Try to find peace. God will make everything right

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

PossibleThrowawayAccount

Oct 1, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So far I am doing pretty good in trying to get my faith back, or at least I think so. I am not as faithful as I used to be but I am closer to God than what I was last week.

And so I would like to make a post reminding you all that God will make everything ok in the end. When we least expect it Jesus will come back and press the stop button on our current, evil world and usher in a new age which will end with a new earth being created (Revelation 21:1) where we will never suffer again. Don't mourn the physical death of your Christian bretheren for they live in Heaven today. Don't grieve for your pets or plants because they too will be resurrected (Romans 8:19-22). Don't worry about missing your deceased non-Christian friends for they too will be freed eventually (1 Tim. 4:9-11) and you will reunite with everyone and everything you lost. Your non-Christian spouse and children, if not offensive to God, too will be saved (1 Corinthians 7:14-16). Don't be discouraged if you lose or break something you hold dear for there are treasures in Heaven (Matthew 6:19-21).

Your current problems are temporary and God will wipe the tears from your eyes (Revelation 21:4) and your grief turned to joy (John 16:22). In the end you and your loved ones will live on a new earth where you will never separate or lose each other again. Every dispute will be settled fairly by God and people who have fought for centuries will reconcile and bring an end to war (Isaiah 2:4-5) You will build your own house and it will be however you like it (Isaiah 65:21-23). You will live in a place where you will have anything you want and nothing can destroy or steal it (Matthew 6:19-22).

Try to get past your present sufferings for they are short term even if they feel like they will last forever. For this short time of suffering you will receive joy forever (Romans 8:18) and forget your present pains (Isaiah 65:17). Satan will be destroyed and every evil thing with him.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God provides the peace for the saints. Peace flows from his spirit into our souls. The real question is how do we get filled with the holy spirit:

Baptism & Sacrament
Obeying the Commandments
Praying
Reading Scriptures
Attending a Church
Serving Others in Charity
Proclaiming the Gospel
Etc...

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The real question is how do we get filled with the holy spirit:
We simply ask. All those you have listed are good but to be baptised by the Holy Spirit we just need to ask to be filled.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So far I am doing pretty good in trying to get my faith back, or at least I think so. I am not as faithful as I used to be but I am closer to God than what I was last week.
Perhaps you haven't lost your faith altogether but are just in a wilderness time where everything seems dry and pointless and God feels far off. There is a book I have called, 'Finding God in the Wilderness' reading that or something like it may help. Don't try too hard in your own strength though, just be and let God work in you through his Holy Spirit.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Pearl, I think there are degrees of the Holy Spirit. Yes there is a base level of peace and love and even joy for the born again spiritually. I think my experience has been that if I want a more intense relationship with the spirit he encourages me by filling me more when I do good works. And that is probably one of the methods that he draws us closer to himself.

Reactions: Pearl and Cassandra

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Pearl, I think there are degrees of the Holy Spirit. Yes there is a base level of peace and love and even joy for the born again spiritually. I think my experience has been that if I want a more intense relationship with the spirit he encourages me by filling me more when I do good works. And that is probably one of the methods that he draws us closer to himself.
You're right but I think we have the Holy Spirit in us from the moment we choose Jesus and become born again spiritually. Being baptised in the Spirit probably means being saturated with Him. And I think that God gives us that extra boost according to need and according to how he wants us to use it. I remember somebody laid hands on me and prayed for me to receive he baptism in the Spirit after which I began to sing and speak in tongues. But I frequently ask for an infilling of the Spirit to give me wisdom.

Reactions: dev553344

Chains Broken

Oct 26, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your non-Christian spouse and children, if not offensive to God, too will be saved (1 Corinthians 7:14-16).
Are we certain that's what the verse means? I know that there are other times in the bible when this is mentioned like Acts 16:31, but sometimes the interpretation differs.

‭‭
‭‭1 Corinthians 7:14 KJV‬‬
[14] For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

Does being sanctified mean they are saved here?

Last edited: