"to The Ends Of The Earth.."

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Hey...this could be a really dumb thought...you know, one that is blindingly obvious to everyone else (making me unfortunately slow!) but:
Remember in Matthew 24:14 Jesus says: "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come."
Now, I'm not one to try and guess dates, that's just dumb and begging for failure, but I suppose I have always assumed there are certain things that we can say has/has not happened yet.
We always say that through use of radio and missionaries that the gospel is reaching more people than ever. But it occurred to me today, that many places that us 'western' societies are sending said missionaries actually had the gospel long before we did. Think of it...in Acts, when the church was growing in leaps and bounds, it was in many of the countries we now label as predominantly Islam. Philip baptised a powerful official from Ethiopia, one in the queens court and so he would have been influencial. The gospel through Paul spread through Asia minor (Turkey) and up through Europe. Then think of our history. Christianity was in Europe/Britain which led it to the Americas.
Anyway, my point is that geographically, the gospel has made it throughout the whole world. People will always continue to be born that thanks to false religions, government control or poverty that restricts outside connection, will not have heard the gospel.
We should never stop trying to reach others with the Good News, but it does make me wonder just how soon the end may be.

Shawn E. Bekaert

Oct 23, 2010
Well Many people say it could be today, tomorrow, next week, next month, next year, or even 50 years from now. Me I think that's a good way to see it. Just love and praise the lord spread his teachings to any who would listen and just believe.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
The whole "if I knew the end of the world was tomorrow, I'd still plant a tree today" thing. Yup, totally agree. But I love living in the light of heaven, knowing that every day, be it a joy or a heartache, that heaven and Jesus is my ultimate goal. And while I don't go nuts on prophecy as some do, the Day of the Lord is talked of enough throughout the Bible to warrant some study and thought I think. But instead of arguing pre-trib/post-trib, I like looking at what Jesus Himself said:
Luke 21:34 tells us to keep watch. Not perhaps to leap to conclusions, but watch the world around us...
Matthew 24:4-14 tells us of many terrifying things that will take place during the Last Days (which we have been in since Jesus went back into heaven). Earthquakes, famines, wars, false Christs, persecution. These things have happened constantly for the last 2000 years and are a sign that history is progressing towards its final ending...Jesus' return. While horrifying, these things can give us hope as we know that just as the "birth pangs" that Jesus mentions, as they get more and more severe and closer together we draw closer to our final glorious home!
Luke 21:28 "When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near."
The things that He talks of? In Matthew He says that the gospel will be preached in the whole world, then the end will come. In Mark and Luke He talks of wondrous and terrifying signs in the skies-the moon and sun and stars. Men will quake in fear and then see the Son of Man coming on the clouds.

Anyway, my point is not that the world will end soon, no one knows that...Jesus may be back before I finish typing or not for another 1000 years! But I do enjoy thinking about it all and keeping watch!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
But what if one appears on earth doing great wonders and miracles like Jesus did that makes alll the Churches think Christ has come, and they tell us that one has come to gather us to him? For a Christian that doesn't know the signs for the end which God gave in His Word, what would they most be apt to do?

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Jesus tells us that when He returns that ALL will know. I we have to hear it from someone else, or have even a tiny doubt of any 'signs and miracles', then it is NOT Jesus! His return will be so awesome, so huge that everyone everywhere will immediately know that Jesus is God...every knee shall bow!
So in the meantime if we hear or see signs and miracles, we test, always test, by the bible! Does said miracles honor God? Bring glory to God? Do they contradict the Bible? Then they are not of God, but satan.
As far as Christians being misled, this is grievous, and is one reason why all Christians should read their Bibles and be in close fellowship with a Bible believing church. Alone it can be easy to be led astray, but when we have brothers and sisters they can help us stay on the correct path.
Ultimately, in regards to a persons salvation, it is in Gods hands. He is sovereign and Jesus has said that those He chooses, He will not let go of. If we truly love Jesus we need to pray that He opens our eyes to deceptions around us, and then just trust Him!!