Using my spiritual senses

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now, while I hear the Lord concerning the Bible, concerning healing and ministering to others, and concerning things around the church, that is not what my life is mainly about. Like most everyone, my life is about my life - meaning it is about my wife, my family, my work, and all the things I go through each day, and that is not mostly religious matters!!

For example, today being a Monday not long before Christmas, and also my wives birthday, it meant I was extremely busy today. I also had a ministry the Lord has me work in for a couple of hours in the evening.

So, the Lord got me up very early this morning and He specifically had me clean up around the house to surprise my wife when she woke up. And in case you don't understand how that works; He was telling me to put this over there, move that to there, throw that away, more the box over there to storage, and so on. He literally was guiding me step by step for a couple of hours. Most Christians I talk to don't understand that He does literally guide our steps and that even for the little things He wants done, even in our regular life.

Job 31:4 “Does He not see my ways And number all my steps?

The answer to that is Yes, so we should hear Him guide out steps at times!

Ps 37: 23 The steps of a man are established by the LORD, And He delights in his way.

Now often, like today, I get soo busy that I don't even seem to be able to even listen for the instructions for steps, because I am just working hard. Even then I tend to figure out later that He was still guiding me, even when I didn't know it, Still, I know I need to keep turning back to Him as often as possible, because otherwise He just might let me stumble so I turn back to Him. Today, I had to listen to Him alot, just to get through the regular things I had to do today, which were a lot.

It stayed that way until I got to the ministry I was doing at the church. That was more relaxing and you might think I was listening to Him more then, but no - I was relaxing and needed it. I just have to watch over a prayer room, which was busy today but that is slow relative the business I had to get at today.

Still I was just sitting there as the Lord started talking to me about "not forgetting the benefits He has for us!

Ps 103: 2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, And forget none of His benefits;

He was talking to me specifically about healing and how when I used to work in the healing ministry people would come in needing healing, but not even tell us that even though we were a healing ministry. His people forget His benefits, He was explaining as I was watching a person slowly walking from the parking lot to the prayer room. So as the person came in I mentioned this. The person told me that they had a problem and were in some pain right then, but they were coming in to meet some others and not prayer for their healing. So I talked them into getting the others to pray for their healing, because the Lord obviously knew that we forget His benefits.

So yeah - I did also listen to the Lord for ministry at the church today, but that was only a very very small part of what I listen to the Lord for. After the ministry, He had me talk my wife out to look at Christmas light and to the store, where we also picked up a plant for her. She loves plants. It didn't seem like much for her birthday, but He had me start on her birthday on Friday, explaining to me something about how Hanukkah is over a number of days, and that He was going to have her birthday celebrated over a number of days. So her birthday celebration started on Friday when the Lord told me to take her out to a nice dinner.

The real Christian life should be regular conversations with the Lord about all aspects of your life, and not just the religious parts of your life. It is written to seek first the Kingdom of God and all these things (the regular things you need in life) will be added to you!!

Therefore, listening to the Lord - our Lord Jesus Christ the King of kings - is not just for church, ministry, reading your Bible, but is for all the little things in your life!!!!!!!!

Consider what our world could be like if in fact we could get that across to all people - like from our President, our Congress, and all the way down to our Garbage collectors! What would it be like if we personally started listening to Him everyday?

Reactions: GracefulWarrior

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, I am writing this thread to help people understand that we can indeed hear from Jesus Christ, via His Holy Spirit speaking to our spirit.

Hearing is of course not the only spiritual sense we have, but it is the spiritual sense most referred to in the Bible! We read things like faith come from hearing, and if anyone hears His voice He will come into them, and that the Lord gives wisdom and from his mount come knowledge and understanding. So I primarily write about hearing from Him on this forum.

Indeed it is from hearing Him that I believe that He is there with me. It is from hearing Him that I get teachings, counsel, instructions, and those words from Him saying, "Karl, I love you." So, there is much to be learned from, and that by listening to Him.

One of the things I learned from listening to Him is that His thoughts are not our thoughts!! And I learned some of the reasons for that.

First, I found out quickly that He is way way smarter than we are. I might compare it to us being smarter that our pet, but honestly that is being very generous to us. We are not that smart. Even the angels in heaven are a lot smarter than us, but they don't consider even they are on the same lever of God, except those silly spirits that fell. Indeed, that was the mistake Satan and those who followed him made. So if I now see where people think they can read and study the Bible and understand it without talking to Jesus Christ and listening to Him, I know they are making the same mistake Satan and those who followed him made. That mistake leads you away from Jesus Christ and not too Him.

Another thing I learned is that His perspectives on things is not mine! He is eternal so He views things from an eternal perspective. For example, He once told me that if souls could be bought, He would gladly give a planet or a star for a soul. So don't be surprised if He asks you to spend money or time on the slimmest of chances that someone would turn to Him.

Also, He views things from an all-knowing perspective. The fact is that though He gave you life and thus freewill, He still knows you and what you do better than you do. It can get embarrassing when you tell you will or will not do something when He is telling you the opposite. We get like Peter who Jesus said would betray Him 3 times before the cock crowed, and Peter says he won't. After a few dozen times of doing that type of thing, you start to learn that when He tells you something you saying different won't change it, because He is all knowing! Therefore you thinking changes so that you start asking what you need to do about it, or perhaps you apologize for it in advance. You will start reasoning with Him so that you can get more understanding instead of making strong statement like you can control and change what He said. Only He can do that. Still, you get to realize that He might change His mind because of His great love for us, and that is your best chance of changing the situation. That is why Moses and David working at getting the Lord to change His mind instead of acting like Peter and saying it won't happen. Peter just needed to talk to Him a bit more, but I guarantee you that Peter did and learned more with time.

I can go on, but something you might want to do is get a copy of the attributes of God, then start going over them with your Teacher - Jesus Christ. You really learn about and get to understand His attributes by listening to Him. There is really no other way to understand them.

For example, God is omni-present - but what does that mean to you. The first thought is that it means that He is always with us. He is. So you have God with you at all times and you don't think to ask Him about everything in your life, do you? So face it, in general we believers (including me) are so stupid as to not seek an answer from Him always. Jesus Himself, did and said only what the Father told Him, because even He understood that it was not possible to understand the depths of God, so Jesus became the Word of God, always getting His words from the Father. I am not the Word of God, because my writings have my understanding from my experiences with Him. But He ask me to preach "The Word of God", meaning Jesus Christ and Him wanting to talk to us, so we need to listen. So I hear Him and do what He asks, but I am not The Word of God, He is. He you seek Him you will find out that He is always there, but it takes hearing with faith in Him, meaning to hear Him you have to believe He is indeed, omni-present. We don't really believe in Him if we don't really believe in His attributes.

One of the attributes of God is that God is good:

Ps 34:8 “O, taste and see that the Lord is good”

Like the other attributes, you can really only understand what God being good means, when you spend time listening to Him. For example we also read:

Rev 3:19 ‘Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline; therefore be zealous and repent.

Face it, most of us think anyone reproving us is them not being good to us!!!

And since we don't listen to Him like we should, what is the obvious thing for Him to reprove us about?

I can't tell you the number of times that voice of the Father has come to me saying, "Listen to Him!

Mat 17:5 ... and behold, a voice out of the cloud said, “This is My beloved Son, with whom I am well-pleased; listen to Him!”

That - in one way or another - is the most common reprove I hear from listening to Him. And encouraging others to listen to Him is reproving them!! If a father takes a paddle to a son who will not listen to his father, that "encourages them" to listen to their father in the future. So the Lord "encourages" us in one way or another, as needed.

Prov 22:15 Foolishness is bound up in the heart of a child; The rod of discipline will remove it far from him.

He love you - and God is good - so don't listen to Him at your own risk!

I once was arguing with Him. It wasn't about something really important but something I didn't like. And as I argued with Him I told Him, "What are you going to do? Hit upside the the head?"

Then He did just that, and I got instantly hit in the side of the head - right in the temple of the head. I don't know exactly how He did it, but it was amazing. I got hit from Him. I instantly stopped arguing with Him and just started thinking about how He hit me. It felt just like someone had hit me. It hurt just like someone had hit me. He did hit me. I was so amazed that He could hit me that I started to laugh. It was almost a matter of pride, that my father in heaven loved me enough to hit me. I know it sound silly but start talking to Him and learn!!

You will learn that God is good and He love you soo much that He does do things in your life to discipline you. Believe me, you want it that way!!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I run across those who are quote "Christians" but they don't hear from Him. And I find a lot of them on this forum, but that is not everyone. I also have come across many quote "Christian" who do hear the voice of the Lord speaking to them. What I find amazing is that both groups can almost always be found in most quote "Christian Churches", and yet I still find so many who don't have a clue about using their spiritual senses.

Jesus told us that what we hear whispered in our ear we should shout on the house tops - so how are we doing with that since this is happening in most Christian Churches??

Even at my church, which is a large intendent rather conservative but also a charismatic church, I find it happening a lot!! They are a charismatic church, but you will never hear tongues spoken there, with or without an interpretation. Well, almost never, because in the back rooms in certain circumstances you might hear it. For example the Lord,, for a short while, had me speaking in tongues and provided the interpretation in the healing ministry I was in.

It is actually easy to get an interpretation for tongues, you just ask the Lord and listen to what He tells you.

And I want to tell a story about one of the pastors there, which I found "ironic". That pastor (who was not the main paster but one of a about five or six pastors in this large church) once explained that He didn't actually hear words from the Lord but kind of picked up the Lord as an unction or feeling. That is called being "dull" of hearing in the Bible. Yet he was teaching a class at the church and he wanted to give and example of singing in tongues and getting the interpretation. It was a wonderful example of how our spiritual sense work, but he still didn't get it.

What he had found out was that he could let the Holy Spirit take over his voice so that he could not only speak in tongues but also sing in tongues. That of course is correct, and he also found out that he could ask the Lord and the song would go into English. And that also is correct. And He showed the whole class how that worked.

What he didn't figure out was that he could do the same thing for his speaking in tongues. You can simply ask the Lord for an interpretation and if you care to believe, The Holy Spirit can simply move that language being spoken from the language being spoken in to English. So he got theses feelings, or unction's from the Lord, but he just never asked the Lord to move them into English!! Therefore He was 'dull" of hearing!!

This is important because we are not preaching The Unction of God, but rather we are preaching The Word of God. That is what the pastor failed to understand!!! So He did actually correctly preach "The Word of God" when he demonstrated how the Holy Spirit could move the language of tongues into English so we could understand, but he did not understand that preaching the Word of God was getting people to do that something with the feeling we are picking up from the Lord!

And I believe that has something to do with explaining what so many Christians at church don't understand the Jesus Christ is the Word of God, meaning He wants to talk to them personally!! We just don't preach The Word of God to mean the Holy Spirit can bring us what the Lord Jesus Christ has to say to us in Words!!