Three Christian Gospels Today

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
There are at least three distantly different Christian gospels, that I see on this site. Here's how I describe them.

One is the perfection gospel of beginning newborn all of God and staying that way. Our justification and resurrection from the dead is judged by our works at the end.

One is the sinning gospel of converting while still sinning and continuing to sin unto death. Our justification and resurrection is judged only by our faith alone, and never has anything to do with any works we do at any time.

One is the moderate sinning gospel of converting whiles still sinning and continuing to sin unto death. But our justification and resurrection is only judged by our works being too sinful.

I choose the first. I at least have respect for the consistency of the second, and the third I call the moderate gospel, that I don't have any respect for. It's a lukewarm take on letting our moderation be known unto all men, that would include our sinning.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the POWER OF GOD UNTO SALVATION to everyone that BELIEVETH; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
Romans 1:16

Galatians 1
1 Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead.
2 And all the brethren which are with me, unto the churches of Galatia:
3 Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ,
4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:
5 To whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7 Which is not another; but there be SOME that trouble you,and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.
11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation Jesus Christ.

There are many that corrupt and pervert the true word of God, his character, and his plan.
Christ came to bring redemption to fallen man, by the will of God. The ONLY propitiation for the forgiveness of sin is found through the personage of Jesus !

John 3:16/18
18] He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19] And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the POWER OF GOD UNTO SALVATION to everyone that BELIEVETH; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Galatians 1
1 Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead.
3 Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ,
4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:
6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7 Which is not another; but there be SOME that trouble you,and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.
11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation Jesus Christ.

There are many that corrupt and pervert the true word of God, his character, and his plan.
Christ came to bring redemption to fallen man, by the will of God. The ONLY propitiation for the forgiveness of sin is found through the personage of Jesus !

18] He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19] And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
Is this the power over God to not see our sins??? ...to blind Him?

Or is it the power to overcome sin to walk as Jesus walked...by grace?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There are at least three distantly different Christian gospels, that I see on this site. Here's how I describe them.

One is the perfection gospel of beginning newborn all of God and staying that way. Our justification and resurrection from the dead is judged by our works at the end.

One is the sinning gospel of converting while still sinning and continuing to sin unto death. Our justification and resurrection is judged only by our faith alone, and never has anything to do with any works we do at any time.

One is the moderate sinning gospel of converting whiles still sinning and continuing to sin unto death. But our justification and resurrection is only judged by our works being too sinful.

I choose the first. I at least have respect for the consistency of the second, and the third I call the moderate gospel, that I don't have any respect for. It's a lukewarm take on letting our moderation be known unto all men, that would include our sinning.
Your perfection gospel is the one that is closest to the truth. However, we will all fail that gospel...going in and out of the Spirit until we are ready to fully surrender to the Lord and His ways.

When we are ready, the power of the cross crucifies (renders ineffective) the sin factory that is in our flesh, so that it is no longer the carnal outer man in control...but the inner man of faith that comes to life in submission to God whose power we are now under. (under the power of grace)

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Galatians 1

Amen! The gospel is the "good news" of the death, burial and resurrection of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4) and is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that BELIEVES.. (Romans 1:16) To "believe" the gospel is to trust in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of our salvation.

As for those who corrupt and pervert the true word of God, his character, and His plan by perverting the gospel: 2 Corinthians 4:3 - But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: 4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Amen! The gospel is the "good news" of the death, burial and resurrection of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4) and is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that BELIEVES.. (Romans 1:16) To "believe" the gospel is to trust in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of our salvation.

As for those who corrupt and pervert the true word of God, his character, and His plan by perverting the gospel: 2 Corinthians 4:3 - But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: 4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
Trusting that Jesus will receive you just like the Pharisees trusted that Moses would receive them.

What part of you is trusting? Isn't that the part that needs to be crucified with Christ? The part of you that wants to be saved....

He who wishes to save his life will lose it. We have to surrender to God to be taken up into the walk that is by grace through faith...the higher walk above sin.

Reactions: Laurina

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trusting that Jesus will receive you just like the Pharisees trusted that Moses would receive them.

What part of you is trusting? Isn't that the part that needs to be crucified with Christ? The part of you that wants to be saved....

He who wishes to save his life will lose it. We have to surrender to God to be taken up into the walk that is by grace through faith...the higher walk above sin.
Speak of the devil.

• Love
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Speak of the devil.
He does not understand the gospel.

Christ does not receive us until we receive him..

He stands at the door and knocks. we have to let him in.

Its funny how people think that while Jesus is knocking they have to start walking this so called holy life and do all these works.. and maybe he will then come in. and they are so busy they never open the door to let Jesus in.

Then they die and its too late

Reactions: mailmandan

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He does not understand the gospel.

Christ does not receive us until we receive him..

He stands at the door and knocks. we have to let him in.

Its funny how people think that while Jesus is knocking they have to start walking this so called holy life and do all these works.. and maybe he will then come in. and they are so busy they never open the door to let Jesus in.

Then they die and its too late
1 Corinthians 1:18 - For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

• Love
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 1:18 - For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
look at history. Since Adam people have been trying to get to God by their works of righteousness. and how good they are. while slamming and judging sinners who understand their situation and recieve Gods grace.

yet people STILL fall for the same lie of Satan

Reactions: mailmandan