Unanswered prayers

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

skky

Nov 22, 2007
My girlfriend of two years and I just broke up, and I am utterly devastated. We are, as my mom described us, "a square peg and a round hole". Last night I drove to a methodist church later at night, hoping to find someone there. It was locked an empty, and I lay on the steps for an hour crying and praying to God to send me someone, anyone to talk to about my situation, about God, about everything. I needed him so much. But no one ever came...part of me thinks that maybe he had/has a better plan of action for me, but another part is upset that no one came when I so desperately need someone, and the one person I so desperately want to go to for comfort (my ex) is the one person I can't.We (me and her) prayed to God that he would lead us down the right path and help us, give us strength and knowledge. But I don't see how this could be the right path, it hurts like nothing I could have ever imagined. And it hurts twice as much knowing that she is hurting so much too. I don't think that I can live without her in my life. Every part of me, every ounce of my being wants to call her and drive down to her and hold her.I need God so much right now and I have been praying and praying, but I don't feel like it is helping...it feels like to me that God is ignoring two people that are in desperate need of him.

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
I will definately be praying for you!! :pray4:And remember that God doesn't always answer prayers the way you expect him to, so your prayer might have been answered and you just haven't realized it yet.