Unrestrained

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not to get into a debate over 2 Thessalonians 2:7-12. I thought I understood somewhat the passage, but then this morning one verse from proverbs caused me to revisit it. Mostly it is the word “unrestrained” with “perishes” are they interchangeable? Why does the kjv have in Proverbs 29:18 where there is no vision, the people perish, but he that keeps the law, happy is he.

1) the topic seems to be “where the is no vision”. The lexicon version says ‘where there is no vision, the people are unrestrained, but happy is he who keeps the law.’

it is important to me because the verse is proverbs seems to be talking about “lawlessness” and “where there is no vision” … the people are “unrestrained” or “they perish” which made me question who restrains …if to be “unrestrained” is “perishes”

Proverbs 29:18 where there is no vision, the people perish, but he that keeps the law, happy is he.

Proverbs 29:18 where there is no vision, the people are unrestrained, but happy is he who keeps the law.’

‘For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only he who now restrains [will do so] until he be taken out of the way. (John 16:28-33. Then that lawlessness one will be revealed whom the Lord will slay with the breath of his mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of His coming. [that is] the one whose coming is in accord with the activity of satan, with all power and signs and FALSE wonders, and with all deception of wickedness for those who (are unrestrained?) perish, because
they did not receive the love of the truth
John 15:24-25 so as to be saved. For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is FALSE in order that they all may be judged who did not believe the truth but took pleasure in wickedness.

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not to get into a debate over 2 Thessalonians 2:7-12. I thought I understood somewhat the passage, but then this morning one verse from proverbs caused me to revisit it. Mostly it is the word “unrestrained” with “perishes” are they interchangeable? Why does the kjv have in Proverbs 29:18 where there is no vision, the people perish, but he that keeps the law, happy is he.

1) the topic seems to be “where the is no vision”. The lexicon version says ‘where there is no vision, the people are unrestrained, but happy is he who keeps the law.’

it is important to me because the verse is proverbs seems to be talking about “lawlessness” and “where there is no vision” … the people are “unrestrained” or “they perish” which made me question who restrains …if to be “unrestrained” is “perishes”

Proverbs 29:18 where there is no vision, the people perish, but he that keeps the law, happy is he.

Proverbs 29:18 where there is no vision, the people are unrestrained, but happy is he who keeps the law.’

‘For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only he who now restrains [will do so] until he be taken out of the way. (John 16:28-33. Then that lawlessness one will be revealed whom the Lord will slay with the breath of his mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of His coming. [that is] the one whose coming is in accord with the activity of satan, with all power and signs and FALSE wonders, and with all deception of wickedness for those who (are unrestrained?) perish, because
they did not receive the love of the truth
John 15:24-25 so as to be saved. For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is FALSE in order that they all may be judged who did not believe the truth but took pleasure in wickedness.

I think you figured it out quite well Vicky, a cross ref scripture I found might help in understanding as well
(Hosea 4:6) 6 My people will be silenced, because there is no knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you from serving as my priest; And because you have forgotten the law of your God, I myself will forget your sons.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus