Two False Witnesses

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
We near the last days. In these days, of the many called followers of Christ...there are a "few chosen." They are the firstfruits, they are the apostles, prophets, teachers, the "two witnesses" chosen for the specific purpose of witnessing...the first (fruits) in the last (days).

Matthew 20:16 So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.​

Along with the chosen, the two groups of "two witnesses," that are to witness His truth, there are also chosen "two false witnesses" and they too are "at the last."

Matthew 26:60 But found none: yea, though many false witnesses came, yet found they none. At the last came two false witnesses,​

I believe those two false witnesses are.....

RAPTURE (being flown away before the tribulation)

PRETERISM (that 70AD was the end of the world/age)​

Joshua David

Feb 10, 2011
We near the last days. In these days, of the many called followers of Christ...there are a "few chosen." They are the firstfruits, they are the apostles, prophets, teachers, the "two witnesses" chosen for the specific purpose of witnessing...the first (fruits) in the last (days).

Matthew 20:16 So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.​

Along with the chosen, the two groups of "two witnesses," that are to witness His truth, there are also chosen "two false witnesses" and they too are "at the last."

Matthew 26:60 But found none: yea, though many false witnesses came, yet found they none. At the last came two false witnesses,​

I believe those two false witnesses are.....

RAPTURE (being flown away before the tribulation)

PRETERISM (that 70AD was the end of the world/age)​

Wow!!! Let's take a closer look at that scripture again..

Matt 26:59-62 [sup]59[/sup]Now the chief priests, and elders, and all the council, sought false witness against Jesus, to put him to death;
[sup]60[/sup]But found none: yea, though many false witnesses came, yet found they none. At the last came two false witnesses, <a name="61">
[sup]61[/sup]And said, This fellow said, I am able to destroy the temple of God, and to build it in three days.
[sup]62[/sup]And the high priest arose, and said unto him, Answerest thou nothing? what is it which these witness against thee?

Whirlwind, you win the reward hands down for wresting a scripture out of context to support your post. This scripture does not have ANYTHING to do with end times, as anyone can quite plainly see. Try to take scripture a little more literally.. ok?

Joshua David

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010

Matt 26:59-62 [sup]59[/sup]Now the chief priests, and elders, and all the council, sought false witness against Jesus, to put him to death;
[sup]60[/sup]But found none: yea, though many false witnesses came, yet found they none. At the last came two false witnesses, <a name="61">
[sup]61[/sup]And said, This fellow said, I am able to destroy the temple of God, and to build it in three days.
[sup]62[/sup]And the high priest arose, and said unto him, Answerest thou nothing? what is it which these witness against thee?

Whirlwind, you win the reward hands down for wresting a scripture out of context to support your post. This scripture does not have ANYTHING to do with end times, as anyone can quite plainly see. Try to take scripture a little more literally.. ok?

Joshua David

A+ Post...
Context changes everything.

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007

Joshua David

On another forum someone pointed out that these two "false witnesses" actually spoke truth. They quoted what Christ had spoken:

Matthew 26:59-61 Now the chief priests, and elders, and all the council, sought false witness against Jesus, to put Him to death; But found none: yea, though many false witnesses came, yet found they none. At the last came two false witnesses, And said, This fellow said, I am able to destroy the temple of God, and to build it in three days.​

Which is exactly what Christ said. So, why were they "false witnesses?"

Matthew 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.​

His words are pearls/truth. But, when the swine (false prophets, false witnesses) are given those truths they trample them and turn to rend you, as they turned to crucify Christ...with His Words of truth.

It has a great deal to do with the last days.

As for taking Scripture a "little more literally," no thank you: :lol:

2 Corinthians 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
On another forum someone pointed out that these two "false witnesses" actually spoke truth. They quoted what Christ had spoken:
Matthew 26:59-61 Now the chief priests, and elders, and all the council, sought false witness against Jesus, to put Him to death; But found none: yea, though many false witnesses came, yet found they none. At the last came two false witnesses, And said, This fellow said, I am able to destroy the temple of God, and to build it in three days.​
Which is exactly what Christ said. So, why were they "false witnesses?"
I think you still get the award for the worst mis-use of Scripture I've seen today.

They were false witnesses in the eyes of the chief priests and council. They were seeking to discredit him.

This verse is a historical account, not a prophecy regarding the last days.

As for taking Scripture a "little more literally," no thank you: :lol:
2 Corinthians 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
Imagine that. Another verse by whirlwind taken out of context for his own gain.

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
I think you still get the award for the worst mis-use of Scripture I've seen today.

They were false witnesses in the eyes of the chief priests and council. They were seeking to discredit him.

This verse is a historical account, not a prophecy regarding the last days.

Imagine that. Another verse by whirlwind taken out of context for his own gain.

I would assume from your post that you are either a rapturist or a preterist. Either way....they are both false witnesses to the truth.

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
I would assume from your post that you are either a rapturist or a preterist. Either way....they are both false witnesses to the truth.

I can utilize the eyes God gave me and education from way back in elementary school to know this is a past event, you'd be ignorant to say otherwise.

Are you saying Jesus will be seized, led to Caiaphas, and tried again? LOL........ Unbelievable.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
I can utilize the eyes God gave me and education from way back in elementary school to know this is a past event, you'd be ignorant to say otherwise.

T, you might have the eyes God gave you but you certainly can't see the truth. The antichrist will imitate everything in God's plan. God will have His two witnesses and Satan, THE antichrist will have his. Satan also has an unholy trinity.

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007

Are you saying Jesus will be seized, led to Caiaphas, and tried again? LOL........ Unbelievable.

No, I'm saying that He is our example. As He was persecuted by Satan we too, if we are His disciples, will follow. The false prophets are spreading their deception today and it will increase greatly. They speak against truth and two of the "false witnesses" they use to deceive all that will allow it are....rapture and preterism.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
No, I'm saying that He is our example. As He was persecuted by Satan we too, if we are His disciples, will follow. The false prophets are spreading their deception today and it will increase greatly. They speak against truth and two of the "false witnesses" they use to deceive all that will allow it are....rapture and preterism.

The actual two false witnesses will be flesh man.

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
I won't disagree there will be persecution, we see this elsewhere in the Bible, but I am sorry, the text does not say there will be two false witnesses in the future.