Thoughts on Police Lying During Interrogations?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Believe in Jesus Christ with faith alone and be permanently saved. All murderers will have their sin of murder washed away and all other sins by believing in Christ Jesus with faith alone and gaining permanent salvation, permanent life. And thus all people will go to Heaven.
Titus 2:11 For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all people.

Romans 13:1-7 Everyone must submit to governing authorities. For all authority comes from God, and those in
positions of authority have been placed there by God. 2 So anyone who rebels against authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and they will be punished. 3 For the authorities do not strike fear in people who are doing right, but in those who are doing wrong. Would you like to live without fear of the authorities? Do what is right, and they will honor you. 4 The authorities are God’s servants, sent for your good. But if you are doing wrong, of course you should be afraid, for they have the power to punish you. They are God’s servants, sent for the very purpose of punishing those who do what is wrong. 5 So you must submit to them, not only to avoid punishment, but also to keep a clear conscience.

As the Bible tell us, we should obey the Law of God, and obey the Law of God that is set out in our own governments through the words of men. However, what happens when the law of men contradicts that law of God? Then, we must obey the Law of God. In some countries, spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ was illegal, however the prophets continued to spread the good news of Christ Jesus saving all people through faith alone in Him, all becoming believers in Christ and going to Heaven, even when it was illegal and they were persecuted, and that was good, because they obeyed the Law of God rather than the Law of Men.

Matthew 14:3 Now Herod had arrested John and bound him and put him in prison because of Herodias, his brother Philip’s wife,
Matthew 4:12 When Jesus heard that John had been put in prison, he withdrew to Galilee.

Or the scenario when an angel frees an apostle from prison so they can go back to spreading the Gospel

Acts 5:18-20 18 They arrested the apostles and put them in the public jail. 19 But during the night an angel of the Lord opened the doors of the jail and brought them out. 20 “Go, stand in the temple courts,” he said, “and tell the people all about this new life.”

Acts 5:29 But Peter and the apostles answered, “We must obey God rather than men.”

One such example is restrictive laws against evangelism placed by the evil Vladmir Putin, who has directed the mass genocide of many Ukrainians, kidnapping of many Ukrainian children, mass torture, mass destruction.
Preaching the Gospel Is Now Illegal in Russia, Can We Still Be a Light?
Psalm 11:5 The Lord tests the righteous and the wicked, And the one who loves violence His soul hates.

I respect police officers and the police force for their works in maintaining order and justice. They go through great lengths to stop crime and to put an end to many great evils, such as arresting actual murderers. They can serve as a too of good in order to maintain righteousness, peace and tranquility for a population.

However, difficulty can arise when an innocent person is falsely charged as guilty when they are not due to falling for police deception where a police officer lies about having evidence that they don’t have knowingly.

Disclaimer: This is not legal advice. I am not a lawyer, I am not a law firm. Please seek official legal counsel for any advice on laws as they can vary depending on your jurisdiction. This is my interpretation of the following article:
Five Facts About Police Deception and Youth You Should Know
Thus, as per the above article link, it explains the following

The law is it’s own language. Let’s say you don’t speak German, and a German person accuses you of committing a crime you did not commit, you need a German person to talk on your behalf, to support you. That’s like what a lawyer does.

Scenario: The police persecute you of the crime of murder. You are completely innocent to this crime, you did not murder. What do you do?

First, you should state that “I have the right to remain silent”.

You: I have the right to remain silent
Police: You being silent just makes you look more guilty. This is your only chance to give us your side of the story. We’re here to help you out, just tell us what happened so we can sort this all through and you can go on your way.
You: (starts to explain the situation). Then you possible get convicted.

Then your right to remain silent under the Fifth Amendment is removed, because you didn’t stay silent. You have to stay silent.

Police: Hello!
You: I have the right to remain silent.
Police: No reply to my greeting? Such rudeness, you lack cordial nature. Say nothing if you’re the murderer. Ok, you’re the murderer. You look thirsty, want a glass of water? Just say yes or no? How about some free food, you look hungry. Need to go to the washroom? Just say the word!

The police can lie to you during an interrogation.

Police: We have video proof of you murdering someone.
You: What you did? Maybe I did it accidentally. Sorry, guess I’m a murderer. :(

Young people are especially vulnerable. If you were drinking alcohol, you might start to question yourself and think you murdered while drunk, unknowingly.

Police: Exact video/audio transcripts confirm this. We have multiple eye witness testimonies. We even saw you commit the crime. Your parents, your siblings and family members have all confessed that they saw you commit this crime. Either we can go through the court process, show all these already existing proofs, and lock you up, or… you can confess your guilty already and we will give you a lesser punishment. A plea deal/bargain arrangement. It’ll save both of us a lot of trouble, so just tell us the truth already!
You: …

Yes, the police can lie all they want legally due to the precedent set by the 1969 Frazier v. Cupp case, where the U.S. Supreme Court ruled in favour of allowing a false confession where police lied about someone’s cousin already confessing and implicating the person of the crime,

Fifth Amendment: Right to Remain Silent

Thus, I rebuke any police officers that break the commandment of “not bearing false witness”!
Exodus 20:16 You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.

I rebuke police deception when it is used to falsely accuse an innocent person of a crime that they did not commit through a lie where the police have full knowledge that it’s indeed a lie and it’s used as an evil trick an innocent person. And I praise the police for, in cases of righteousness, upholding the law of God and maintaining peaceful social order for the good benefit of the population, thank you my friends :)

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My advice is based on the advice of the attorney my wife worked for.......

State your name, then state "I need to talk to my attorney."

If you believe they can keep beating on you .....You are a bigger fool than the one being accused.