Understanding : Born of Water vs Born AGAIN

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
-
Here is what you simply need to know.... ..Reader.

"Water Cults" believe that water is essential .. regarding = becoming a Christian.

These Water Cults, created this idea, that is sacred to their religion,= that water baptism, is How God saves, and that the water actually washes sin away.

Now, that theology, that Satanic LIE(s)< is extremely offensive to God, because.... The Father sent the Son, to the Cross, to SHED HIS BLOOD.

A.) As "without the shedding of BLOOD< there is no forgiveness for sin, no redemption from sin".
A.) As "without the shedding of BLOOD< there is no forgiveness for sin, no redemption from sin".
A.) As ""without the shedding of JESUS's BLOOD< = there is no forgiveness for all sin, no redemption from all our sin"".

So, those of you who are in a ""water cult"", need to ask yourself this.. right now.

Did water baptism die on the Cross for your sin? ???????
If it did, then keep on believing in that water and that water baptism Cult religion.
If however, water baptism didnt die on THE CROSS for YOUR SIN... then you have a problem, as you are in a "Water CULT."

So, Reader..... a WATER CULT, changes Salvation Doctrinal TRUTH.... that must be only based only on the Cross of Christ..., into...>"Baptismal Regeneration"" which comes from THE Satanic Catholic Bible's teaching found in THEIR BIBLE.......that says in John 3...>>
"Born Again = BY WATER"...
or
"BORN AGAIN = OF water".

See that Lie? That is Catholic Doctrine regarding their Salvation Theology and it has become a false doctrinal belief that a lot of Protestant Churches teach.

Now, anyone who can read, can get a non Catholic Bible, and note that Nicodemus said in John 3...>""""how can i , a grown man, go back inside my mother, and be born a second time"., as He understood "born of water"..
Its interesting that many forum members and many denominations, can't read a bible, correctly... .much less discern it, at all.

So, Jesus explained it like this...... 1.) Born once of your mother.......by Water.... ... and now, 2.) you have to be "BORN AGAIN".... AND THAT is BY = the Holy Spirit.

The reason that Jesus said "AGAIN" Is because you have already been born of water, as that is how you showed up on the Earth.... as a screaming baby. A WET one.

See, Reader, everyone Has already had one birthday, but not everyone is BORN = AGAIN.... by the Holy Spirit.

Everyone born.... has a mother, whose water broke, and you came out, unless they cut you out... but in that case, they still had to free you from that bag of fluid.
That is Anatomy and Physiology 101.
Even Nicodemus understood this basic fact regarding Natural Child BIRTH.

Yet 2 Billion Catholics and similar are CLUELESS, and DECEIVED, about it. And they will try to deceive you about it, reader... on this forum, as a matter of fact.

And that is why Jesus was helping Nicodemus understand that there has to be a 2nd birth-day, that is not the natural earth birth or "of water."

You have to be born = AGAIN...#2.., Jesus said, and that 2nd Birth-day, is by the Holy Spirit who BIRTH'S your spirit, into """ God who is A Spirit."""

Last edited:

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really don't think it need be complicated. When John writes "Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God" it means that man is born again not through physical water that comes through natural birth, but by the "Living Water" the Word of God, the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and the power of His Spirit to both know and enter the spiritual Kingdom of God.

John 4:14 (KJV) But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

Revelation 21:6 (KJV) And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

Ephesians 5:26 (KJV)
That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I really don't think it need be complicated. When John writes "Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God" it means that man is born again not through physical water that comes through natural birth, but by the "Living Water" the Word of God, the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and the power of His Spirit to both know and enter the spiritual Kingdom of God.

Believing that is not based on Truth, is the enemy of your soul.

See, Millions BELIEVE that if they are water baptized, then they are born again. They believe their "sins are washed away by the water".

So, yes, they BELIEVE IT, and they are deceived by their BELIEF.

That what a Water cult does to you... They lead you to believe their LIES.

And the "cult of mary" is the religion that created the doctrine of "baptismal regeneration"... which is.. "born again BY WATER".

That is what the authorized CATHOLIC BIBLE TEACHES.

And noone is born again BY or OF water., yet, that is what they TEACH and BELIEVE.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

See, Millions BELIEVE that if they are water baptized, then they are born again. They believe their "sins are washed away by the water".

So, yes, they BELIEVE IT, and they are deceived by their BELIEF.

That what a Water cult does to you... They lead you to believe their LIES.

And the "cult of mary" is the religion that created the doctrine of "baptismal regeneration"... which is.. "born again BY WATER".

That is what the authorized CATHOLIC BIBLE TEACHES.

And noone is born again BY or OF water., yet, that is what they TEACH and BELIEVE.

Believing what is not based on truth? This is a strange reply to my post.

John 4:14 (KJV) But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

Revelation 21:6 (KJV) And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

Where in my above reply do I say or even imply man is eternally saved by water baptism? Since I am not Catholic, who exactly are you posting to? When you quote another poster, it is assumed you either reply in kind, or use Scripture to rebut what is said and not what you ASSUME???

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-
Here is what you simply need to know.... ..Reader.

"Water Cults" believe that water is essential .. regarding = becoming a Christian.

These Water Cults, created this idea, that is sacred to their religion,= that water baptism, is How God saves, and that the water actually washes sin away.

Now, that theology, that Satanic LIE(s)< is extremely offensive to God, because.... The Father sent the Son, to the Cross, to SHED HIS BLOOD.

A.) As ""without the shedding of JESUS's BLOOD< = there is no forgiveness for all sin, no redemption from all our sin"".

So, those of you who are in a ""water cult"", need to ask yourself this.. right now.

Did water baptism die on the Cross for your sin? ???????
If it did, then keep on believing in that water and that water baptism Cult religion.
If however, water baptism didnt die on THE CROSS for YOUR SIN... then you have a problem, as you are in a "Water CULT."

So, Reader..... a WATER CULT, changes Salvation Doctrinal TRUTH.... that must be only based only on the Cross of Christ..., into...>"Baptismal Regeneration"" which comes from THE Satanic Catholic Bible's teaching found in THEIR BIBLE.......that says in John 3...>>
"Born Again = BY WATER"...
or
"BORN AGAIN = OF water".

See that Lie? That is Catholic Doctrine regarding their Salvation Theology and it has become a false doctrinal belief that a lot of Protestant Churches teach.

Now, anyone who can read, can get a non Catholic Bible, and note that Nicodemus said in John 3...>""""how can i , a grown man, go back inside my mother, and be born a second time"., as He understood "born of water"..
Its interesting that many forum members and many denominations, can't read a bible, correctly... .much less discern it, at all.

So, Jesus explained it like this...... 1.) Born once of your mother.......by Water.... ... and now, 2.) you have to be "BORN AGAIN".... AND THAT is BY = the Holy Spirit.

The reason that Jesus said "AGAIN" Is because you have already been born of water, as that is how you showed up on the Earth.... as a screaming baby. A WET one.

See, Reader, everyone Has already had one birthday, but not everyone is BORN = AGAIN.... by the Holy Spirit.

Everyone born.... has a mother, whose water broke, and you came out, unless they cut you out... but in that case, they still had to free you from that bag of fluid.
That is Anatomy and Physiology 101.
Even Nicodemus understood this basic fact regarding Natural Child BIRTH.

Yet 2 Billion Catholics and similar are CLUELESS, and DECEIVED, about it. And they will try to deceive you about it, reader... on this forum, as a matter of fact.

And that is why Jesus was helping Nicodemus understand that there has to be a 2nd birth-day, that is not the natural earth birth or "of water."

You have to be born = AGAIN...#2.., Jesus said, and that 2nd Birth-day, is by the Holy Spirit who BIRTH'S your spirit, into """ God who is A Spirit."""
You rail against "water cults". You and so many others are "amniotic cults". Obviously the water in the John 3 passage has nothing to do with amniotic fluid. Jesus would not be so stupid to make entering the kingdom of God conditioned upon being physically born, a condition that would be met by everyone. Water was not every presented as a euphemism for physical birth anywhere in the Bible and it is not a euphemism for physical birth any time since. It is a construct of you "amniotic cults".

The simple truth is that even John's baptism in water was for the forgiveness of sins. Not only did John baptize in water, but Jesus, by His disciples, also baptized in water (John 4:1,2). It seems apparent that in both cases, the baptism of John and the baptism of Jesus and His disciples, the baptism was in water and was for the forgiveness of sins. Obviously water was not the active agent in the forgiveness of sins; such forgiveness can only come from God. So then, what does it mean that the baptism was for the forgiveness of sins? It can only mean that the moment of water baptism was the occasion when God forgave the sins of the one being baptized.

That is the way it is presented throughout the NT. That is, water baptism is the instant in time in the life of the penitent believer when God forgives his sins and gifts him with the (indwelling) Holy Spirit. And that is regeneration.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The simple truth is that even John's baptism in water was for the forgiveness of sins.

No JBO! As I've said in the other post on this same topic, John's baptism was for them to repent of their sins that they might be saved. John preached a baptism of repentance, not that water would forgive them of their sins. It would remind them that none can be eternally saved until acknowledging they are sinners in need of repentance from Christ.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No JBO! As I've said in the other post on this same topic, John's baptism was for them to repent of their sins that they might be saved. John preached a baptism of repentance, not that water would forgive them of their sins. It would remind them that none can be eternally saved until acknowledging they are sinners in need of repentance from Christ.
Mar 1:4 John appeared, baptizing in the wilderness and proclaiming a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins.

Luk 3:3 And he went into all the region around the Jordan, proclaiming a baptism of repentance
for the forgiveness of sins.

Of course, water would not forgive them of their sins, but God would forgiven them of their sins and He would do that when they were baptized.

The forgiveness of sins was the purpose of the baptism of the repentant believer. Repentance was a condition of the believer to be baptized.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You rail against "water cults". You and so many others are "amniotic cults". Obviously the water in the John 3 passage has nothing to do with amniotic fluid.

I don't rail.
I expose.
And this exposure causes people who are exposed to "rail."

In Fact they "rail" nonsense, because pride has no means of recovery.

So, if i show someone what Nicodemus says to Jesus, so that they can understand that Jesus explains to Nicodemus the difference between the 2 Births..... and yet, the reader is so indoctrinated and mentally hardened by previous cult teachings regarding this verse, then they will "hair lip Hell" to keep from believing it, as for them to believe it, is to admit they are both wrong, and also in a cult.

So, that is extremely difficult for a person to do, unless....they are more interested in TRUTH then they are in trying to prove their Cult's argument that is based on twisting scriptures into a heretical pretzel.

Try not to be that one Reader, as God wont ever use that one.

Reactions: Ritajanice

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mar 1:4 John appeared, baptizing in the wilderness and proclaiming a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins.

Luk 3:3 And he went into all the region around the Jordan, proclaiming a baptism of repentance
for the forgiveness of sins.

Of course, water would not forgive them of their sins, but God would forgiven them of their sins and He would do that when they were baptized.

The forgiveness of sins was the purpose of the baptism of the repentant believer. Repentance was a condition of the believer to be baptized.

You are partially correct! I agree water will not forgive sins. Where in Scripture can we find proof of God giving forgiveness of sins apart from the Holy Spirit baptism that Christ provides? Man is forgiven of all sin and been born again only through Christ!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
the Holy Spirit baptism

You answered your own question.

Its the "Holy Spirit baptism" that is the = "one Lord, one faith, one baptism".

Listen, there are many "baptisms" in the Bible. Not just water..

So, the "ONE" that creates the CHRISTian, is the "One Lord, one faith, and ONE Baptism".

That is "spiritual birth"... Its to be born again, by the Holy Spirit, INTO God.... "who is A Spirit".

Water can't do that for you, as water is just water., and nothing more.

• Love

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't rail.
I expose.
And this exposure causes people who are exposed to "rail."

In Fact they "rail" nonsense, because pride has no means of recovery.

So, if i show someone what Nicodemus says to Jesus, so that they can understand that Jesus explains to Nicodemus the difference between the 2 Births..... and yet, the reader is so indoctrinated and mentally hardened by previous cult teachings regarding this verse, then they will "hair lip Hell" to keep from believing it, as for them to believe it, is to admit they are both wrong, and also in a cult.

So, that is extremely difficult for a person to do, unless....they are more interested in TRUTH then they are in trying to prove their Cult's argument that is based on twisting scriptures into a heretical pretzel.

Try not to be that one Reader, as God wont ever use that one.
Yeah you rail all right. That nonsense about Jesus talking about amniotic fluid is railing. The Cult teachings that you espouse originated with Huldrych Zwingli in the 1500s.

There are not two births being talked about in John 3. There is only one. It is not born of the water and born of the Spirit. It is born of water and Spirit. One baptism, two results, which are forgiveness of sin and the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Unfortunately, your cult doesn't really know and understand what it means to be born again.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

What did Jesus mean when He spoke of living water?​

living water
audio

ANSWER

Jesus uses the phrase “living water” in two instances in the Bible. The first instance is found in John chapter 4. Jesus was tired and sat at a well while His disciples went into town to buy food. A Samaritan woman came to draw water, and Jesus asked her for a drink. The Samaritan woman was quite shocked because Jesus was a Jew, and Jews simply hated the Samaritans. Of course, she had no idea who Jesus was and asked Him how He could ask her for water since He was a Jew.

Jesus ignored the question and went right to the point, “If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water” (John 4:10). Notice that He does not say that He is the living water, but that He would give living water to her, and when she received it, she would never thirst again. Of course, that does not tell us what the living water is! For that, we must go to another passage of Scripture. In this case, Jesus is in the temple surrounded by a throng of worshipers. He suddenly cried out, “If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. He who believes in Me, as the Scriptures said, ‘From his innermost being will flow rivers of living water.’ But this He spoke of the Spirit, whom those who believed in Him were to receive; for the Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified” (John 7:37–39, emphasis added).

Here Jesus refers to the Holy Spirit as the living water. External influence of the Spirit had always been given in the conversion and sanctification of the Old Testament saints and prophets, but the gift of the Spirit who would indwell believers had not yet been received (Acts 10:44–45). So, though many people say that Jesus is the living water, Jesus Himself intended the phrase to mean the Holy Spirit who dwells in believers and seals them for salvation (Ephesians 1:13–14). It is the ministry of the Spirit, flowing out of a heart redeemed by God, that blesses believers and, through them, brings life and light to the world.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Yeah you rail all right. That nonsense about Jesus talking about amniotic fluid is railing.

I showed you what Jesus told Nicodemus.

If you think that these verses are "railing" then you have some learning to do.
You still have time.
But, you should get busy. as Hebrews 9:27 is accurately translated in a KJV, and in some other versions.
If you own a Bible, then turn to that verse.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You answered your own question.

Its the "Holy Spirit baptism" that is the = "one Lord, one faith, one baptism".

Listen, there are many "baptisms" in the Bible. Not just water..

So, the "ONE" that creates the CHRISTian, is the "One Lord, one faith, and ONE Baptism".

That is "spiritual birth"... Its to be born again, by the Holy Spirit, INTO God.... "who is A Spirit".

Water can't do that for you, as water is just water., and nothing more.
Praise God for the life giving spiritual birth.....so easy to understand for those who have been “ Born of the Spirit “...

Reactions: Behold

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

What did Jesus mean when He spoke of living water?​

living water
audio

ANSWER

Jesus uses the phrase “living water” in two instances in the Bible. The first instance is found in John chapter 4. Jesus was tired and sat at a well while His disciples went into town to buy food. A Samaritan woman came to draw water, and Jesus asked her for a drink. The Samaritan woman was quite shocked because Jesus was a Jew, and Jews simply hated the Samaritans. Of course, she had no idea who Jesus was and asked Him how He could ask her for water since He was a Jew.

Jesus ignored the question and went right to the point, “If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water” (John 4:10). Notice that He does not say that He is the living water, but that He would give living water to her, and when she received it, she would never thirst again. Of course, that does not tell us what the living water is! For that, we must go to another passage of Scripture. In this case, Jesus is in the temple surrounded by a throng of worshipers. He suddenly cried out, “If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. He who believes in Me, as the Scriptures said, ‘From his innermost being will flow rivers of living water.’ But this He spoke of the Spirit, whom those who believed in Him were to receive; for the Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified” (John 7:37–39, emphasis added).

Here Jesus refers to the Holy Spirit as the living water. External influence of the Spirit had always been given in the conversion and sanctification of the Old Testament saints and prophets, but the gift of the Spirit who would indwell believers had not yet been received (Acts 10:44–45). So, though many people say that Jesus is the living water, Jesus Himself intended the phrase to mean the Holy Spirit who dwells in believers and seals them for salvation (Ephesians 1:13–14). It is the ministry of the Spirit, flowing out of a heart redeemed by God, that blesses believers and, through them, brings life and light to the world.

Yes..

“Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost."""

So, Reader, how do you BUY what does not cost Money, that God provides through Christ as "the Gift of Salvation" and "The Gift of Righteousness".

A.) "Faith is counted as Righteousness".

And those who are made righteous are "Blood Bought".

• Love

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you think that these verses are "railing" then you have some learning to do.
You still have time.
But, you should get busy. as Hebrews 9:27 is accurately translated in a KJV, and in some other versions.
If you own a Bible, then turn to that verse.
If you mean by that what I think you mean by that, then shame on you. Do not ever judge another in the sense of Hebrews 9:27.

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Complicated ? NO!

John 3:5 says 5 Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

That is a true statement.

But one needs to understand the born of water, which in this case is not immersion. It is not speaking of baptism at all even though it has often been thought that as most in this forum, as well as others seem it does..

Used here being born of water is referencing a spiritual cleansing.

Are you familiar with Ezekiel 36:25-27 . Nicodemus was . We know he should have been because even Jesus answered and said to him, “Are you the teacher of Israel and do not understand these things?"

Ezekiel 36:25-27 says...25 Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. 26 Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27 I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances.

The most important point about this passage is the repeated statement of “I will.” Notice that we are told God will “sprinkle clean water on you,” “cleanse you from all,” “give you a new heart,” “put a new spirit within in you,” “remove the heart of stone,” “put My Spirit within you” and “cause you to walk in My statues.

Can you understand the application of this to John 3:5?

Sprinkling clean water symbolizes forgiveness of sins. Washing with water was commonly associated with purification among the Jews . (This begs of a discussion of its own, but due to size restrictions that shall wait)

Therefore, we should understand Ezekiel 36:25-27 as the work of God. God the Father forgives and the Holy Spirit regenerates and renews every true Christian. The Holy Spirit dwells within each believer. Who will cause this to happen? The answer is our God above!

Remember that Jesus told Nicodemus that he must be born “from above.” John 1:13 repeats the same truth that salvation is the work of God and not something that we perform.

But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God. John 1:12-13 (NASB)

What was Jesus trying to tell Nicodemus? It was that salvation is the work of God and not the work of man. Salvation comes from above and involves human choice through human will.

We should conclude that a second birth, cleansing, and transformation by the Holy Spirit are necessary before someone can enter the kingdom of God. This experience is not something we earn from anything we do rather it is made available through Jesus’ redemptive work on the cross, by the undeserved grace of the Father.