Understanding and basic Christianity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lord once told me, "Karl, understanding is understanding I am understanding!"

The point is that to understand is to understand that we need to personally know Jesus Christ. That is in fact basic Christianity!!

To know Him means to hear Him, but that is not hard! It simply takes the belief that He is there to be heard from! Of course, God is spirit, and the Holy Spirit (His spirit) is not the only spirit around. At this point we still have to deal with both good and evil, but we know that!

After all it is explained in the Bible, but not just the Bible. We read about it in writings, like C S Lewis book call Screwtape Letters, and in films like a Disney cartoon where a little devil is over one shoulder and a little angel over the other. You can't go through life with out seeing something like that, and even if you could it is still found inside us, which explains why C. S. Lewis and Disney have those things!!

We have all encountered it - where we are trying to decide things and are getting different thoughts coming to us! Like perhaps when younger we had to get our homework done, and one thought had us going out to play while another thought had us to go get it done before playing. Now we have a conscience to - but our conscience is indeed "OUR" conscience!! That is to say that inside each of us is our awareness that we should follow God's instructions! That is our conscience, but we also have "OUR" flesh and it tends to have more animal desires. Let us follow other thought saying go out and play. So their is a battle between good and evil that goes on inside us and we have to choose between our Sin and God! That basically comes down between going with the desires of the flesh or our own conscience.

Now that is the very basics, but in Christianity we find that Jesus Christ (which means the Christ is God's salvation) is the Word of God! The Holy Spirit (His Spirit) beings His words (the words of God) to our spirit. That just means Jesus Christ speaks to our spirit via His Holy Spirit speaking to our spirit. Jesus Christ is that small voice of God's we pick up inside us. Thus the Word is near us. That is the basic Christianity that we preach! Jesus Christ thus, is Lord!

But if we don't believe He is that voice, then we can easily go with the other side. And to go with the other side is to say we don't believe in Him! Now we can choose to follow religion, if we want, but that too is to say we don't believe in Him who speaks to us the right things to do! So while Jesus Christ might and most certainly will (because He does have me) tell you to go to church and read your Bible, it is not a religious thing!! I don't go because it is written down somewhere to go, but I go as He tells me. He doesn't always tell me. For example, this morning when talking to Him He didn't have me open up my Bible, but instead asked me to post on this forum. In fact He told me that right after I opened my eyes in bed, thought He had me do some other things first.

So to know Him is to know a person, and the person you get to know is the Lord, even God! He also told me He was going to have me to other things. And it is now time to do the next thing. So that is the basic message about understanding and Christianity that He wanted given. Please look to Him (Jesus Christ) Thanks

Reactions: Nancy and Pearl

Alfredthefifth

Jul 19, 2022
Greater Tucson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The spirits around us, good or bad are trying to influence us. So what is in a thought a desire, the tug on your heart the nudge on your shoulder?
The Holy Spirit and angels will be pushing, pulling or tugging to forgiveness, love, grace and peace. Anything else or less is that devil on the other shoulder, saying it will feel good!
When the action is good there will be peace, doing an empty feel good at that moment will not give peace.
Learning to listen to the Spirit of peace and love will lead to forgiveness and grace.

The Learning to listen to the Holy Spirit is the key!

Alfredthefifth