Those who sanctify themselves by eating pig’s flesh shall come to an end together

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Isaiah described rebellious idol worshippers in 65:

2 I spread out my hands all the day to a rebellious people, who walk in a way that is not good, following their own devices; 3 a people who provoke me to my face continually, sacrificing in gardens and making offerings on bricks; 4 who sit in tombs, and spend the night in secret places; who eat pig’s flesh, and broth of tainted meat is in their vessels; 5who say, “Keep to yourself, do not come near me, for I am too holy for you.” These are a smoke in my nostrils, a fire that burns all the day.
He continued in 66:

3“He who slaughters an ox is like one who kills a man; he who sacrifices a lamb, like one who breaks a dog’s neck; he who presents a grain offering, like one who offers pig’s blood; he who makes a memorial offering of frankincense, like one who blesses an idol. These have chosen their own ways, and their soul delights in their abominations;
16 For by fire will the LORD enter into judgment, and by his sword, with all flesh; and those slain by the LORD shall be many.
17 Those who sanctify and purify themselves to go into the gardens, following one in the midst,
Who were these people?

They were idol worshippers offering their sacrifices to idols (Isa 65:3).

eating pig’s flesh and the abomination and mice, shall come to an end together, declares the LORD.
Who were these people who ate pork?

Same idol worshippers. Those who sanctify themselves by eating pig’s flesh shall be destroyed.

See also Is it okay to eat pork?.