one sees oneself, others and God.....and where ones trust and or hope is.

Salvation is accomplished for all mankind/ womenkind. God's affection has redeemed the human race. It's the message of reconciliation we are privileged to share.

The bottom line is, it is harder to be lost than saved. Why? because men insist on their way and it blinds them to the wonder of Jesus even while they mouth his name.

Salvation is not wanting from God's side, it is wanting from man's side.....men just don't believe that God is so gracious, so long-suffering, so good; we reject the God Jesus came to reveal in favour of our own constructs......whether those constructs are a misrepresentation/ distortion of God's intentions or some pagan theory of God.

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!
Certainly those to whom you refer are indeed part of what is given over to the lie.

I don't think it coincidence their sins hide beneath a rainbow. That symbol from God after sin was purged from earth.

A mockery,as I see it, to scream in the face of God, NO PURGING OF US.WE'RE STILL HERE!

Until, they're not. And then shall they answer. And scream for another reason,from another place! There,for eternity.

Christ did not teach tolerance of sin.

Reactions: marks