Understanding Christ In You

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever given much thought to the fact that Paul never mentions the exploits of Jesus when he walked this earth.
He nevers mentions the fact Jesus was born of a virgin, he never talks about the many wonderful miracles Jesus did. How Jesus fed the multitudes with the fishes and bread, or turning the water into wine.
He gives no historical background of family or that Jesus was a carpenter, probably taught the trade by Joseph.
This is very important to your understanding in coming to know the Christ that lives in believers.
It is the same Jesus just in a different body.
While on the subject of understanding, a word should be said about it. Your understanding is something the Lord use's, it is the one thing we are the most responsible for.
I'll give an example: for most born again believers when they were saved the word of God opened up to them. It came alive, it seemed to breathe and have a life of it's own.
It was like God was talking just to you. That was the understanding that was coming from the HolySpirit about the things of God we could handle as babes.
We grew and matured in the lord, and we get more understanding from the HolySpirit as we can handle it. Your understanding is what keeps you digging in the word. If you can picture understanding as a key, a key that will help to unlock scripture to you. It will also be your responsibility to live what you know.
You are never held to something you don't know, but as you get truth you must live it or this is where we get a little spanking from time to time. No one can live it all the time so don't beat yourself up at this point, take your paddling and move on in the things of God.
This is where some people can get away with things you can't, they don't know anything.

So why is it so important to see Paul has no message about Jesus earth life. Why would he not mention all those things Jesus did. I have had this discussion with a few who seemed some what in religion. Leaders, theologians, Scholars, and the common student of the word. Some said Paul just never got around to it, he was too busy with the churches and didn't have time to explain all Jesus did. Some say we already have the four gospels and God did not need it in the rest of scripture.
I believe the reason he does not tell us all that Jesus did and the many miracles was because the Father wants us to know the Christ in us.
The Christ that became your life the moment you believed. Christ in you the hope of glory.
It is no longer an outer ministry, but an inner understanding of who you are to the Father.
Did you know that Christ in you makes you everything the Father has ever wanted.
His very own offspring birthed by the Fatherhood of God, a bonified child of God by Christ in you.
Can you see the importance of you knowing that.
I love eschatology and putting all the scriptures together to see what may occur in the end time.
But all that can never reveal Christ in you. Paul had a revelation of the indwelling Christ, and that is the same revelation every born again believer needs, Galatians 1:15-16

15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,

16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

Reactions: Nancy

prashanthd

Aug 16, 2013
Hyderabad, India
Faith
Christian
Country
India
Have you ever given much thought to the fact that Paul never mentions the exploits of Jesus when he walked this earth.

Hebrews 12
2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
3 For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.

Hebrews 4
15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Understanding Christ within me:

I understand Christ(within me) from the parable of the sower.
Mark 4
14 The sower soweth the word.
20 And these are they which are sown on good ground; such as hear the word, and receive it, and bring forth fruit, some thirtyfold, some* sixty, and some an hundred.

Christ inside us is the Spirit of God through His Word by whom we bear fruit to become a successful carpenter or a doctor or a businessman, not necessarily in the sight of this world but in the sight of God.​

Paul preached resurrected Jesus proving Him from scriptures(Acts 9:20,22,29) which is also reflected in the epistles. The way Paul preached Jesus was according to the grace given unto him by Jesus.

Ephesians 3
7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.
8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;
1 Corinthians 1
23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock*, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

The Gospels were written so that we should believe from the writings of disciples who witnessed His earthly walk.
John 21
24 This is the disciple who testifies to these things and who wrote them down. We know that his testimony is true.

All glory to God.

Reactions: Dave L

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hebrews 12
2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
3 For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.

Hebrews 4
15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Understanding Christ within me:

I understand Christ(within me) from the parable of the sower.
Mark 4
14 The sower soweth the word.
20 And these are they which are sown on good ground; such as hear the word, and receive it, and bring forth fruit, some thirtyfold, some* sixty, and some an hundred.

Christ inside us is the Spirit of God through His Word by whom we bear fruit to become a successful carpenter or a doctor or a businessman, not necessarily in the sight of this world but in the sight of God.​

Paul preached resurrected Jesus proving Him from scriptures(Acts 9:20,22,29) which is also reflected in the epistles. The way Paul preached Jesus was according to the grace given unto him by Jesus.

Ephesians 3
7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.
8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;
1 Corinthians 1
23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock*, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

The Gospels were written so that we should believe from the writings of disciples who witnessed His earthly walk.
John 21
24 This is the disciple who testifies to these things and who wrote them down. We know that his testimony is true.

All glory to God.
Great verses there! We do indeed need to keep 'looking unto Jesus'.