true Christian Eschatology made easy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
Can this be moved to the Christian Entertainment Forum, I don't have the juice in this part of the board.

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
no-- it should not be moved because its Gods truth about end times and its really all a christian has to know about end times..

Manny of the other posts would make better entertainment because that all they are worth .. hardly any truth to some of them at all...

JESUS WINS however is the primary teaching of end times .. every thing else is just window dressing for a christian to know..

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, horsecamp.

While it is very easy, it is also very simplistic. If that's all God wanted us to know, then why provide us with so much prophecy? Better than 2/3 of the Bible is devoted to prophecy and the fulfillment of those prophecies.

No one on this forum should take a dogmatic stance of what they BELIEVE about prophecy, but we should ALL take a dogmatic stance on the prophecies themselves! The biggest problem with what one believes about prophecy is that they will say, "Well, God told ME (such and such), and that's all there is to it." While some won't actually use those words, they DO have that attitude. A few, however, WILL actually use those words or will say, "The Holy Spirit led me to say...," or "I am a prophet, and God told me to say...." This will IMMEDIATELY put those Christians who believe that the prophecies in the Bible are complete and finished, at odds with that "prophet."

A reactionary attitude would also be to say, "Well, I'm going to believe (God/the Bible/Jesus) and not YOU!" But, some will even take this to the extreme and say that they cannot even trust the normal interpretation of Scripture, that it must be interpreted allegorically ("spiritually") in some way; that's going too far in the opposite direction! When one comes to the conclusion, "Well, THAT miracle is just impossible; therefore, it must be interpreted allegorically," that one has become a hypercritic and has set himself up to be judge, jury and executioner on the Bible itself! And, when one had come to the point where his words and thoughts are more important than God's Word and thoughts, then he has slipped into SELF-IDOLATRY, worshipping himself more than the Creator!

Prophecies are a HUGE word puzzle. As such, they are difficult to put together, but they should not be looked at as an impossible chore. The puzzle's solution IS finite, and therefore, no matter how much time and effort might be involved, it is DOABLE! Therefore, we should not be dreading it as a chore, or resigning ourselves to "It's an impossible chore"; we should be ENJOYING it as a DOABLE CHALLENGE! The key to remember is what Paul said in Romans 3:4: "Let God be true and every man a liar." I might add for emphasis, "...no matter WHO he is or THINKS he is!" That will include all commentators, translators, and interpreters!

SO, while saying, "JESUS WINS," is a good thing to remember to keep other things in perspective and a goal for all interpretations of prophecy, it's truly not enough. Back to work!

Reactions: jiggyfly