Those Who Walk Uprightly

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sheila3

Jun 10, 2023
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A sun and a shield! hmmmm, I wonder whether that puts 'everlasting fire' into a particular perspective?
Has nothing to do with any perspective of the Everlasting fire.

Without the sun nothing could live

A Shield is a cover of protection

Towards those who actually walk uprightly ....

Reactions: Debp and Pearl

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

I'm using the Sun as a metaphor and was thinking more of a lateral approach like 'God is a consuming fire' idea.
It appears angels aren't consumed by him and when Jesus appears, his people aren't consumed by him while the unrighteous panic.

The Sun for us is a source of light and warmth. Darkness is also used as a metaphor for distance and ultimately no life.

Reactions: Debp

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

I'm using the Sun as a metaphor and was thinking more of a lateral approach like 'God is a consuming fire' idea.
It appears angels aren't consumed by him and when Jesus appears, his people aren't consumed by him while the unrighteous panic.

The Sun for us is a source of light and warmth. Darkness is also used as a metaphor for distance and ultimately no life.

Reactions: Taken

luterm995

Dec 19, 2023
Munich
Faith
Christian
Country
Germany
“Has nothing to do with any view of the Eternal Flame”: This statement may indicate a lack of connection or dependence between a particular point of view and the symbol of the Eternal Flame, which is often associated with the memory of fallen warriors or great events.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

LIKE!

Son is the light of the World.
Sun is the light of the World.

Nothing natural has light less it be a reflection of the light of the Son.
Nothing natural has light less it be a reflection of the light of the Sun.

Light overcomes Darkness.
Human eyes get snippets of Gods prophecy and great power and glory, (particularly via the weather that God Controls, which effects the earth and it’s inhabitants.)
(An earth quake, a lightening bolt, wind effects on air/water, mountains increase/decrease, etc.)

God said He created and made mankind for His Pleasure. Freewill of man turned Against God. God became Angry. Gods anger waxed hot and He revealed His anger via His Wrath and destroyed the Earth with “Water”.

Gen 6:
[13] And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.
[17] And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die.

Gen.7
[4] For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth.

Part two similitude coming soon…Anger increasing, Wrath of the Lamb, Wrath of God, Earth again destroyed with “Fire.”

Matt 24:
[21] For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

2 Pet 3:
[6] Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
[7] But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

Glory to God,
Taken

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
LIKE!

Son is the light of the World.
Sun is the light of the World.

Nothing natural has light less it be a reflection of the light of the Son.
Nothing natural has light less it be a reflection of the light of the Sun.

Light overcomes Darkness.
Human eyes get snippets of Gods prophecy and great power and glory, (particularly via the weather that God Controls, which effects the earth and it’s inhabitants.)
(An earth quake, a lightening bolt, wind effects on air/water, mountains increase/decrease, etc.)

God said He created and made mankind for His Pleasure. Freewill of man turned Against God. God became Angry. Gods anger waxed hot and He revealed His anger via His Wrath and destroyed the Earth with “Water”.

Gen 6:
[13] And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.
[17] And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die.

Gen.7
[4] For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth.

Part two similitude coming soon…Anger increasing, Wrath of the Lamb, Wrath of God, Earth again destroyed with “Fire.”

Matt 24:
[21] For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

2 Pet 3:
[6] Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
[7] But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

Glory to God,
Taken
The question is, is God the originator of Tribulation or is it Satan?
Does God send inclement weather patterns, earthquakes, volcanos etc. or is it the Prince of the Power of the Air?
Does God destroy or is it The Destroyer? ie, Satan...the one who holds the power of death?

We have seen how God behaves in Jesus.....the only one who knows the Father intimately.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The question is, is God the originator of Tribulation or is it Satan?
Does God send inclement weather patterns, earthquakes, volcanos etc. or is it the Prince of the Power of the Air?
Does God destroy or is it The Destroyer? ie, Satan...the one who holds the power of death?

We have seen how God behaves in Jesus.....the only one who knows the Father intimately.

Tribulation - distress, troubles.
God causes tribulations.
Spiritual angels cause tribulations.
Mankind causes tribulations.

God Created,
God Makes.
God Destroys.
God Re-makes.
God gives Life.
God takes Life.
God divides.
God combines.
God separates.
Good is With God.
Evil is Without God.

Rev. 1:
[18] I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Nothing can be Made anew, until the old is dead.
1 Cor 15:36

The old is natural, (temporary). The new is spiritual (ever-lasting).

Created and Made Humans “hear, learn, practice” in the “natural”, (some freely choosing ) preparing for the “spiritual”, (some freely rejecting ).
(Commandments, precepts)

Luke 18:
[19] And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.

Isa 45:
[7] I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

God has authority over the weather…numerous Scriptures attest to His control over, quakes, winds, rain, snow, etc.

Glory to God,
Taken

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God is the supreme authority.
God can destroy, has and will.
Spiritual angels can and have destroyed.
ManKind can and has destroyed.

God can kill.
Angels can kill.
Man can kill.

Nothing is effected without Gods Authority, to know, to prevent, to allow, to restore, etc.

Good and Evil both work to accomplish Gods Will.

Glory to God,
Taken

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God is the supreme authority.
God can destroy, has and will.
Spiritual angels can and have destroyed.
ManKind can and has destroyed.

God can kill.
Angels can kill.
Man can kill.

Nothing is effected without Gods Authority, to know, to prevent, to allow, to restore, etc.

Good and Evil both work to accomplish Gods Will.

Glory to God,
Taken
it looks like you haven't seen Jesus

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I’ve never claimed to have seen Jesus, so what is the point of your statement?
The point is, that life, ie eternal life, subjectively, is directly dependent on knowing Jesus. I emphasise 'knowing' because the Hebrew sense of this word means 'a visceral experience' in other words, an intimate relationship. It does not mean a purely cognitive understanding as a Greek or Englishman might translate it.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point is, that life, ie eternal life, subjectively, is directly dependent on knowing Jesus. I emphasise 'knowing' because the Hebrew sense of this word means 'a visceral experience' in other words, an intimate relationship. It does not mean a purely cognitive understanding as a Greek or Englishman might translate it.

You said ‘have seen” Jesus.

I know Jesus, and have no clue why you, whom I do not know, think it necessary to make a point to me about knowing Jesus.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You said ‘have seen” Jesus.

I know Jesus, and have no clue why you, whom I do not know, think it necessary to make a point to me about knowing Jesus.
I have made the point because it is clear you have not understood the word 'see or seen'