Total Obscurity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greats of history do good on a large scale and we remember their names. It's so like me to run ahead of God and want to do something big.

What if the Lord has called me to a quiet life? What if I died to my dreams to come alive to Christ in total obscurity?

What if my calling is to wipe counters to the glory of God and get no recognition? Is that okay with me if God is my only audience? If He is pleased, does anything else matter?

This world matters not, only the amount of Christ that has been, and is being formed in one is of any value…

For that value is the glory that will be revealed…. For the saying goes; the one with the most toys does not win, but the one with the most Christ does….

Be it all of Him and nothing of us, blessings, Not me :)

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Greats of history do good on a large scale and we remember their names. It's so like me to run ahead of God and want to do something big.

What if the Lord has called me to a quiet life? What if I died to my dreams to come alive to Christ in total obscurity?

What if my calling is to wipe counters to the glory of God and get no recognition? Is that okay with me if God is my only audience? If He is pleased, does anything else matter?
musing? This will be fine with me personally.

Reactions: Nancy and Wynona

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..What if the Lord has called me to a quiet life? What if I died to my dreams to come alive to Christ in total obscurity?

Monks and nuns are happy to live their lives in 'obscurity', whatever floats yer boat..:)
And as a young teenager, Chief of the General Staff Colin Powell started out in life in the obscure job of sweeping out the local store, but the owner noticed and said "You sweep pretty good kid" and gave him a raise.
Likewise Jesus notices all us Christians and will speak our names to God with his own lips, no 'obscurity' there..:)
Jesus said-"Say you're mine in front of people, and I'll say I'm yours in front of my Father" (Matthew 10:32)

Reactions: Wynona