[Troll] Atheist Child

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

For Life

Feb 24, 2007
That is the difference between you and I, and that is why your mind is weak. You do not question. You have given mindless obediance to 2000 year old folklore and an imaginary friend.
I think it is closer to 6000 yrs old, including the Old Testament. I believe that my elders are wiser than I am and have something worth learning. Unfortunately for me I have a rebellious spirit and have a hard time obeying. I am trying to learn though. I was once a teenager. I was never an atheist though. I always felt God was watching me. You don't feel it too?? Weren't you baptized and accepted Jesus Christ as your Saviour?

penguin

Sep 19, 2007
For Life;18286]I think it is closer to 6000 yrs old said:
[b']'For Life' [/b][/u]i too have the ability to be rebellious and have only come into the revelation of this in the last couple of weeks. I was completely shocked as i hadn't realised it before. the journey i have been on recently as a result may be of interest to you. the challenge to fast flesh, not simply the food, but the self flesh which promotes the mindset of rebellion. What i mean by this in practice, is that as i realise that my action, thoughts etc have been born in rebellion, i need to choose to fast the thoughts and actions. For me, with the original revelation came the realisation of the hidden places and the amount rebellion can manifest itself, like a root spreading through various parts of life. God is able to renew me in this though and i will be transformed!!! romans 12. -you too!:amen:as i have continued on my journey, i have considered that Jesus probably lived his entire life in fasting his flesh. maybe he could have stepped out of the humanness at any time. We have thoughts come to mind, and in fasting the flesh and taking captive those thoughts, we make a choice to not give in and to go Gods way. I'm thinking that Jesus was in constant submission to his Father, and he will have been able to do far more than we can in any given situation, but had to choose to submit to his humanness and fast his flesh. am i explaining myself ok??? I'm still trying to process my thoughts to be honest. Maybe this could be a new thread. if you would like to talk further, please start one and i'll look out for it. Any other input on this would be good! thanks

Natasha A

Sep 19, 2007
(Denver;18284)
If you live a life void of everything but the laws of physics, that must be one emotionless existence. You cannot expect everything in the world to act by a set series of physical rules, you will learn that all in time.
I didn't state my life is void of everything but the laws of physics. I am bound by the laws of physics, because I exist in reality. Moralistic values are not laws. Laws to me are things that cannot be broken. One can go against their own virtues. One cannot defy the laws of physics.

Natasha A

Sep 19, 2007
(For Life;18286)
I think it is closer to 6000 yrs old, including the Old Testament. I believe that my elders are wiser than I am and have something worth learning. Unfortunately for me I have a rebellious spirit and have a hard time obeying. I am trying to learn though. I was once a teenager. I was never an atheist though. I always felt God was watching me. You don't feel it too?? Weren't you baptized and accepted Jesus Christ as your Saviour?
Yes, 6000 for the old. Rougly 1930 for the new. Since I was referring to Genesis mostly, I should have stated 6000 years.

celia

Sep 16, 2007
Hi say we are all invited to the banquet and the long table is laden with loads of yummy food full of nutrition i.e protein,carbohydrates etc...........and some of us would walk down the length of the table and be picky and maybe voice our distaste or dislike of certain food.Some might even think/say that the food is poisonous without tasting.Everyone has free choice,I know that unless I partake of the food it will not do me any good even though I know all about the nutrional value of the food.I will only get the benefit and nutrition when I help myself at the banquet Psalm 348 Taste and see that the LORD is good;

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't state my life is void of everything but the laws of physics. I am bound by the laws of physics, because I exist in reality. Moralistic values are not laws. Laws to me are things that cannot be broken. One can go against their own virtues. One cannot defy the laws of physics.
My point with that statement was that such an idealistic statement is nothing short of silly. It's the kind of statement that ignorance always seems to breed, but if you want to sail that ship and pretend the world always makes sense according to the laws of physics then be my guest. One day you won't be able to explain things away with physics, and boy, that will be a shocker.I guess the rule of law doesn't hold much weight for you then?

Dave...

Aug 16, 2007
Natasha, for some reason my post is being rejected. I can't even PM it to you. Since I don't know why this is happening, it is impossible for me to reply to you the way i'd like to. If you like, PM me your E mail address, or a link to another forum that you belong to, and I'll e-mail you or PM you the reply that way.Dave

butxifxnot

Sep 22, 2007
(Natasha A;18193)
I don't know where I went wrong.
Well, I think"I have found books in his room such as The Origin of Species, Evolution and the Myth of Creationism, Letter to a Christian Nation, God: The Failed Hypothesis, and the God Delusion."has something to do with it. As his spiritual leader, you have failed to moniter what went into your son's mind, not to mention failing to put in the right stuff to counteract it the whole time in the first place. Humans are inherently evil: if you leave them to their devices, they will leave God before following Him, 9 times out of 10.
About a week ago my child told me that he was atheist and that he did not believe in God. I told him not to say such things and that he was just confused. He's 17 and has been going to church every Sunday since his early childhood. He's never shown any disbelief before. He told me that he no longer wishes to attend church because it's a waste of his time which he would rather spend reading. I've told him that if he continues to deny the Holy Spirit he might not get into the Kingdom of Heaven. He just looks at me and says "Mom, there is no Heaven to get into." I can't understand his disbelief. I have done everything I can to raise him right, and I don't want to lose him to the devil. Does anyone have any advice on what I should do, or what you would do in my situation?
You've let him grow into his own devices by letting his intellect run wild with what he indulged in his reading. I don't know how much good it'll do now that he's 17, but by principle you must ban such material from your house, and learn to discuss with him as a young adult with his own separate ideas. Yes, you must also pray for him and the like, but God acts when WE have done OUR part to do His will. He is no longer "your child" since he can now refuse to obey you in this area: you must now treat him like an adult with a developing mind, seeking understanding (which you have neglected). In his mind, he is an adult: threatening him with "you may not get into heaven" when he doesn't believe it holds as much clout now as "If you don't eat your vegetables, I'm going to give you time out". You must engage him.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
I considered myself as an atheist, only because I was never told about God and Christ till January 2006. So glad I'm a Christian.
smile.gif
Lovest ye in Christ Yahshua our Lord and Saviour.

Natasha A

Sep 19, 2007
(Denver;18326)
My point with that statement was that such an idealistic statement is nothing short of silly. It's the kind of statement that ignorance always seems to breed, but if you want to sail that ship and pretend the world always makes sense according to the laws of physics then be my guest. One day you won't be able to explain things away with physics, and boy, that will be a shocker.I guess the rule of law doesn't hold much weight for you then?
I am not stating that I know everything and that everything has been explained by science. The difference is, when I can't explain something, I don't make up an explanation or say it must be magic. That's something that people would do in the Dark Ages.By saying that I am bound by the laws of physics is saying that I cannot defy them. I am bound by reality, whereas you exist in a fairy tale world where anything is possible.

Natasha A

Sep 19, 2007
(butxifxnot;18499)
Well, I think"I have found books in his room such as The Origin of Species, Evolution and the Myth of Creationism, Letter to a Christian Nation, God: The Failed Hypothesis, and the God Delusion."has something to do with it. As his spiritual leader, you have failed to moniter what went into your son's mind, not to mention failing to put in the right stuff to counteract it the whole time in the first place. Humans are inherently evil: if you leave them to their devices, they will leave God before following Him, 9 times out of 10.You've let him grow into his own devices by letting his intellect run wild with what he indulged in his reading. I don't know how much good it'll do now that he's 17, but by principle you must ban such material from your house, and learn to discuss with him as a young adult with his own separate ideas. Yes, you must also pray for him and the like, but God acts when WE have done OUR part to do His will. He is no longer "your child" since he can now refuse to obey you in this area: you must now treat him like an adult with a developing mind, seeking understanding (which you have neglected). In his mind, he is an adult: threatening him with "you may not get into heaven" when he doesn't believe it holds as much clout now as "If you don't eat your vegetables, I'm going to give you time out". You must engage him.
Dang, I wish I would have burned those books and brainwashed him into being a mindless slave of God...

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Natasha A)
Dang, I wish I would have burned those books and brainwashed him into being a mindless slave of God...
YHWH doesn't want us to be so mindless...He doesn't want us to be a slave either. He wants us to love Him. He gave us a free will to decide if we want Him or not. YHWH gave us a common sense. All the laws He said are common sense. The only thing that is deceiving is Satan and his spirits of the antichrist...because he is the father of lies. (John 8:44)It is a previlege to serve Him. A previlege to use our common sense. A previlege to love Him. A mindless slave? Actually YHWH wants us to think what is right and do right and stay away from evil, from wrong.Lovest ye in Christ Yahshua our Lord and Saviour.

Tyrel

Jan 16, 2007
(Natasha A;18668)
ahaaaaaa..... nice.:cool:

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
I talked to him. His mindset is to disproving any Christian he comes across. He's part of an Atheist club (or Anti theist
wink.gif
). He told me he's going to see a miracle convention with miracle workers. What he meant by that is he's going to go to a Benny Hinn concert. And Benny Hinn is a fake
sad.gif
.He's the kind of person who likes his proof in a test tube.

Tyrel

Jan 16, 2007
(Wakka;18852)
I talked to him. His mindset is to disproving any Christian he comes across. He's part of an Atheist club (or Anti theist
wink.gif
). He told me he's going to see a miracle convention with miracle workers. What he meant by that is he's going to go to a Benny Hinn concert. And Benny Hinn is a fake
sad.gif
.He's the kind of person who likes his proof in a test tube.
Makes me all the more wish to speak with him. He sounds quite intelligent. He sounds like he can bring a good argument to the table. He sounds like my kind of person. Hopefully, he's also open minded.

jodycour

Jun 4, 2007
Natchitoches, La
Natasha,The Word of God tells us that if we train up a child in the way that he should go, then when he gets older he will return to his roots!I'm 47 now.when I was a teenager my mom tried to bash the word into me that only repelled me farther away from her!But love always drew me back to her!Love never fails!I rebelled and got into drugs and lived the party life until I was 23.Then God captured my heart after I tried everything else.Trust God!He will not let your son go, He loves him even more than you do!

Tyrel

Jan 16, 2007
(jodycour;18966)
Natasha,The Word of God tells us that if we train up a child in the way that he should go, then when he gets older he will return to his roots!I'm 47 now.when I was a teenager my mom tried to bash the word into me that only repelled me farther away from her!But love always drew me back to her!Love never fails!I rebelled and got into drugs and lived the party life until I was 23.Then God captured my heart after I tried everything else.Trust God!He will not let your son go, He loves him even more than you do!
Umm.. no.. jody.. see.. .... oh nevermind.