Uh oh... I am thinking again. .... about why we dont agree on most things

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very mature.
Yawn
Thanks. You example the OP answer.
Pride. You display amazing Hubris and Pride. You are unteachable.
lol.

If you want to teach, at least give me something to work with.

When you fail to understand and even see how Patient God was in the OT. while claiming he was not patient, You have nothing to offer.

NayborBear

Jan 21, 2020
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Universe had perfect order, life had perfect order ( at peace) initially. It was created that way, then sin disrupted that order causing confusion, chaos, disorder, disfunction, defects ( mutations). So things were at peace and then they weren't. We were lost and confused; now in Christ, at peace - with Him ... yet since we still are sinners and have this fleshly nature, we war with eachother.
Methinks you have just "defined" Genesis-1:1.
Which in my own understanding is precisely how it went down!

However? Genesis-1:2?
States something COMPLETELY out of the character of GOD!
Which would/SHOULD cause one to ponder that SOMETHING took place BETWEEN verses 1&2!
Something like a whole other earth heaven "age?"
Which may cause some people in "a" striving TO REMEMBER?

It seems some people define it thusly, yet expend so much effort and time talking every which way AROUND it, without going through "spiritual sacrifices" ACCEPTABLE to God BY Jesus Christ of Nazareth.
For it is by this building of ones' Spiritual house that these "details" are able to come to ones' "remembrance."

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yawn

lol.

If you want to teach, at least give me something to work with.

When you fail to understand and even see how Patient God was in the OT. while claiming he was not patient, You have nothing to offer.
I do not see God as "patient" in the OT.

Perhaps because of your scope of a timeline between events it seems that way to you when we know that God has no real regarde for timing.

The OT is full of disasters from a flood, to anihilation of Sodom and Gomorroa , and the Tower of Babel...and so on.... not to mention all the various wars that God directed His side on what to do....

One might conclude that He was actually heeding the instructions for his newly formed life as it is said in Proverbs

Proverbs 22:6 KJV​

Train up a child in the way he should go: And when he is old, he will not depart from it.

You will disagree.... IDC

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Which would/SHOULD cause one to ponder that SOMETHING took place BETWEEN verses 1&2!

It seems some people define it thusly, yet expend so much effort and time talking every which way AROUND it, without going through "spiritual sacrifices" ACCEPTABLE to God BY Jesus Christ of Nazareth.
For it is by this building of ones' Spiritual house that these "details" are able to come to ones' "remembrance."
That's one thought,

The other thought was Vs 1 was a general proclamation, God created everything

Vs 2 is the beginning of showing in more detail how he completed what he claimed in verse 1.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not see God as "patient" in the OT.
Then you do not see God

He told Abraham his people would not be given the land for 400 years.

Time after time, he warned Israel to repent. Generations continues in sin until God reacted.

Perhaps because of your scope of a timeline between events it seems that way to you when we know that God has no real regarde for timing.

The OT is full of disasters from a flood, to anihilation of Sodom and Gomorroa , and the Tower of Babel...and so on.... not to mention all the various wars that God directed His side on what to do....

One might conclude that He was actually heeding the instructions for his newly formed life as it is said in Proverbs

Proverbs 22:6 KJV​

Train up a child in the way he should go: And when he is old, he will not depart from it.

You will disagree.... IDC
You mention Sodom and Gomorrah. Interesting that God said if just ten souls would have been found that God would have spared the cities.

yeah, thats alot of Grace.

I agree with proverbs 22. I reject the notion God is not a God of love and grace that you are trying to share with me

Reactions: amigo de christo

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Gen 1:2 The earth was [a]formless and void, and darkness was over the [b]surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was [c]moving over the [d]surface of the waters.

I do not follow your reasoning of COMPLETELY out of the character of GOD!

How so?

To me you are spot on..... Not necessarily between VS 1 and 2 but definitely a time span(s) we are not privy to in Genesis.

Reactions: BlessedPeace

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I described A perfect earth with botanicals, fish, animals and man ... the first two chapters . Then in Gen.3:6, Eve ate the forbidden fruit and things changed.
As to your conflict with Gen. 1:2:
Verse 1 is a general introduction to God as the Creator. Then verse two describes the condition that he started with, like a lump of clay, without form, without life, not even round necessarily. It is just how he started, with minerals, water, then He formed it, set it in motion, and created light.
Your third paragraph is not cohesive to the topic of creation.
"Spiritual sacrifices"?
Are you referring to Rom. 12:1?
" Building ones spiritual house"?
God is the Creator of our spirit and house. Jesus said, In My Father's kingdom are many mansions ...He would go and prepare a place for us.
What are you talking about, some previous earth, a missing span of time ( billions of years between the two verses)?
I have heard that theory and don't believe it. I am a YEC.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am about to cut chunks of my post away because it says I am over 10,000 characters..... I am sure you can figure it out.

My character counter says I am at 8,210 unless you also count the ones in the subject?

Well, here goes

Ever wonder why it is that we all were given , from God, some translation of the Holy Bible to use as our handbook and guide us in all ways.... BUT even within those translations some have chosen to change the words just enough that there arises just enough of a challenge to understand the specific meaning.

4 biblical examples below....

! Cor 14:33
KJV
For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

NASB1995
for God is not a God of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints.

Greek Interlinear
Not for He is of disorder the God but of peace. As in all the churches of the saints

Peshitta
Because God is not chaotic, but peaceful, as in all the assemblies of The Holy Ones.

Side note... I find this verse to be educational because ... well lets keep the count down:Laughingoutloud:

Any wonder why there is such division in understanding when discussing things of the bible end up in heated debates?

Example;
Starting way back in Genesis and those 144 hours of 6 days that so many are adamant means that's how long it took... yet when you read some fragments from the dead sea scrolls that says...they are not so specific

6 fragments from 6 scrolls and they all define creation past the first day as "A" day.

This does not suggest that they were consecutive days... it just suggests there were so many days in total.

NO... not debating this point... just using as an example.....and still wondering why there are so many opinions among those brothers and sisters that just dont blend together.

I submit that it is just possible that confusion was the intent.. because those who hold the same thoughts seem to be the people who have a central figure that they have relied on for a few hundred or thousand years. The RCC, who splintered to follow another leader into the Orthodox. The SDA . The JW even those who followed John Calvin or Martin Luther relying on them to explain what is written and all the others.... Whose leaders do not teach the same....
10,000 characters? My attention span is about 100.

Reactions: marks

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you actually have a church you go to? How do you get your local body of believers to join you in your revolution. Or are you just trying to change the chat room?
why yes i do go to a church every day . and how lovely it is to spend time with like minded believers
IN THE BIBLE and not rather the twisted words of men gone dead wrong by a false love that came of the world .
I made my choice eternally grateful and if it means i will be hated , then so be it .
IF it even means i will be eradicated from society , THEN SO BE IT
if it means prison and the worst possible suffering , THEN SO BE IT .
MY MIND is made up , and the false lovey do unity co exist pile of stink crap will not sway me into its delusion .
SO the question is , what do you and others now do with men like me . cause we are not gonna conform .
what are you all gonna do with folks like me . to each his own , but not matter the cost I REFUSE TO CONFORM
even a millimeter in the direction of the false unity , false lets over look doctrine for unity DUNG PILE lie .
sorry i got so serious . but i truly hate that doctrine to the core of my entier inner most being .
BUT TRUTH , now that by grace i do love . Every word of GOD ISTRUTH . the SCRIPTURES , they are TRUTH .
BIBLE TIME FOLKS .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you do not see God

He told Abraham his people would not be given the land for 400 years.

Time after time, he warned Israel to repent. Generations continues in sin until God reacted.

You mention Sodom and Gomorrah. Interesting that God said if just ten souls would have been found that God would have spared the cities.

yeah, thats alot of Grace.

I agree with proverbs 22. I reject the notion God is not a God of love and grace that you are trying to share with me
GOD is BIG TIME LONGSUFFERING . look at the crap pile all inclusie pile of crap lovey do doctrine
that even the churches now embrace , the rainbows they now hold
and the abraham peace accords and unholy religious tolerance act they now run to for hope .
AND STILL HE has not destroyed us . BUT TIME IS RUNNING OUT and I DO MEAN RUNNING AND OUT FAST .
COEXIST , abraham peace accords , all inclusive , seeker friendly , rick warren purpose driven life
alpha course , building bridinges , finding common ground etc IS ALL OF THE DEVIL and men do his work .
WE BETTER GET IN THE BIBLE Folks and in THE BIBLE we better get .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thats great, what is the name of your church..

Its been along time since I have known a church that meets daily
Then join mine , you are welcome anytime you like . we often do bible reads too .
You can call anytime you like . Someone is always ready to talk to you about the LORD and
to pray with you and read the bible with you . We just call ourselves christain .

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
When you fail to understand and even see how Patient God was in the OT. while claiming he was not patient

The bible tells us that God is always the same - yesterday, today and tomorrow. The bible also tells us that God is love and that love is patient. So God must BE patient and have always BEEN patient so that includes during the OT.

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
where is this church?
our church believes not necessarily in a location , but rather
its the peoples themselves . but this one is located in also my home town . We is bible believers .
IF JESUS said it we just beleive it . If GOD inspired it we simply believe it .
and we will test all men against biblical scriptures .
In a sense everyone who truly believes in Christ JESUS is a part of this church already .
Now lift those hands up , it be LORD praising time .
IF you desire to test our doctrine i encourage all to always do so .
IT cometh not of men but can be found in the pages of the bible itself . A return to the simple
and to the true . And while a huge false movement has made the same claim to do
They too say let us return to the simple , to the true early church , THEY SURE SEEM to avoid
and twist what the EARLY CHURCH LEFT FOR US TO READ IN SAID BIBLE .
many snakes , many wolves in wool have come in these latter hours upon earth
to decieve and to take many captive to a lie , to a love , to a faith and to a doctrine THAT WONT BE SAVING A ONE OF THEM .
the church cries , the spirit cries , COME YE OUT and return to the scrips for learning or be taken into
the unequal web of deception . we got us a bunch of wolves in wool in these last hours
with a common goal , to UNIFY all , only IT WONT BE UNDER GOD or HIS CHRIST .

NayborBear

Jan 21, 2020
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you referring to Rom. 12:1?
" Building ones spiritual house"?
No?
I meant this one.
1 Peter 2:
5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

As far as that which I wrote before this?
Is why is called "free will" eh?
You are free to believe whatever floats your boat. ;)

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bible tells us that God is always the same - yesterday, today and tomorrow. The bible also tells us that God is love and that love is patient. So god must BE patient and have always BEEN patient so that includes during the OT.
Look at how often HE did warn them to repent . Look at how he cried through the prophets
WHY WILL YE DIE , i DESIRE the death of none but rather they would repent .
SAME GOD , SAME JESUS CHRIST can be seen through the truth and in the truth
inspired of GOD , of HIS SPIRIT . Thus i say we take heed to ALL THE WARNINGS
and that we heed both the severity of and goodness of GOD . FOR EVERY WORD OF GOD
is meant for the good of the hearer and doer , to the beleiver and the keeper of HE and HIS CONVENANT .
but beware for many men now do the work of the dark one and they can say love a lot
unity a lot , but they lead men unto destruction and far far far away from GOD and HIS CHRIST
through the doctrines and precepts of men , through a love and a unity that has come OF the world
and NOT OF GOD . beware it . beware it . for many now take its road to destruction .

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bible tells us that God is always the same - yesterday, today and tomorrow. The bible also tells us that God is love and that love is patient. So God must BE patient and have always BEEN patient so that includes during the OT.
People see 2 different Gods. Its amazing..

Reactions: Pearl

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
our church believes not necessarily in a location , but rather
its the peoples themselves . but this one is located in also my home town . We is bible believers .
IF JESUS said it we just beleive it . If GOD inspired it we simply believe it .
and we will test all men against biblical scriptures .
In a sense everyone who truly believes in Christ JESUS is a part of this church already .
Now lift those hands up , it be LORD praising time .
IF you desire to test our doctrine i encourage all to always do so .
IT cometh not of men but can be found in the pages of the bible itself . A return to the simple
and to the true . And while a huge false movement has made the same claim to do
They too say let us return to the simple , to the true early church , THEY SURE SEEM to avoid
and twist what the EARLY CHURCH LEFT FOR US TO READ IN SAID BIBLE .
many snakes , many wolves in wool have come in these latter hours upon earth
to decieve and to take many captive to a lie , to a love , to a faith and to a doctrine THAT WONT BE SAVING A ONE OF THEM .
the church cries , the spirit cries , COME YE OUT and return to the scrips for learning or be taken into
the unequal web of deception . we got us a bunch of wolves in wool in these last hours
with a common goal , to UNIFY all , only IT WONT BE UNDER GOD or HIS CHRIST .
The NT church met in homes in cities, and on first day of the week. many of them would get together..

Does your church actually meet in person?

My church meets on Tuesday night, Thursday night Saturday and Sunday morning. In different houses, and at a central location on Sunday