True Yokefellow

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is a “yokefellow”?
What is that yoke?
Is that “yoke” in companion or fellowship …prosperity without any trials or tribulations?

Yokefellow stood out to me in:
‘Indeed, My True Companion (True Yokefellow)
I ask you also to help these women who have shared my struggle together with Clement, also the rest of my fellow workers whose names are written in the book of Life. (Philippians 4:3)

rejoice in the Lord always;
Again I will say, rejoice!”

My companion, My True Yokefellow
Makes me think of: “Take My Yoke upon you and learn of Me; for I am meek and lowly in heart”

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe it means to be equally yoked.

My BIL recently got engaged, 7 months after his wife of 25 years past away. The year before a friend got divored. He was also married nearly a quarter century. My friend is opposed to dating a woman who smokes. Has not even had one girlfriend yet since his divorce.

My BIL has no such filter. He smokes and his gf/fiance smokes. They are equally yoked. They are yokefellows.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Corinthians 6:14 ( 12-14)
Be ye NOT unequally yoked
( harnessed) together with UNBELIEVERS: for what FELLOWSHIP hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

This is pretty much a self explanatory verse bc it contrast the gulf or divide of differences between two things; righteousness with unrighteousness and light with darkness.

It is like the parable where Jesus stresses you don't put a new piece of cloth to an old garment for the new will pull at the old and it will tear worse. New wine must go into new bottles or else the old will break and it will be a total loss.

Light shines into the darkness discovering things hidden in the darkness.

We must be yoked in fellowship to those of equal belief that we may share the goodness of God w/ o dispute or divisions.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is a “yokefellow”?
What is that yoke?
Is that “yoke” in companion or fellowship …prosperity without any trials or tribulations?

I ask you also to help these women who have shared my struggle together with Clement, also the rest of my fellow workers whose names are written in the book of Life. (Philippians 4:3)

Makes me think of: “Take My Yoke upon you and learn of Me; for I am meek and lowly in heart”
Hi Vicky, good to see your new post maam. Kinda give me a little giggle from the mental image I got. Sometimes understanding a verse requires in understanding who it was written to and how they would have related to it. The cutting edge transportation of the day was of course animals, and the farming implements were powered by them. People would have pictured that literal yoke around the neck, and would know Jesus was referring to his assignment, which he passed on to us just before returning to heaven. Our assignment for spreading his teachings is work, but like Jesus said, it is an easy work. Verse 30

yokefellow

Jan 10, 2023
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is a “yokefellow”?
What is that yoke?

When I first arrived here this morning, this “Yokefellow” thread was one of the first I saw. I considered it a small wink from God letting me know that I should be here, and I thought that was cool. What an incredible thing it is to be co-yoked with Jesus, the One who is our constant companion, the One who will never leave us nor forsake us.

Therefore, my brethren dearly beloved and longed for, my joy and crown, so stand fast in the Lord, my dearly beloved. I beseech Euodias, and beseech Syntyche, that they be of the same mind in the Lord. And I intreat thee also, true yokefellow, help those women which laboured with me in the gospel, with Clement also, and with other my fellowlabourers, whose names are in the book of life. - Philippians 4:1-3 (KJV)

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is a “yokefellow”?

When I first arrived here this morning, this “Yokefellow” thread was one of the first I saw. I considered it a small wink from God letting me know that I should be here, and I thought that was cool. What an incredible thing it is to be co-yoked with Jesus, the One who is our constant companion, the One who will never leave us nor forsake us.

Therefore, my brethren dearly beloved and longed for, my joy and crown, so stand fast in the Lord, my dearly beloved. I beseech Euodias, and beseech Syntyche, that they be of the same mind in the Lord. And I intreat thee also, true yokefellow, help those women which laboured with me in the gospel, with Clement also, and with other my fellowlabourers, whose names are in the book of life. - Philippians 4:1-3 (KJV)
Love you name.....lol appropro for this thread!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is a “yokefellow”?

I’ve been thinking of Yokefellow with: He has borne our griefs…He carried our sorrows.

Isaiah 53:2-5

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is pretty much a self explanatory verse bc it contrast the gulf or divide of differences between two things; righteousness with unrighteousness and light with darkness.
I’m sorry it has taken so long for me to respond. I’ve been thinking about why “Yokefellow” or “companions” stood out to me in the first place. Just a few thoughts. Yes I think of to be equally yoked with “like-minded”. But I also think of Isaiah 53: 2-5 where He has borne our griefs; He carried our sorrows.(even while we were Yet dead in our trespasses and sin).

Is “Yoke-fellow” only about condemnation or divisions between light and darkness or about a Light has shined into the Darkness? To me Paul speaks of “Yoke-fellows” as companions who do as Isaiah 53: 2-5 IN communions of sharing in our griefs and carried our sorrows. I mean that begins Philippians 4 with “I long for you” and then there is the “companions” “yoke-fellow” in compassions in
Hebrews 10:33-34. I think that is why “yoke-fellow” stood out to me. I’ve also only thought of it as to yoke up the “poor” in this world opposite those “rich” in this world…but with to be “Yoked” comes also be not “high-minded” (reference Isaiah 53 with He took on our image that through lowering himself he might destroy the darkness.)
and also consider “as poor but making many rich”. To me what is being spoken of in “Yoke-Fellow”, especially in light of Isaiah 53 where He has borne our griefs, He carried our sorrows …is not a speaking about what puffs us up as better than another…but speaks of a humbling-down toward compassion “companions” and “Yoke-Fellows” in mercy, grace and truth which is that Light that pierces through the dark. We are instructed that the god of this world, darkness, doesn’t want the light of the gospel of Christ to shine into the darkness that they (those blinded) might see. But then we have it is Gods will that none perish but that all might see. Do you see that? The god of this word desire is “that they might not see” which prevents; with Gods Will (Desire)is that none perish that all might see.
That leaves me with the question of it is Gods Will that all might see what? Is Gods Will that all might see The Glorious Light of the Gospel of Christ? Will the god of this world be victorious in preventing? We have read “if this work be of God then nothing can prevent it.”

Last edited:
Reactions: yokefellow

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m sorry it has taken so long for me to respond. I’ve been thinking about why “Yokefellow” or “companions” stood out to me in the first place. Just a few thoughts. Yes I think of to be equally yoked with “like-minded”. But I also think of Isaiah 53: 2-5 where He has borne our griefs; He carried our sorrows.(even while we were Yet dead in our trespasses and sin).

Is “Yoke-fellow” only about condemnation or divisions between light and darkness or about a Light has shined into the Darkness? To me Paul speaks of “Yoke-fellows” as companions who do as Isaiah 53: 2-5 IN communions of sharing in our griefs and carried our sorrows. I mean that begins Philippians 4 with “I long for you” and then there is the “companions” “yoke-fellow” in compassions in
Hebrews 10:33-34. I think that is why “yoke-fellow” stood out to me. I’ve also only thought of it as to yoke up the “poor” in this world opposite those “rich” in this world…but with to be “Yoked” comes also be not “high-minded” (reference Isaiah 53 with He took on our image that through lowering himself he might destroy the darkness.)
and also consider “as poor but making many rich”. To me what is being spoken of in “Yoke-Fellow”, especially in light of Isaiah 53 where He has borne our griefs, He carried our sorrows …is not a speaking about what puffs us up as better than another…but speaks of a humbling-down toward compassion “companions” and “Yoke-Fellows” in mercy, grace and truth which is that Light that pierces through the dark. We are instructed that the god of this world, darkness, doesn’t want the light of the gospel of Christ to shine into the darkness that they (those blinded) might see. But then we have it is Gods will that none perish but that all might see. Do you see that? The god of this word desire is “that they might not see” which prevents; with Gods Will (Desire)is that none perish that all might see.
That leaves me with the question of it is Gods Will that all might see what? Is Gods Will that all might see The Glorious Light of the Gospel of Christ? Will the god of this world be victorious in preventing? We have read “if this work be of God then nothing can prevent it.”
why is the church so often described as “judgmental hypocrites”. Where the church becomes offended with the rolling of her eyes she brushes it off as false garbage? Why has it gotten so bad that even IN the “church” its own members call its other members the same things? Was Isaiah 53: 2-5 about a judgmental hypocrite? Why does the churches own members ask where the compassion is? Where are those (companions) to help carry our burdens?? Maybe a few sprinkled here and there but members crying in their sufferings for fellowship???

What is: my “Yoke-fellows” my “companions” for the Gospel of Christ?

Last edited: