Tough Texts for Calvinists

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have nothing to say about Bill Clinton, but concerning Arthur Pink, if you really think that of him, then unless you are dyslexic, I rather thing that you have never read anything by him:

'The words of the wise are like goads, and the words of scholars are like well-driven nails, given by one Shepherd' (Ecclesiastes 12:11). I know verse 12 goes on to say that 'much study is wearisome to the flesh' but Christians are led by the Spirit and should not be wearied by studying the word of God with the help of wise scholars.

Assumptive. I have read several arguments of Pink's. He is so obviously jaded by his philosophy that he is not reliable as a Biblical expositor. He is, without a doubt, a brilliant logician, a masterful writer, a compelling debater. His focus is not expository, but polemic in its effort to prove Calvinism. He never misses a chance to use Scripture for these means. The Bible for Pink is an example of focused confirmation bias.

Do we twist the natural and obvious meaning of "the whole world" to merely reduce it to the Elect? Do we make "all" in a passage which contextually and naturally means "everyone" to only mean "all the Elect"? You are correct; I do not read very much of Pink's writings (though I have four of his books in my library). This is by willful choice... I can only take his biased nonsense so much.

As I read any writer, I look for sound exposition and any signs of obvious bias. Pink is not alone, there are many brilliant writers that wield a strong influence that pass their philosophy off as "Biblical exposition."

Reactions: Taken

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do we twist the natural and obvious meaning of "the whole world" to merely reduce it to the Elect? Do we make "all" in a passage which contextually and naturally means "everyone" to only mean "all the Elect"?
Probably.

Steve Owen

Oct 13, 2019
Exmouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Assumptive. I have read several arguments of Pink's. He is so obviously jaded by his philosophy that he is not reliable as a Biblical expositor. He is, without a doubt, a brilliant logician, a masterful writer, a compelling debater. His focus is not expository, but polemic in its effort to prove Calvinism. He never misses a chance to use Scripture for these means. The Bible for Pink is an example of focused confirmation bias.
Well, if you've read him you obviously haven't understood him.
Do we twist the natural and obvious meaning of "the whole world" to merely reduce it to the Elect?
No, we (and by this I mean Pink and I) look at the usage of 'the world' and 'the whole world' and observe that the words 'all the people of' do not often appear in connection with them. To write them in is polemic. Pink, as I quoted him in the O.P., is in agreement with the various lexicons; not only Thayer, but also Vine and BDAG.

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, if you've read him you obviously haven't understood him.

The problem is, I can read the Bible and not muddy those things which are clear, and differentiate philosophical heresy from what is in the Bible. Obviously, I understand Pink.

Reactions: Taken

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pink, as I quoted him in the O.P., is in agreement with the various lexicons; not only Thayer, but also Vine and BDAG.

And where in any lexicon does it agree with you or Pink saying that "world] or [kosmos] is limited to the Elect, or limited to believers, and never to the whole of humanity? Direct quote please!

Steve Owen

Oct 13, 2019
Exmouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And where in any lexicon does it agree with you or Pink saying that "world] or [kosmos] is limited to the Elect, or limited to believers, and never to the whole of humanity? Direct quote please!
Where has Pink, in the extract I posted, claimed that 'world' is limited to to the Elect or to believers? And where have I claimed that?
In fact, Pink (and I) have declared that kosmos sometimes means all the people in the world. It's right here:
Martin Marprelate said:
“Kosmos” is used of the whole human race: Rom. 3: 19, etc.—”Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.”
Each usage of kosmos must be judged by the context and by other portions of the Bible. What I have done is claim that God is not propitiated towards every person in the whole world, and therefore that kosmos in 1 John 2:2 cannot mean 'all the people in the whole world.'

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus ended the Law, no more shall anyone be judged by the Law of Works. Now, we are under the Law of faith.
Nothing that God implements will be to no avail. Christ fulfilled the Law, therefore, was able to both end it, and give Glory to God for His perfect Law, and for demanding that man obey it - in complete refutation to what you attempted to affirm.

DPMartin, I barely understood a word that you said, to the point that I am convinced that English is not your first language. I'm not being disparaging if you are ESL, but I am, if you're not. Because, you just blurted out a bunch of seemingly important principles, but that could not be followed, in order to even comment on.
But, from what I was able to extract from what you said, I deem as as complete and utter nonsense, entirely.

you still don't get it and maybe you never will, or you're just trying to get responses and willing to say anything to accomplish that.

Jesus did not end the law He fulfilled it, and teaches what shall become of those who are against it, like you're doing:

Mat 5:17  Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 
Mat 5:18  For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 
Mat 5:19  Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 

since Jesus says one should teach them then the law is not ended is it? so what you are saying according to the Word of God is bogus and possibly deceiving. and most defiantly contrary to the Word of God.

and again by your postings you really don't understand what Jesus did and why. the power of Life to give Life (Word of God) came from Heaven into the kingdom of death (man's domain, the world) and over came death within the kingdom of death. so that the faithful to God may live the Life God originally gave Adam and Eve. hence the faithful restored into God Presence forever.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
you still don't get it and maybe you never will, or you're just trying to get responses and willing to say anything to accomplish that.

Jesus did not end the law He fulfilled it, and teaches what shall become of those who are against it, like you're doing:

Mat 5:17  Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 
Mat 5:18  For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 
Mat 5:19  Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 

since Jesus says one should teach them then the law is not ended is it? so what you are saying according to the Word of God is bogus and possibly deceiving. and most defiantly contrary to the Word of God.

and again by your postings you really don't understand what Jesus did and why. the power of Life to give Life (Word of God) came from Heaven into the kingdom of death (man's domain, the world) and over came death within the kingdom of death. so that the faithful to God may live the Life God originally gave Adam and Eve. hence the faithful restored into God Presence forever.
The moral Law remains, it was before the Levitical Law. Jesus ended the Mosaic law, and thus, we are not under condemnation for disobeying the Law anymore, but we are if we reject Christ. The Law has been abrogated, rescinded and rendered impotent and invalid, and has been superseded by the Law of Faith, by the Grace of God.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus fulfilled all of God's Laws, as well as the Ceremonial Laws!! This is one of many commands (613?) believers do NOT go to Jerusalem three times a year!!!!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know Steve, no one here is advocating antinomianism. God's command for all people, throughout all epochs, dispensations and covenants, is be Holy, as I am holy. No two ways about it, a universal law for now, and for eternity. I'm merely explaining my understanding of how the Levitical Law work, and what it signified. It was meant to establish righteousness, but not as the perfect means, for, as intended, it exposed sin more than it alleviated it.

Inherently, Law does this, and God knew it. Thus, due to it's imperfection on many levels (continuous sacrifices), it was meant to be superseded by a more righteous Law, that of Faith (Hebrews).
Rituals and regiments, don't reveal the depth of one's heart, for even a charlatan can comply, since the requirements are strictly mechanical. But faith truly exposes what is in one's heart. It reveals one's desire for justice and righteousness, despite their lack of ability to perform and act accordingly.

God is exonerating us based on intent and aspiration, not on performance. Believing in Christ implies all these characteristics i.e. acknowledgement of God's displeasure with sin, recognizing His grace and mercy, and appreciates the unfathomable love and devotion that Christ, the son, had for both His Father, and ours.

"It was meant to establish righteousness, but not as the perfect means, for, as intended, it exposed sin more than it alleviated it."

I always looked at the "Law" as a way of recognizing what sin actually is. And like Paul, the Law caused him to covet all the more. It's like telling a child he cannot have something, he want's it all the more!
And, thank you God for "Hebrews" :)

"Rituals and regiments, don't reveal the depth of one's heart, for even a charlatan can comply, since the requirements are strictly mechanical. But faith truly exposes what is in one's heart. It reveals one's desire for justice and righteousness, despite their lack of ability to perform and act accordingly."

Rituals and regiments simply create outward clones, and go, maybe skin deep? If that. And yes, ones desire for justice and righteousness are not measured according to their abilities. Glad He calls the "un-qualified" and He qualifies the called..

"God is exonerating us based on intent and aspiration, not on performance. Believing in Christ implies all these characteristics i.e. acknowledgement of God's displeasure with sin, recognizing His grace and mercy, and appreciates the unfathomable love and devotion that Christ, the son, had for both His Father, and ours."

IMO, motive will be huge! We should all be asking ourselves these questions, do we hate sin as He does? Do we give thanks for His un-deserved grace? His mercies that are brand new every day? Do we obey Him to the point where we can say without hesitation "we love Him"? I fall short in several areas here but, will not quit this race. :)
In Him,
Nancy

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

At this time He hadn't nailed it to the cross.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I always looked at the "Law" as a way of recognizing what sin actually is. And like Paul, the Law caused him to covet all the more. It's like telling a child he cannot have something, he want's it all the more!
And, thank you God for "Hebrews"
Yes, the 'forbidden fruit' syndrome. A type of reverse psychology.
Rituals and regiments simply create outward clones, and go, maybe skin deep? If that. And yes, ones desire for justice and righteousness are not measured according to their abilities. Glad He calls the "un-qualified" and He qualifies the called..
Yes, it's a very superficial adherence. Just because one does not physically harm another, does not necessarily mean that they actually love them.
God redeems based on desire and will, and repentance, not on perfection. ...well said, your last sentence.

IMO, motive will be huge! We should all be asking ourselves these questions, do we hate sin as He does? Do we give thanks for His un-deserved grace? His mercies that are brand new every day? Do we obey Him to the point where we can say without hesitation "we love Him"? I fall short in several areas here but, will not quit this race.
Agreed, at least the Law does reveal to us what we have to be grateful for, i.e. grace, and all that comes with it. Outside of that, I can barely tolerate the contemplation of just how bad I fall short, and to what degree.
Here's Nancy, to making it to the end of the race....
Thanks!

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, the 'forbidden fruit' syndrome. A type of reverse psychology.

Yes, it's a very superficial adherence. Just because one does not physically harm another, does not necessarily mean that they actually love them.
God redeems based on desire and will, and repentance, not on perfection. ...well said, your last sentence.

Agreed, at least the Law does reveal to us what we have to be grateful for, i.e. grace, and all that comes with it. Outside of that, I can barely tolerate the contemplation of just how bad I fall short, and to what degree.
Here's Nancy, to making it to the end of the race....
Thanks!

"Outside of that, I can barely tolerate the contemplation of just how bad I fall short..."
You and I both brother. Although, I try not to contemplate the falling short too deep or I'll never get out of the hole! Lol...I do know what you mean here, for sure.

Cheers to the race of our lifetimes!! May we make it to the end with our faith intact...here, here!! Lol.

Thank you for the reply :)

Reactions: DNB

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tough Texts for Calvinists
OP ^

Not sure what all Calvinists Core Belief is. The "tough" texts seem to be featuring Salvation, or who shall be Saved, and Who shall not be Saved.

My belief is:
Concerning Predestination;
* God Knows All...Man Does Not.
* God OFFERS to All.
* God KNOWS who will and Who will Not accept His OFFERING.
* God has Preparations Made for All.
* Every Individual, who has Opportunity to Hear Gods OFFERING....has FREEWILL to Accept or Reject Gods Offering.
* God Knows Who Will Accept and Who Will Reject His Offering....man does Not.

Facts given a man To Know:
All bodies of men ARE FLESH.
The LIFE of the FLESH is its Blood.
* All Flesh...becomes Alive Via, Gods LIFE, in a Soul, imparted, via, Gods Breath, into the Flesh man.
* All Flesh..."Shall" Die.
* Gods Breath (Life), in a soul, in a Flesh man, (departs out From Dying Flesh).
* Gods Breath (Life) remains in the soul, until Judgement Day.
* A Saved soul, WAITS, with God, in Heaven for Judgement Day.
* An UN-Saved soul, WAITS, in Without God, in Hell for Judgement Day.

Concerning the "spirit" of man.
* Natural man, has a Natural Truth, which IS the NATURAL spirit of Natural FLESH man.
* Natural man's Truth, is his True thought in his Heart. That mans Truth, may be kept secret (known only to him and God)...may be shared with others, if he chooses, may be the Same OR Complete Opposite of what that mans Carnal Mind believes.
* it is a man's Natural spirit, in his Heart, that is "Acceptable to God"...IF and WHEN a man ELECTS to Freely Make a VOW of Belief "IN" the Lord God Almighty "TO" the Lord God Almighty.
* A "True" heartfelt, Natural "spirit" Confession of a man TO God...is Always Accepted By God.
* Immediately/quickly...(without water, without fireworks, without anyone witnessing)...The Spirit of the Lord God Almighty ...
* Spiritually Kills that Flesh Body.
* Restores (Saves) that man soul.
* QUICKENS (brings into Everlasting Life), i.e.: Born Again; that mans "spirit".
* By/How... circumcising, the man's heart (giving the man a NEW Heart), His SEED, (planted in the new Heart), His SEED is Gods TRUTH...which Grows, continually receiving Gods Truth, From Gods Spirit that Enters and Remains IN that NEW Heart.
* That is What Jesus Came to Offer...
* * an Acceptable Spiritual FLESH Death
NOW.
** an Acceptable Soul Restoration NOW.
** an Acceptible Spirit Quickening NOW..
*** BEFORE...
"Physical" Bodily Blood Death.

The "NEWNESS" of this ^ Offer, Contrasts with what was Offered, to OT man.
** In that OT men, HAD To Physically Die, BEFORE... Being Assured of Receiving "Restoration/Salvation of their soul...or Quickening (receiving Gods SEED to both them a NEW spirit.)

Jesus was Sent and Brought to mankind a "Better" Testament... that Once and Forever any man could Choose with "Guarantee" (surety) of their Eternal Destiny...with or without the Lord God Almighty...
"Before" their Physical Death.

The Primary CHANGE...
* In Ancient days...man Had to KEEP his faithfulness To God...by his OWN natural "power"
* Since Jesus' Day...His Offer INCLUDES...the Spirit / Power of God With-IN a man, that Forever KEEPS a man Faithful...thus the guarantee ...that man...Will NEVER "Again" STAND Against or Reject God.

Heb 7:
[
22] By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament.

*All will Believe or Commit during their own blood FLESH life? No.
*All will be Saved? No.
*All will be Quickened forever? No.
*All will be raised Bodily and soul (VOID their Blood)? Yes.
*All those raised Body's (Void of Blood), and souls will Profess Belief and Worship by bowing to the Lord? Yes.
* Those who Rejected, while alive in their Flesh Blood will be Saved? No.
* Those who Rejected, while alive in their Flesh Blood, Received an Forever Living Born Again "spirit"? No.

God is Just and Full of Mercy...
Even those men who Reject Him...By Gods Grace and Mercy, God DOES NOT give them an Everlasting "spirit", that they "Live" Spiritually Forever, separated From God.

Everything hinges on What God Offers and What an individual man Accepts...or Not...and Truly Only that individual and God knows. Those who observe others, have indications. However an individual has to the moment of his Physical Death to solicited and ELECT to Choose God.

Glory to God,
Taken

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing makes a person want to hear what you have to say like a strong opening that claims “I am smart and you all are ignorant, so listen up!” ...[/QUOTE]

Your reply and comments were not warranted. If I wanted to say what you had suggested I would have said it!

What I wrote was written with love, and sometimes strong words are necessary.

To God Be The Glory

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[QUOTE="Taken, post: 731296, member: 7756"]Not sure what all Calvinists Core Belief is. The "tough" texts seem to be featuring Salvation, or who shall be Saved, and Who shall not be Saved.

And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus for he shall save his people (elect/saved) from their sins (Matthew 1:21).

My belief is:

True! God knows the end from the beginning.

* God OFFERS to All.
No!! only to those He elected and chosen (predestined) to salvation before the foundation of the world (John 13:18; 15:16) (John 6:44; 37)

True! However, God will only save His elect (Matthew 1:21).

Yes, some to salvation and others to damnation. God declared: "Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated."

* Every Individual, who has Opportunity to Hear Gods OFFERING....has FREEWILL to Accept or Reject Gods Offering.
Free will is alien to the Bible and never taught in Scripture! Please read Post #25

* God Knows Who Will Accept and Who Will Reject His Offering....man does Not.[/QUOTE]

The rest of your post contains some truths but mostly misunderstandings of Scripture!

To God Be The Glory

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[QUOTE="Taken, post: 731296, member: 7756"]Not sure what all Calvinists Core Belief is. The "tough" texts seem to be featuring Salvation, or who shall be Saved, and Who shall not be Saved.

And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus for he shall save his people (elect/saved) from their sins (Matthew 1:21).

My belief is:

True! God knows the end from the beginning.

* God OFFERS to All.
No!! only to those He elected and chosen (predestined) to salvation before the foundation of the world (John 13:18; 15:16) (John 6:44; 37)

True! However, God will only save His elect (Matthew 1:21).

Yes, some to salvation and others to damnation. God declared: "Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated."

Free will is alien to the Bible and never taught in Scripture! Please read Post #25

* God Knows Who Will Accept and Who Will Reject His Offering....man does Not.

The rest of your post contains some truths but mostly misunderstandings of Scripture!

To God Be The Glory[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your comments and Welcome to the forum.

Point 1) Offering;

John 6:
[51] I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

Heb 10:
[10] By the which will we are sanctified through theoffering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

* Offering to the WHOLE world, to ALL...is an OFFERING to Every Person.

Point 2) Freewill of man.

Josh 24:
[15] And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD,choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Prov 16:
[9] A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps.

Duet 30:
[19] I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

The Lord God Provides the WAY.
He provides Knowledge, which gives all men OPTION to "Freely" CHOOSE/ ELECT/ PICK The Lord God .... or Not.

It is based on: man being Given Knowledge, to Know his Options...and a man Choosing what the man Elects to Choose.

God Forces NO ONE to Believe IN HIM, Or LOVE Him.

Man, being created in Gods LIKENESS...neither can FORCE another to Believe in them or Love them.

God provides knowledge About Himself, that a man MIGHT freely choose to Believe in Him, Choose to Love Him...and men do the Same.

Point 3) Predestination

^ THAT is About WHAT God Knows...and every individual man Does NOT "YET" Know.

You did not Pre- Know every thought, idea, decision, you would hear, learn, decide from the day of your Natural Birth...(but God DID).
God Knew...IF "You"...and every other individual...would or would NOT "choose" Him.

God "pre- knew"... every man Who would Teeter...sit on the fence wavering, believing one day, not the next...He knew every man who would Follow and Learn His Way, and every man who would Feel no need of Him, Reject Him...
Rejection DID NOT STOP God from His Mercy and He being Just ... To "OFFER" to "All" men, the Knowledge of Him and His WAY...for Every Man to Freely CHOOSE...or REJECT His Offer.

He FORCES no one.

However those men WHO are teetering, wanting/desiring to Believe...God DOES put a messenger in their path (an encounter), to help them with more knowledge, that they may land on a Choice.

God is clear, He desires All men will Freely Choose Him...
And The Facts are clear, All men Alive in their own Blood LIFE, will Not Freely Choose Him.
Fact: men Who Do, in their own Blood Life, that DO Choose Him, shall be Saved (unto) Him, be MADE in His Likeness, with a Forever Living spirit, and WITH Him Forever.
Fact: Those who REJECT Him, to the day their own Blood LIFE ends...shall be Bodily raised from their grave, SEE Him, and Believe...Bow in Worship to Him...(but shall Have No Blood of their own Life to Offer for the sins of their Disbelief).... Thus ...
Scripture is Fulfilled...All Believe.
Scripture is Fulfilled...All are Not Saved.

The ELECT "OF" God, are those who were Offered a WAY according to The Lord God, and Freely Chose to Accept The Lord Gods Offering...and Become MADE Converted and SEALED unto Him, ONCE and Forever.

We are still in disagreement, on these points.
We are likely in disagreement on other points as well pursuant to my previous post you called misunderstanding on my part.

Don't know about you...but according to Scripture, and what I "elected" /"Chose"...
Was my choice, not Forced by God...but rather, by my choice to Learn ABOUT Him, From His provided Knowledge, and "my Freewill Choice to Trust to Believe Him.

1 Thes 1:
[4] Knowing, brethren beloved, your (my) election of God.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Nancy

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem is, I can read the Bible and not muddy those things which are clear, and differentiate philosophical heresy from what is in the Bible. Obviously, I understand Pink.

Agree..."MUDDY"...

Agree..."PHILOSOPHIES" of men!

Agree... ONE holds the ABSOLUTE TRUTH of Gods Knowledge AND the Understanding of His Knowledge...which IS:
The Lord God Almighty "Himself".

His WAY...is learning His Knowledge.
His Way...is His Understanding of His Knowledge.

His Knowledge is Freely Offered...Spoken, Written, Repeated, Spread across the World.

His Understanding is Given...BY Him to Those WHO have Elected to Yeild to Him, and Become Converted By Him.

Philosophies...of men, are of men who read And IN their OWN Carnal Mind Decide the "most LOGICAL" conclusion.

Gods Truth is Not Based on the Logical Conclusion of men's Carnal Minds.

In Fact: this is what Scripture says About the Carnal Mind and Philophicies of men and Truth and Trust and WHO to follow after.

1)
Rom 8:
[7] ...the carnal mind is enmity against God:

2)
Col 2:
[8] Beware lest any "man spoil you" through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

3)
John 14:
[6] Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

4)
Prov 3:
[5] Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

5) (19 times Jesus said to "follow Him".
Matt. 8:
[22] ... Jesus said ..., Follow me;

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Nancy and Candidus

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"Outside of that, I can barely tolerate the contemplation of just how bad I fall short..."
You and I both brother. Although, I try not to contemplate the falling short too deep or I'll never get out of the hole! Lol...I do know what you mean here, for sure.

Cheers to the race of our lifetimes!! May we make it to the end with our faith intact...here, here!! Lol.

Thank you for the reply :)

I would say inanutshell...WISDOM.

Meaning:
There is always something new a man may elect to choose/try.
Wisdom is being able to acknowledge the results of failure, negative results of another that have tried before you.

A babe may swirl their fingers in paint, taste it, like it, and think swirling their fingers in poop would be just as likable.

In all things there is no failure IN the Lord God...we know that, and all the while God knows the curious minds of men.

A man Who HAS Committed to the Lord God...( and I have heard your own testimony)...HAS NO more "Option" to fall short With God...it is the man himself WHO has freely acquiesced his own power to be KEPT IN and WITH the Lord God, By "His Power."

Will we make dumb decisions? Sure, we are not all knowing. Will we ever again fall short with the Lord God? No. We gave Him authority to KEEP us ... and He is Faithful to do so.

Glory to God,
Taken

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At this time He hadn't nailed it to the cross.
the Life of Christ fulfills the law, therefore if one has received the Life of Christ then just what is it that is supposed to be fulfilled in the one who has received? if one has received then the law is pertinent, but if one hasn't, one doesn't need the law to be condemned. otherwise if one is a son of Abraham Isaac and Jacob one is still held by God to the covenant (agreement), also referred to as the law.

Rom 3:28  Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. 
Rom 3:29  Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also: 
Rom 3:30  Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith. 
Rom 3:31  Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law. 

therefore if by being faithful one establishes the law, then the law is relevant to the faithful

Last edited: