This______is your life.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi folks.
I'd like to get to know the YOU better.
Myself. I grew up very poor in a mixed neighborhood of other very poor folks.

It was like the " Great Depression continued on in my family past the 30's.
There were many times we didn't have running water or electricity but we're blessed with a REAL fire place for heat or kind neighbors who shared their water with us.

In a country that has ups and downs financially, we should be ashamed that any in our country should be WITHOUT.
except by choice.

Neighbors fed and clothed us at times and my momma trapped squirrels and rabbits for us to eat. She worked in fields picking harvest to feed us for she lacked an education except to read and write.

We were loved, and we knew she would do what it took to keep us safe and together.

I grew up and I worked, was educated in college, married and had a family.

I felt at times that same struggle to keep my family together and safe, fed and clothed.

Here I am today waaaaaay older and still below poverty level on my SS after retirement and disabilities.

I don't have much on this earth in life to call of value except for my family and the priceless gift of God.

Let me tell you what, though, I AM BLESSED BEYOND MEASURE!

I have a relationship with the God who is able, whom with NOTHING is impossible and he shares his riches with me.

The most blessed to me is his Holy Writ, the word of God. We are very intimate and he has revealed his desire for me to lay up treasures where months can't get to and destruction of these treasure will never happen.

I'm just an old white woman desiring to know God's family here and to persuade others of his truth that we might one day receive our reward.

Tell me about you!

Disclaimer: this is not a theological debate or discussion thread.( BTW, lol some of yo'uns theology IS FALSE)

Nhisname

Dec 6, 2022
Joplin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I loved your family history, full of blessings. I grew up in a small town, married young had 3 children, all married now. Now have 6 grandchildren and 1 great grand. What blessings they are to me. My journey started with the Lord in 1975 and during the hard times is when I trusted him the most.
2 Cor. 12 : 9
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.
I have to say this, we grew up in a time where neighbors were a very important part of life. If there was a need your neighbors were the first to come to your aid. We are Blessed indeed!
In his Love grace abounds, amen

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi folks.
I'd like to get to know the YOU better.
Myself. I grew up very poor in a mixed neighborhood of other very poor folks.

It was like the " Great Depression continued on in my family past the 30's.
There were many times we didn't have running water or electricity but we're blessed with a REAL fire place for heat or kind neighbors who shared their water with us.

In a country that has ups and downs financially, we should be ashamed that any in our country should be WITHOUT.
except by choice.

Neighbors fed and clothed us at times and my momma trapped squirrels and rabbits for us to eat. She worked in fields picking harvest to feed us for she lacked an education except to read and write.

We were loved, and we knew she would do what it took to keep us safe and together.

I grew up and I worked, was educated in college, married and had a family.

I felt at times that same struggle to keep my family together and safe, fed and clothed.

Here I am today waaaaaay older and still below poverty level on my SS after retirement and disabilities.

I don't have much on this earth in life to call of value except for my family and the priceless gift of God.

Let me tell you what, though, I AM BLESSED BEYOND MEASURE!

I have a relationship with the God who is able, whom with NOTHING is impossible and he shares his riches with me.

The most blessed to me is his Holy Writ, the word of God. We are very intimate and he has revealed his desire for me to lay up treasures where months can't get to and destruction of these treasure will never happen.

I'm just an old white woman desiring to know God's family here and to persuade others of his truth that we might one day receive our reward.

Tell me about you!

Disclaimer: this is not a theological debate or discussion thread.( BTW, lol some of yo'uns theology IS FALSE)

• Love
Reactions: Keturah

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I loved your family history, full of blessings. I grew up in a small town, married young had 3 children, all married now. Now have 6 grandchildren and 1 great grand. What blessings they are to me. My journey started with the Lord in 1975 and during the hard times is when I trusted him the most.
2 Cor. 12 : 9
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.
I have to say this, we grew up in a time where neighbors were a very important part of life. If there was a need your neighbors were the first to come to your aid. We are Blessed indeed!
In his Love grace abounds, amen

May his mighty love and blessings be yours beyond heaven obtained!

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How beautiful !

I only knew of the name, but not the person. Then my closest friend sent me a little tik tok clip where she (Maya Angelou) was tellings her story much like you gave done here and it touched me.

Raised by her grandmother- (her father’s mother) after being abandoned, she was abused and discarded. She never even spoke until the age of six. She was called a moron. Stupid. Idiot.

But she taught all over the world.

Reactions: Keturah