Ukelele

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I used to play the guitar for a number of years. All you need for chord harmony is 3 notes, and 1 note for melody, so the uke can handle complex pieces like that guy is playing (and very well indeed). On guitar this is called 'chord melody' (which I used to be able to play). It's much like how a pianist plays, and is the original way the guitar was created to be played (in Spain).

Good for you Davy! I dabble in the guitar, chords only and only songs I like...I play only for my own entertainment as, I'm not one to get up in front of others...besides, I'm not very good but, I sure enjoy it! I could listen to Jake all day.

Reactions: ScottA

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not play the ukelele, but I was singing this song the other night.

Reactions: Nancy

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good for you Davy! I dabble in the guitar, chords only and only songs I like...I play only for my own entertainment as, I'm not one to get up in front of others...besides, I'm not very good but, I sure enjoy it! I could listen to Jake all day.

I don't play much anymore. The one thing I wish I'd learned though, is piano. I have all this music theory under my belt, and have a certificate from Berklee College of Music, but I've done very little with it. For parents with young children, I recommend they get piano lessons as soon as possible if they exhibit interest in music. I showed talent early on, but my parents didn't pay any attention to it, so I had a late start.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't play much anymore. The one thing I wish I'd learned though, is piano. I have all this music theory under my belt, and have a certificate from Berklee College of Music, but I've done very little with it. For parents with young children, I recommend they get piano lessons as soon as possible if they exhibit interest in music. I showed talent early on, but my parents didn't pay any attention to it, so I had a late start.

What a shame, a talent wasted. I too wanted to take music lessons, dance lessons, and especially guitar lessons but, my family could not afford them. My mom and many in her immediate family played piano. It was such fun to watch/listen to them. My Uncle Bill made those keys practically jump off the piano! Maybe God will bless those of us who never got to take our passions anywhere here, will bless us in the next life...wouldn't that be something?

Reactions: Davy