To all that by faith would have it….

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Galatians 6:16 (NASB20)
And all who will follow this rule, peace and mercy be upon them, and upon the Israel of God.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To follow what rule, what standard, what ideal is Paul putting forth as that which needs to be walked in and adhered to…?

That would be the truth Paul had just put forth in the verse;

Galatians 6:14 (NASB20)
But far be it from me to boast, except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

Then to emphasize this truth;

Galatians 6:15 (NASB20)
For neither is circumcision anything, nor uncircumcision, but a new creation.

Seeing, as scripture says, ‘all things have become new’, the new creation therefore becomes the thing that now has standing before God…... No outward thing, nothing of the fallen creation has any standing left before God, it has all been given over to die the death…. It is now the new creation and it coming to life, that is God’s work in the life, which life, is brought forth by one’s believing that the world is crucified to them and they to the world…..

This is the standard Paul is putting forth… For we are called to live by believing that God might really and truly free one from sin in the time of this life… This is not following after imaginations or cleverly devised fables, but a real believing, in a real God, that He might work His work of wonders… Then the blessings that follow, ‘peace and mercy upon them’, putting forth the truth, that until one adheres to this rule, one will not know this peace and mercy, but always striving for this place of rest… Which place will only be found by having the faith that holds onto the truth of the world being crucified to one and that one being crucified to the world…

For we are to walk and live by faith… Which faith is the faith Paul kept until the end when he could say; ‘I have fought the good fight, I have kept the faith’… That is, he kept believing that when Christ died he died that he might be a new creation, the new creation being the only thing that can make the transition into the next….

‘Because Jesus did die, and I with Him’….

The heart that will embrace these words, will find that His life will be given to all that by faith would have it…

In the Beloved, Not me

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Galatians 6:16 (NASB20)
And all who will follow this rule, peace and mercy be upon them, and upon the Israel of God.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To follow what rule, what standard, what ideal is Paul putting forth as that which needs to be walked in and adhered to…?

That would be the truth Paul had just put forth in the verse;

Galatians 6:14 (NASB20)
But far be it from me to boast, except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

Then to emphasize this truth;

Galatians 6:15 (NASB20)
For neither is circumcision anything, nor uncircumcision, but a new creation.

Seeing, as scripture says, ‘all things have become new’, the new creation therefore becomes the thing that now has standing before God…... No outward thing, nothing of the fallen creation has any standing left before God, it has all been given over to die the death…. It is now the new creation and it coming to life, that is God’s work in the life, which life, is brought forth by one’s believing that the world is crucified to them and they to the world…..

This is the standard Paul is putting forth… For we are called to live by believing that God might really and truly free one from sin in the time of this life… This is not following after imaginations or cleverly devised fables, but a real believing, in a real God, that He might work His work of wonders… Then the blessings that follow, ‘peace and mercy upon them’, putting forth the truth, that until one adheres to this rule, one will not know this peace and mercy, but always striving for this place of rest… Which place will only be found by having the faith that holds onto the truth of the world being crucified to one and that one being crucified to the world…

For we are to walk and live by faith… Which faith is the faith Paul kept until the end when he could say; ‘I have fought the good fight, I have kept the faith’… That is, he kept believing that when Christ died he died that he might be a new creation, the new creation being the only thing that can make the transition into the next….

‘Because Jesus did die, and I with Him’….

The heart that will embrace these words, will find that His life will be given to all that by faith would have it…

In the Beloved, Not me
Hi @Not me Do you have any ideas about who 'the Israel of God' is?