Two Separate Dimensions of Existence Per The Bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know many brethren struggle with this idea, but for me it has most always been very easy to understand. There are 2 separate and distinctly different dimensions of existence, this earthly one, and then the Heavenly one where God and the angels live. That is per God's written Word.

Understanding the two dimensions is not some kind of pagan occult thing. It is a matter of reality. Lord Jesus even revealed both dimensions in Scripture like John 3:6...

John 3:6
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
KJV

Right there Lord Jesus contrasted this earthly dimension of material matter with "That which is born of the flesh is flesh". Then He gave "that which is born of the Spirit is spirit" in contrast to the flesh material world. He showed that flesh is not Spirit, and Spirit is not flesh. They are two totally separate and distinct manifestations of the two different dimensions.

This is not about any 4th dimension idea either, which some say is simply part of our earthly dimension with giving material qualities, measures, etc.

The ancient pagans of the Far East believed there exists multiple dimension levels in Heaven, sometimes referred to as 'planes'. God's Word does not support that kind of idea either; there exists a Heavenly dimension where God and the angels dwell, and it also includes the abode of the wicked called hell, but in a place of separation, just like our prisons on earth today are usually located in a place of separation away from society. Now some will automatically think about Apostle Paul's "third heaven" idea of 2 Corinthians 12, but that is not about 3 different levels in Heaven. Paul was carried to the 3rd Heavenly world age (i.e., the new heavens and a new earth time, which will be a 3rd world age per 2 Peter 3).

At Genesis 1:1, it says in the beginning God created the "Heaven". In the Hebrew 'heavens' plural. It is pointing to both the sky around the earth (also called a heaven), and His Heavenly abode that is invisible that is of Spirit. The sky, planets, stars, galaxies, etc., are all part of this earthly dimension; the whole universe is. But the Heaven where God dwells is of Spirit, and not about material matter at all. John tells us in John 4:24 that "God is a Spirit." So scratch any old superstitious ideas that God dwells in a material matter state or material place.

Those of that Heavenly dimension have the outward image likeness of a 'man', which is from God's Own outward likeness and image. This we are shown in the Genesis 1:26-27 verse when He formed man out of the dust and also gave him a spirit from the Heavenly.

Gen 6:3
3 And the LORD said, My Spirit shall not always strive with man,
for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
KJV

Did you catch what God said above about flesh man? that he (flesh man) also is flesh? Also flesh and what else? Did God really need to come right out and say flesh man also has a spirit inside him? (see Ecclesiastes 12:5-7 about what happens at flesh death; and Matthew 10:28; and Hebrews 4:12; and 1 Peter 4.)

When our flesh body dies, our spirit with soul is separated from our flesh, and our spirit & soul together go back to God in the Heavenly dimension. Apostle Peter testifies to this in 1 Peter 3 and 1 Peter 4 when Jesus went to the dead of the "spirits in prison" and preached The Gospel to them. Those spirits were about the dead that had died back to the time of Noah's flood. And that was actually an Old Testament prophecy that Lord Jesus at His 1st coming would do that, and lead the prisoners out of darkness from the prison house, i.e., Satan's prison house in the Heavenly dimension (see Isaiah 42:7).

The angel that was showing Apostle John many of the Revelation prophecies, John by mistake bowed to. Notice who the angel said he was...

Rev 22:8-9
8 And I John saw these things, and heard them.
And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things.
9 Then saith he unto me, "See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God."
KJV

That angel testified to Apostle John that he had been one of the Old Testament prophets of God. There again, as per Bible Scripture, that testifies of the continued existence into the Heavenly dimension after death of our flesh body. And The New Testament reveals this emphatically whereas the Old Testament Books barely touch upon it (see 1 Kings 17).

In 2 Corinthians 5, Apostle Paul testified that if our flesh body were suddenly dissolved, we still have another body from God, not made with hands (meaning non-flesh but instead of spirit, eternal in the heavens, i.e., Heavenly dimension)...

2 Cor 5:1-6
5 For we know that
if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:
3 If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.
4 For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.
5 Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit.
Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:
KJV

Thus literally, for those in Christ Jesus, if you are absent from your flesh body, then it means to be with Jesus Christ in the Heavenly dimension. It is that simple.

The Jews who dwell in the Old Testament especially have a hard time understanding this. The OT doesn't give these kind of details like the NT does, that's one reason, because the orthodox Jews still follow the old Jew's religion rejecting Jesus Christ, so they do not study the New Testament Scripture. As a matter of fact, some of those orthodox Jews in Jerusalem years ago found some New Testaments and burned them.

Nicodemus in John 3 didn't understand these things, though he showed a desire to understand and believe on Lord Jesus. Nicodemus, a Pharisee, even contributed spices for Jesus' burial. Jesus told him a man must be 'born again' of water and of The Spirit, otherwise he cannot enter into the kingdom of God (John 3:5). When Jesus said that, Nicodemus immediately thought about 'flesh', and a man being born a second time through his mother's womb...

John 3:4
4 Nicodemus saith unto Him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
KJV

That is when Jesus tried to show Nicodemus the two separate dimensions of existence, flesh vs. spirit (John 3:6).

John 3:6-8
That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, "Ye must be born again."

8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
KJV

The Heavenly dimension of Spirit is like the wind. You can't see it, but you can still witness its existence. In other words, you know wind is not like any other material object that one can see and touch. Jesus gave that metaphor to reveal the two separate dimensions of this material dimension we live in vs. the dimension of Spirit where God dwells. (He was not saying our spirit is wind, but only using the idea of wind as symbolic).

Nicodemus still didn't understand about the 2 different dimensions of existence...

John 3:9-13
9 Nicodemus answered and said unto Him, "How can these things be?"
10 Jesus answered and said unto him, "Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?
11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.
12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

Like, 'how you gonna' understand about heavenly things if you can't even understand about earthly things?'

What do you think Lord Jesus was referring to about Nicodemus not understanding "earthly things"? For me, the fact that we have a spirit also, and that it is born into the flesh through woman's womb, means even our flesh birth holds a mystery.

13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but He That came down from heaven, even the Son of man Which is in heaven."
KJV

Jesus was pointing to His ascension up to Heaven, for we know that both Enoch and Elijah did not die and were taken to Heaven as written.

What did Lord Jesus mean when He said, "the Son of man Which is in heaven"? Right there, you have an example of several where Lord Jesus was proclaiming Himself as GOD. He was even revealing that while on earth in a flesh body, His Spirit was still... manifested in the Heavenly dimension as God!

Last edited: