Things That Will Be.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
Maxx, you have convinced me my Brother, that all is not well with you...........For that you have my pity.

Holy Ghost is a KJV translation. Ghost is considered a spirit and the definition of what we call Ghost was not as prevalent in the 1600's

A more correct term would be spirit............ A Ghost would be considered by most a Human spirit or spook. I use both terms.

The King James for some reason translated it the Holy Ghost and then Holy Spirit.............. One could only guess why the inconsistencies.

Jesus Is Lord

jerryjohnson

Nov 6, 2009
So whats your point? The bible was written common Greek?... thats news to ME? and who Told you this.... Peter , James or John?

Of course it's new to you. Do you read Greek, I do! Yes, Peter, James and John told me with the langauge they used to write their letters. Can you read them?

Maxx, you have convinced me my Brother, that all is not well with you...........For that you have my pity.

Holy Ghost is a KJV translation. Ghost is considered a spirit and the definition of what we call Ghost was not as prevalent in the 1600's

A more correct term would be spirit............ A Ghost would be considered by most a Human spirit or spook. I use both terms.

The King James for some reason translated it the Holy Ghost and then Holy Spirit.............. One could only guess why the inconsistencies.

Jesus Is Lord

Mike, you know, of course, that King James, himself did not do any of the translating. He paid for the work to be done by the scholars of his day. King James “authorized” the work.

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
I heard it was presented as a gift from the scribes or something like that. Not sure if I read that in one of Peter Ruckmans books, or a Chic track.....

Be Blessed

JarBreaker

Apr 6, 2010
Are you saying God could not give US a perfect translation of his word in English...... Man would not get it right bcause man is man?.... In All creation and he could not make man wright what he

Jer. 8:8
"'How can you say, "We are wise, for we have the law of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely?

If those scribes were all correct 100% of the time, how did we end up with 3-4,000 different denominations ?

JarBreaker

Apr 6, 2010
Revelations 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life.

Here, we can just take a look at this whole section of a page that just came up ....
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ADDING TO SCRIPTURE
Many Christian churches follow “church tradition” as it has been established over the ages.
Are we allowed to do this? What does the Word of God say?
Deuteronomy 4 Hear now, O Israel, the decrees and laws I am about to teach you. Follow them so that you may live and may go in and take possession of the land that the LORD, the God of your fathers, is giving you. [sup] 2 [/sup]Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it, but keep the commands of the LORD your God that I give you.

Deuteronomy 12: [sup]32[/sup][sup] [/sup] See that you do all I command you; do not add to it or take away from it.

Proverbs 30: [sup]6[/sup][sup] [/sup] Do not add to his words, or he will rebuke you and prove you a liar.

Matt 15:6 Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition. [sup] 7 [/sup] You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you: [sup]8 [/sup]”‘These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. [sup]9 [/sup]They worship me in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by men.’”

1 Cor 4:6[sup] (NIV) [/sup]Now, brothers, I have applied these things to myself and Apollos for your benefit, so that you may learn from us the meaning of the saying, "Do not go beyond what is written."

Rev 20: [sup]18[/sup][sup] [/sup]I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. [sup] 19 [/sup]And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

These Scriptures speak very, very clearly. How is it, that so many "Christians" just disregard what Scripture says?

Examples of adding to Scripture:

• Christmas
  • Easter
  • Lent
  • Sacraments
  • Infant Baptism
Nowhere in Scripture can these practices be found or commanded, let alone justified.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please, prayerfully consider;

Deut.4:2
Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it, but keep the commands of the LORD your God that I give you.

Now, one one hand we have the Catholic church who REMOVED a Commandment ... and we see today, there are IDOLS set up in every one of their gathering places.

Matt 15:6 Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition. [sup] 7 [/sup] You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you: [sup]8 [/sup]”‘These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. [sup]9 [/sup]They worship me in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by men.’”

Here we have an example speaking against what was ADDED ... this is only referring to THE ORAL TORAH or TALMUD.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

Point here being, to the original quote about adding or taking away ... to argue that this disagreement over ONE WORD, whether mistranslated or not, was adding or taking away from scripture is ridiculous.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
I do not have the time or interest to fight the rapture arguement with people any more. If they want to believe the rapture lie, so be it. You might want to read the many posts on the topic on this forum by opening the "search" window and typing "rapture." Or you can read through: http://biblicalrapture.net/

Rapture is not taught in Scripture. It is a 100% false teaching!

-- Jerry, you don't see the contradiction in stating you do no have time to fight the Rapture argument with people anynmore just before you fire of a "rapture lie" salvo?

Why even bother commenting in the thread then unless you wanted to get a dig in?

There are a number of Jesus-loving, Spirit-filled, God-worshiping Christians who have sought God with their whole heart and believe in the Pre-Tribulation Rapture.

There are also a number of Jesus-loving, Spirit-filled, God-worshiping Christians who have sought God with their whole heart and believe it is a mistake.

Both use scripture to support their beliefs and both claim the other is misreading scripture.

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
Praise God, that is what I was trying to say. I see holes in both theory's.

Foreigner.............If you be kinder to Maxx.... You would get my vote!!!!

Way to many presumptively think they got it all figured out. Bless God, I am sure of just a few things myself. One is that Jesus is on the throne!!!! .I have been reading the Word for years.

You comment blessed me.

Jesus Is Lord

jerryjohnson

Nov 6, 2009
-- Jerry, you don't see the contradiction in stating you do no have time to fight the Rapture argument with people anynmore just before you fire of a "rapture lie" salvo?

Why even bother commenting in the thread then unless you wanted to get a dig in?

There are a number of Jesus-loving, Spirit-filled, God-worshiping Christians who have sought God with their whole heart and believe in the Pre-Tribulation Rapture.

There are also a number of Jesus-loving, Spirit-filled, God-worshiping Christians who have sought God with their whole heart and believe it is a mistake.

Both use scripture to support their beliefs and both claim the other is misreading scripture.

I'm not going to argue with you, I will let you make you choice. I guess it will all come down to who is on the wide road and who is on the narrow road. You know only Christians can “fall away” = apostasy, defection from truth, and many of them will be will be deceived. Let me know if and when you want the truth and I'll show you where to find it.

Mike their will not be a vote on this one.

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
JerryJohnson, I guess my concern is that this End time stuff has you so up in arms (About getting the truth) that you post a response to something I said to Foreigner. You should be addressing Him my Brother.

I fully know where your coming from. There was a time when I would get just livid when people say tongues have passed away. I mean it's gotten me booted off a couple forums. Then I went though a phase where I thought the Catholic Church screwed up all the other translations. Ya, I am word of faith, but I liked Peter Ruckman and his stance on the KJV.

JerryJohnson. You have your mind made up about the End Times. That is fine, I myself see very good studies done on both sides. That Web site you gave me had some pretty great points with scripture. I appreciate that.

I really don't see (Not that I won't in the future, if there is something to see.) what the big deal is.
If we get sucked out of here, then we stand around and wait for all the dust to settle for seven years. Big deal...............

If we stay, then we watch the dust settle on earth...... Big deal.........

No place is it written we loose authority over Satan, No place that faith in the name of Jesus no longer works. No place written where we are not delivered from the powers of darkness, No place where Weapons formed against can prosper. No place were we are no longer more than Conquerors because God loves us.

I just don't get what difference it is Going to make if God leaves the Church here, or takes the Church. I have cast out (Well one) devil. No devil, devil filled person can stand in that power of anointing.
In fact, I don't see how Satan is going to be able to operate if we hang out. Satan is not that big...........

Anyway......... be blessed.

Jesus Is Lord

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
You know only Christians can “fall away” = apostasy, defection from truth, and many of them will be will be deceived.

-- And I would remind you of the same thing.

In my Christian walk I have witnessed mighty Jesus-loving men of God do awesome things via the Holy Spirit including mighty healings and incredible prophesies that have come to pass.

These same true God-loving Christians have disagreed on whether there will be a pre-tribulation Rapture, a mid-tribulation Rapture or a 'Rapture' at all.

All these people have made a life out of following God with their whole hearts, have sought His Wisdom...have come to an entirely different conclusion.

And they are all just as armed with Scripture as you seem to think you are.

Just something to ponder...

The one thing that turned me off to this board for a long time were the people who didn't just disagree with those who believed in the pre-tribulation Rapture - everyone has a right to do that - but they became hostile towards them and actually questioned their walk.

Many mighty men and women of God believe in the Rapture and are able to provide scripture to support their point.

And yes, some also are able to use the, "But the ancient Greek actually says..." or "What Paul actually meant was..." or "The word 'cloud' actually refers to..." caveats, as well.

My thought is that maybe.......just maybe.......there is still room for actual discussion.

jerryjohnson

Nov 6, 2009
-- And I would remind you of the same thing.

In my Christian walk I have witnessed mighty Jesus-loving men of God do awesome things via the Holy Spirit including mighty healings and incredible prophesies that have come to pass.

These same true God-loving Christians have disagreed on whether there will be a pre-tribulation Rapture, a mid-tribulation Rapture or a 'Rapture' at all.

All these people have made a life out of following God with their whole hearts, have sought His Wisdom...have come to an entirely different conclusion.

And they are all just as armed with Scripture as you seem to think you are.

Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

It is a wide road isn’t it? You may believe whatever you want. It is a wide road.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

It is a wide road isn’t it? You may believe whatever you want. It is a wide road.

-- Jerry, you know better than that.

Someone who loves Jesus with their whole heart, has sought him sincerely, and through sincere study of the scriptures has come to a different belief than you does NOT automatically make them a false prophet. Talk about arrogance on your part. Do you really think you know what is in their hearts?

Perhaps you should read the first verse of the very chapter you sited: "Do not judge, or you too will be judged." -- Matt 7:1

First you don't keep your own edict - "I do not have the time or interest to fight the rapture arguement with people any more. If they want to believe the rapture lie, so be it." - then you post a baseless implication in one of the two subsequent posts on the topic you said you would no longer post on.

Honestly...

jerryjohnson

Nov 6, 2009
-- Jerry, you know better than that.

Someone who loves Jesus with their whole heart, has sought him sincerely, and through sincere study of the scriptures has come to a different belief than you does NOT automatically make them a false prophet. Talk about arrogance on your part. Do you really think you know what is in their hearts?

Honestly...

I know a false prophet when I hear one. I guess we'll find out who has oil and who wont.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Was just thinking the same thing.

Would that apply to someone who says they aren't going to do something and then goes ahead and does it anyway?

Just askin'

Have a great day.

jerryjohnson

Nov 6, 2009
Was just thinking the same thing.

Would that apply to someone who says they aren't going to do something and then goes ahead and does it anyway?

Just askin'

Have a great day.

I will always put the false theory down and will give references to places interested people can read the truth about it. That is my passing along the information not arguing the theory. If you don’t like that, tough!

I also know the penalty for being a false prophet and I’m not worried.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
I will always put the false theory down and will give references to places interested people can read the truth about it.

So you didn't really mean it when you said, "I do not have the time or interest to fight the rapture arguement with people any more. If they want to believe the rapture lie, so be it."

Thanks for clearing that up.

jerryjohnson

Nov 6, 2009
So you didn't really mean it when you said, "I do not have the time or interest to fight the rapture arguement with people any more. If they want to believe the rapture lie, so be it."

I want people to know the truth. Pointing out the falsehood of the rapture is not arguing the points of the theory. I willl share information, if someone chooses to read it, that's up to them. I have done my job. To me, that is not debating the theory, if it is to you, so be it!

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
So again, you didn't really mean it when you said, "I do not have the time or interest to fight the rapture arguement with people any more. If they want to believe the rapture lie, so be it."

Status
Not open for further replies.